looking for an Aegis based server

Started by Validation, Jul 15, 2013, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Validation

i'm looking for a server that...
- is as close to official as possible
- has 100+ active players (minus vendors, etc.)

renewal or pre-re, doesn't matter. i just wanna play on an aegis server with a good population.
No athena servers please! i'm sick having to adapt from official (aegis) settings to athena. i find playing/moving around on an aegis server is so much smoother than on athena so yeah.

if you can let me know of an eathena/rathena/whatever server that has the same skill dancing/delay mechanics and other settings in general (monster skills, ganba effect, skid trap mechanics, etc.) as aegis, then ok, i'll play.

thanks for your time!

Meta

I think Ragnarok Frontier is pretty much it. The population is about 30 non-vendors at non-WoE peak, but most of them are off doing things, so you won't see them in towns. It does have some commands hacked on to Aegis: @autoloot, @autotrade, and @time. There are very few customizations. It's probably the most conservative RO server in the history of RO.

https://www.xenophase.net/

Validation

30+ people... doubt i'd have some pvp fun on a server with a very low population.. /hmm

thanks though, ill try it out if no one else suggests an aegis server

Meta

People will usually come to the pvp room if you suggest it in #main.

Validation

But with only 30ppl i'd p much be playin with the same ppl over and over :(

Meta

Quote from: Validation on Jul 15, 2013, 06:41 PM
But with only 30ppl i'd p much be playin with the same ppl over and over :(

Yeah, that's why I've been on the hunt for another server. I like having everything work right too, but as far as I know this is the only Aegis server outside officials, and it doesn't grow. /x

Tom~

You won't find another Aegis based server. If you want to play on Aegis, play Ragnarok Frontier. Otherwise, give up.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Validation

Playtester

Ragnarok Frontier is the most popular, best and biggest Aegis based RO server except for official servers.

If you don't like renewal I think it's actually the best option. iRO classic might have more players, but with 90% of them being bots and the lack of a main channel feature, it's basically impossible to ever talk with anyone. Ragnarok Frontier is the better choice, it might only have 30 players, but they actually talk with you. You can also jobchange without paying real money unlike iRO classic.

As for renewal I recommend iRO or even better if you are not from America - euRO.