Looking for a place to call RO-Home

Started by aussei, Apr 20, 2014, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussei

Hello fellow Ragnarok players,

Me and my boyfriend are currently looking for a Ragnarok server to call "home". This has proved to be a frustrating journey indeed....

Summary of What we're looking for:
- Mid-rate
- Please no donation pay2win servers
- A decent community
- Decent class balance, nothing is perfect
- Level Cap is irrelevant
- Warper would be nice or warp commands to make traveling easier
- Stylist for the lady :)
- I don't want to farm 100 months to buy stuff that I want from players
- New Player Friendly
- Server age doesn't matter but at least more than 100 people on

I'm still rather new to RO I've played a bit here and there in the past few years but never really got to sit down and enjoy the game. I'm personally looking for a server that gives me time to learn how to play the game, but not too slow to the point that it takes months to get to where I need to be. I'm an adult and have other responsibilities.... I also have bills to pay and other things to spend money on so I don't want the donation/voting system to be what gives you end game gear.. I'm not gonna poop money out into admin's pockets sorry. lol

I want to be able to easily form social bonds with people who speak English and share the same goals. Goals like, to enjoy the game by partaking in PvP, PvE, WoE, etc. I don't want to be ignored when asking for help, party, or finding a guild.

Third jobs would be a bonus, but not a necessity. I'm looking for general class balance (nothing is perfect though), so that I don't end up playing against the same 3 classes whenever PvPing/WoE /ect. without the worry of getting like 50 asuras to the face. Don't wanna be the only High Priest on the server.

Thank you in advance for those who reply. :)

Fie

Hey Aussie, i'm Fie, we run a guild me and Grommy at Tervist RO which is like family, its small kint and very nice MvP and PvP and might WoE, if you wan't i invite you to join us and i'll help you get started.

blast

Hey Aussei.
Glad to see that people are still looking for servers they can call "Home".
Well I have a server to offer, which I own, It's called XileRetro. It's like almost a month old and it is a High Rate/Mid Rate server with 255/70 as level caps.
Since you are still learning RO I am glad to tell you that we have a very friendly community, also all classes are perfectly balanced and since you play High Priest, I want to tell you that, it is one of the most played Character on this server.
Everything is balanced and the items that are avaliable for donations are balanced as well and lso can be obtained as quests Items.
We have a stylist for girls
Very friendly and attached community
The population peaks at 130. Since the server is just 3 weeks old.
We have a warper as well as @go command
We got events everyday and NPC's such as
- Unholy Path

Hope you and your boyfriend do check t out. It's an English speaking server and is very diverse, if you would like a tour I could show you around.
Goodluck! /no1
Website
XileRetro.net
Forums
Xileretro.net/forums

eesti

Hello, aussei!

I want to offer you a Mid-Rate server with high activity on BG and WoE

Tervist Ragnarok Online

We have:
Quote+ WoE: SE only, Active WoE guilds
+ @restock + @restocknpc, @storage, @spb, @setcmd
+ BattleGrounds 2.0 with auto-registration + @joinbg
+ BG/WoE/PvM consumption for a single type of badges
+ Extended WoE/BG statistics/ranking
+ Stable Europe dedicated hosting in Germany
+ Proxy system for all players: US proxy for US/CA/BR players, Estonian proxy for CIS/Baltic/Europe
+ Minimum delay between active skills: 0.2s (5 per second)
+ Protected by Gepard Shield (unique protection) and Adelays
+ 400-500+ live players

Other server info:
QuoteEpisode 13.2 without 3rd Jobs
Max stats: 99, Max level: 99/70
Rates: Weekdays 25x25x10x ~ Weekends 30x30x15x
Server timezone: Europe/Tallinn, Estonia

Quest & BG headgears shop
Balanced donate items, No Premium Accounts
Comfortable Trading Location, Web Vending DataBase
Active and Professional Staff

Main language: English
Allowed to communicate in any language
Support: English, Estonian, Russian

Quote from: aussei on Apr 20, 2014, 05:15 PM
Hello fellow Ragnarok players,

Me and my boyfriend are currently looking for a Ragnarok server to call "home". This has proved to be a frustrating journey indeed....

Summary of What we're looking for:
- Mid-rate
Rates: Weekdays 25x25x10x ~ Weekends 30x30x15x

- Donation/Voting items that are preferably more for Aesthetics rather than end-game equipment with super powers
Balanced donate items, No V4P system

- A decent community
Friendly, you can always get answers to your questions and socialize with the players! :)
At the forum, there are two sections: English and Russian

Balanced

99/70

Free warper, MvP Locations 50k zeny

Unique pallete for clothes (~700) and hairstyles (Kami-Shi)

Comfortable vending zone, many items
Much items and supplies you can get for BG badges

- New Player Friendly
Welcome :)

We opened our server on February 8th
400-500+ live players

I'm still rather new to RO I've played a bit here and there in the past few years but never really got to sit down and enjoy the game. I'm personally looking for a server that gives me time to learn how to play the game, but not too slow to the point that it takes months to get to where I need to be. I'm an adult and have other responsibilities.... I also have bills to pay and other things to spend money on so I don't want the donation/voting system to be what gives you end game gear.. I'm not gonna poop money out into admin's pockets sorry. lol

I want to be able to easily form social bonds with people who speak English and share the same goals. Goals like, to enjoy the game by partaking in PvP, PvE, WoE, etc. I don't want to be ignored when asking for help, party, or finding a guild.

Third jobs would be a bonus, but not a necessity. I'm looking for general class balance (nothing is perfect though), so that I don't end up playing against the same 3 classes whenever PvPing/WoE /ect. without the worry of getting like 50 asuras to the face. Don't wanna be the only High Priest on the server.

Thank you in advance for those who reply. :)

If you have any questions - pm me 

Regards, Jenny

ThunderFoxer

I guess i am looking for the same thing as you are looking with your boyfriend..Aussie.  /ho

aussei

Okay so let em reiterate this. I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER DONATE TO A SERVER. I'm sorry but I'm not that kind of person. Please don't suggest pay2win servers to me I will instantly turn them down and if I find the nitty gritty I'm not afraid to put it out there cos I'm very serious about getting into RO and wish to enjoy every aspect of the game without having to spend not ONE DOLLAR. I'm not in a place to be spending money like that so....Please... stay away donation servers. lol

Zhin

:3 'sup? You should take a look at AvidRO if you haven't already. We just hit the #1 spot on RMS's midrate listing, which is pretty spiffy if I don't say so myself. Pretty sure we meet all of your requirements! Avid's even working on getting more hairstyles included on the stylist. :D

Here's some general copypasta information for ya:

We are a newish? server, three months old. Getting old as servers go, right? ;D We're peaking now around 300-400 players during WoE.
We are a Mid-Rate server with 50x/50x/20x rates, Card Drop - 10x, MvP Card Drop - 1x
We are running on Pre-Renewal.
We do not let anyone buy levels or refines.
Active and friendly GMs and automated events running every 30 minutes between GM hosted events.

We have 3 WoEs per week:
Saturday (Prontera)
Sunday (Mardol - WoE SE)
Wednesday (Payon)

Only 1 castle is open per WoE at the moment for maximum competition.
Customized BG scripts currently being perfected to increase competition and keep you playing!
We have no custom items and we are definitely not pay-2-win(you seem really concerned about this, so I want to make sure I emphasize this!). Most of our donation items are just for convenience or aesthetics, and you can get KCP for voting and for winning events, so you never have to spend a dime unless you really want to.

Hope you'll join us and become a part of our fast-growing community.

www.avid-ro.com

blast

Quote from: aussei on Apr 22, 2014, 04:29 PM
Okay so let em reiterate this. I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER DONATE TO A SERVER. I'm sorry but I'm not that kind of person. Please don't suggest pay2win servers to me I will instantly turn them down and if I find the nitty gritty I'm not afraid to put it out there cos I'm very serious about getting into RO and wish to enjoy every aspect of the game without having to spend not ONE DOLLAR. I'm not in a place to be spending money like that so....Please... stay away donation servers. lol

I get what you mean, I have never donated as well and never will. That is why the server I made is balanced, every donatable item is also available as a quest or a drop, so that it s NOT necessary to donate.
:)
Regards
Blast

Wyvern

Perhaps you could try ElariaRO. Only downside from your requirements is that it's a low rate and not a mid rate. Also no 3rd jobs.
All donations are obtainable via voting, and some from daily rewards (logging on at least once every day), and even some from GM-held events too. And the items from the item shop are mostly headgears, and some useful stuff/supplies, but are not necessary to get.

http://www.elariaro.eu/

ElariaRO

Dear aussei,

you want to play on a server, where you don't have to spend money on?
Then ElariaRO is perfect for you!

Why? Because we are not a server which wants player to donate just to earn money.
If you want to donate, you can do so to help the server - if not then there are other fair and quick ways to get cash points for our cash shop. For example via voting! You can earn up to 2 voting points per day, which you can convert into cash points. The currency is 1:1 and you are able to buy cash shop items starting from 1 cash point/vote point.

If you want to know more about that system, you can check our our forum. (Link is below)
But for now, let's see if we can fit your desires.

Quote from: aussei on Apr 20, 2014, 05:15 PM
- Mid-rate
ElariaRO is a lowrate server with 7x7x5x rates and for boss/mvp 7x7x1x rates.

- Please no donation pay2win servers
We are not a pay2win server, everything can also be obtained via voting - so you don't have to spend money. There are also events from which you can get cash shop items, or cash points. Our cash shop is not overflooded with over powered items, everything is well balanced.

- A decent community
Perfect, we are about 60~100 people online everyday, minus ~10 vendors.

ElariaRO has balanced classes, since we are also a max 99 status server. But still every class got a up and downside. A champ will always make more damage as a high priest, heh.

There is also a multilevel cap after 5 level.

You can find our warper in the kafra. The fee is free under level 60 and above 1.000 zeny for town warps, 3.000 zeny for dungeon warps and 4.000 for dungeon warps with quest. (you have to do the quests)

Oh, I am sure you will love our stylist team. We have a lot new hairstyles and a perfect palette for hairs and clothes from Kamishi without any pixel failures! You really got to test it ingame!

I can't tell how fast you are at farming etc, but I think you won't have to wait that long until you have your money together!

- New Player Friendly
In the novice ground you are able to get a newbie pack, with a bit lowgear, potions, a battle manual and our alice (works like the mercenarys, just gives you small level 5 buffs, also good for a aco without that much int at the beginning!)

We started on 1.04.2014 and are growing every day! From small beginnings come great things ~ our slogan!

If those informations fit your desires, then check out the following pages! ^_^

www.elariaro.eu
www.elariaro.eu/_board
www.facebook.com/elariaro
Greetings,
Administrator Aurela from ElariaRO

Seffi ❤

Hi aussei, if you'd like to stop by WoonRO sometime I think it might make a good home for you guys.

Specifics:
• Mid rate server 150x/150x/50x and 1x boss cards.
• Balanced donations, essentially everything you can donate for can also be obtained in-game.
• Fun and eventful community with regular instance parties + PvM events.
• We have actually been introducing some edited sets recently which balance unused classes such as Spiral Pierce LK and Whitesmith. Still in development.
• 99/70 level cap.
• Warper with dungeons + fields excluding instanced dungeons.
• Stylist + Costume headgears.
• Not very difficult to make zeny + buy gears. Within a week or two you should be able to gear a character with decent gear.
• Active Council members help give players tours around the server + help introduce them to the community.
• Has been going with no wipes since 2011.

If that sounds good to you I encourage you to come say hello on our forum and check us out. We'd love to have you guys playing the server, and we don't care if you donate or not. Just adding to our community would be appreciated enough! <3

So yeah, hope to see you there. Thanks for reading.

Forums: http://www.ro.woongaming.com/
Wiki page: http://woon-ro.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
[/URL]
Love Piamette? Check out WoonRO's latest update including the Piamette set & over 40 new headgears.