Looking for a low to mid rate

Started by Shurelia, Nov 01, 2018, 01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurelia

I'm in the market for a new low to mid rate server. Ideally I'm shooting for something as close to classic old-school RO as possible, with minimal customization.

Some things-

• Rates can be up to 100x across the board
    • Max level 99 (trans classes, no 3rds)
    • Population roughly 50-100+, just don't wanna fight for hours for a name
    • United States based, English community
    • As I said, minimal customization. Small/subtle aesthetic customs are fine I guess, just nothing overblown. No custom towns, maps, mobs, stories, etc. Also no card shops or gold rooms, those are instant server killers for me.
    • Please no servers with disabled/removed MVP or Mini-boss cards. With drop rates in the range I'm looking for, people that get those cards have earned them. <- *Edited this in*
    • Lastly, no anime ridden servers. (i.e. servers flooded with Naruto/Bleach/etc customs)

Zain

Hi Shurelia

This server was opened late july this year - it's about 3 months old, so I'm not sure if this fits your description of a "new server", but it fits exactly what you're looking for:

• 50x rates
  • max level 99. Trans, no 3rd but there's an npc to change your character look to 1st or 3rd sprites (rarely anyone uses 3rd sprites)
  • population between 50-90 depends on the day and time (reaches its peak on weekends as there're so many weekend players)
  • united states hosted exactly in Virginia
  • there are no custom gears, maps, towns, card shop, gold room...etc but there are a few customizations that you can quickly know all about on the server's wiki, so there's nothing to confuse you

One thing to mention, even that this server has mostly original RO content with no major customizations, MVP Cards have high drop rate (5 percent) which can be either very interesting or the total opposite for you, but I would recommend to give it a try because it is not as it may sound.

The server's name is: RightRO it is in the mid rate RMS servers list

Good Luck

Chapter Ragnarok

Hello!
I would like to introduce Chapter Ragnarok to you. 8x Base 9x Job 10x Drop 1MvP cards. We're a bit special, we are pre-renewal with 3rd classes with everything rebalanced to make it equal on all sides. Weekly updates, big or small, we update our game. We got a Halloween Event running right now, ends on the 19th of Nov. You can be sure we will do another holiday event for Christmas. :)

Here is a bit of what we offer:

[close]

Hat quests
[close]

Feel free to check us out!

Chapter R: https://chapter-ragnarok.net/
Ratemyserver: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=20444&url_sname=Chapter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChapterRagnarokENG/

Shurelia

To follow up I looked at both of your servers.

RightRO has 3rd classes which are notoriously hard to balance, and are also not really what I'd consider classic, and drop rates so high that cards are a guaranteed drop. Not really my cup of tea, sorry.

Chapter RO has the opposite card problem, with low drop rates and removed MVP/Mini-boss cards. Again sorry, but not what I'm looking for (see edited point).

Still looking!

Bonesy

To put some weight on this thread, I am also searching for a server under the same parameters.

JerryGetPaid

Hello Shurelia and Bonesy,

I would suggest TitanRO as it appears to match your standards. 5x/5x/3x, revo-classic mechanics, and minimal mob customization (champion mobs each map).

Visit titanro.net for more info.

Develon

Quote from: Shurelia on Nov 09, 2018, 08:55 PM
To follow up I looked at both of your servers.

RightRO has 3rd classes which are notoriously hard to balance, and are also not really what I'd consider classic, and drop rates so high that cards are a guaranteed drop. Not really my cup of tea, sorry.

Just leaving my 2 cents, regarding RightRO it has no 3rd classes, what you most likely saw was class sprites.
You can for example be a Lord Knight, as the screenshot shows ( https://gyazo.com/7d08a1257dd98fbbc99300db3c57c2ba ). And show up as Knight, Lord Knight, Rune Knight or jro Rune Knight sprite/costume as Zain mentioned on his post.
Classes are only up to rebirth, but regarding your recent "edit in", of people who own mvp cards.
Every card is indeed 100% except MVP/mini boss cards which are 5%, you can obtain bubblegum with relative ease, i.e.: up to 2 characters online 8(?) hours, equals one bubblegum (hours do add up).
You have access to a MVP room which lets you summon a few specific MVPs and sinks a LOT of zeny. A few custom instances/challenges, with rewards actually worth bothering with, among other things. Honestly, it has a fair bit of content.

Also, some MVP cards are slightly nerfed, since you did mention the removal turned you off I thought it'd be worth mentioning them.
A few being:
Fallen Bishop is +25% magical damage on demi humans instead of +50%.
GTB is -50% magical damage instead of 100%, still makes you immune to dispel/quagmire/dec agi, etc.
Thanatos only works in PVM.
Most likely some others i'm forgetting.

Anyway, best of luck.

Orgi

Maybe OriginsRo is something for you. Atm there is no rebirth, but there will be an update with rebirth maybe in january or february.

https://originsro.org/