Looking for a low or mid rate server

Started by fisharefriends, Oct 25, 2011, 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisharefriends

Hey there.

I'm looking for a server to play on with my boyfriend.  Therefore, I need a server that suits some or all of the needs of both of us.

Server rates: 5-50x experience, 50-100x drops

The drop rates shouldn't be too different from the experience rates, but I always prefer if the drop rates are higher, and that's the main thing I'm looking for in a server.  I don't need to level up every day, but I DO NOT want to spend a week or more looking for one card (so the minimum for non-MVP card drop rate is 50x - no exceptions).  As for experience rates, my boyfriend would probably play on a low-rate server with me, but he prefers mid rate experience.  Myself, I don't care what the experience rates are as long as I won't be maxing out within three days on any character.

Trans classes, no 3rd jobs

There's no exception to this.  Custom classes are also a no.

Max stats:  99

I don't care if the maximum level is higher than 99 as long as the max stats and the way DEX works for spellcasters isn't tampered with.

Commands

We expect these as a minimum requirement of any server that we join:

• @autoloot, @alootid
  • @noks
  • @die
We do not want to join a server that uses these:

• @warp
  • @heal
Optional, don't care about them either way:

• @go
  • @storage (just not in WoE obviously)
Bonuses

• Custom quests - These tend to be a good thing to have in a server, and if I find them intriguing enough, I'd consider joining a server solely to try them out.  However, the quests would need to have objectives that I can complete.  I won't join a server that asks me to hunt for five Boy's Caps to make custom headgears unless there's something else that drops Tiger's Footskins. 
  • Headgear disguising - I would love to play on a server that has features like this, but it can't be a pain in the donkey and it's gotta work on more than just a few headgears.  If I'd end up spending more on headgear disguises than on my actual armor, then it's no longer a feature and it becomes just a nuisance.
No-nos

• Wings of ANY kind
  • Stat-giving donation equipments, cards, ores, etc.  Anything that asks me to vote 1000 times to get enough points to buy something falls under this category too.
Things that are trivial to us

• Eventfulness - We probably won't be able to make it to most events anyway due to time constraints.
Anything that wasn't mentioned probably won't affect my decision on whether or not to join your server.

From my numerous searches, there is no server like this on RMS or anywhere, but feel free to prove me wrong.

fisharefriends

I'm sorry, but neither have the kind of rates I'm looking for.  And besides, there are a ton of 150/150/50 servers out there, so wouldn't I have chosen one of them if I was looking for those kind of rates?  Both posts are what I'd consider max-out-in-a-day rates and I'm looking for a server that's going to be playable for longer than a day.  Reason being that although my boyfriend PvPs and doesn't care about experience much, I don't PvP and do play the game for other things.  If I were to max out in a day, I wouldn't want to log in anymore.

I don't have much to say about the first reply since it clearly deviates from my requirements.

I don't want to play RO the high-rate way: buy NPC equipment, max out, THEN farm for equips (and even then, it's only for PvP).  I want to play RO the low-rate way: Hunt for gear while leveling up, level up in tougher areas as I get stronger equipment, and finally max out after months of playing.  PvP would just be another aspect of the game rather than the only thing to do.

Lysander

Good luck in your search. However, with the specifications you've provided, I think you might find it a bit difficult to find a server unless you're willing to sacrifice something. You're describing more of a mixed rate than anything, as an item drop rate of 50x does not correlate to an exp rate of ~50. Using the RMS search, I found only three servers matching the criteria you've provided, though I'm sure there are probably more that aren't listed. Not to mention a server without some sort of donation/voting equips is rather rare, given the cost of running a server.

I hope you didn't take this post the wrong way or anything - I'm just giving my thoughts on the matter. You're more than welcome to try out zephyRO once staff-only beta is done (it has low exp rates with moderate drop rates, as you desire), though it does have renewal mechanics and third jobs, which I know you're not fond of. Regardless of what you decide, good luck on your search for a new server!

JermZ

Infinity Ragnarok Online
www.infinity-ro.net
50/50/35
No third jobs
99/70
Custom Quests
Tons of headgear quests
MvP and WoE Competitive!

Well, whatever you mentioned, we do have, however we do not have @load but you can @go to mostly any mobs, we're having a poll to add @load though.

www.infinity-ro.net[Dead]

fisharefriends

Donations/vote for points was mentioned because I've played on too many servers where it made all the difference in how well you play to have donation/vote items.  If a server can have a donation or voting system that doesn't impact gameplay so extremely, then I won't count it against them.  Basically, if the donators are the people who have full sets of +10 gear and mid-headgears with +dex or slots, then I would consider that too extreme.

I would play on a server with lower drop rates if the drop rates are still higher than the experience rates.  Like 10/10/25 or something.  But I figure most of the replies I get will be for mid- to high-rate servers, so I'm going off of that.

JermZ

Whatever that is in our vote shop you can vote and get them.

There are many other optional headgears that you can acquire in-game through quest too, so I'm guessing it's pretty fair.

Our donors do not have +10 gears, the fail rate is exactly the same as a normal player, and a normal player can attain whatever a donor has by voting daily, that's all.

If you can find any headgear that doesn't belong to the pre-existing KRO database, that means customs, then I'll rest my case, else, I still think you should give us a shot cause we're crazily friendly xD!.

Good luck in your search though.

Neo

Check us out

www.ifeelro.net

50/50/25 - 99/70 Midrate Server
No 3rd Jobs
Normal Card 1% MVP Card 0.01%
With Mob Race of the Day Feature [ x2 on race of the day ]
With Support Priest System
Balance and Stable Server
No Godlike Items
Kawaii Hats Collections
MvP , PVP , WOE Server
80 Average Players

See you soon..

Kyroki

Hi Fisharefriends, I'd really recommend trying Lumina Ro!

Our experience rates are 50/50/30, and our drops rates for items are - Normal items 25X, MvP items 10X and though our normal card drop rate is 0.25% and MvP cards being 0.1%, the chance can be increased with bubble gum. We only go up to Trans and are not considering thirds unless they become completely bug free and stable, and we do not have any custom classes. Our max stats are 99, and how the dex works has not been tampered with!

We have our own @aloot which can autoloot up to 20 individual items as well as the % drop! We also have @noks and @die. We do not have @warp, @go, @heal, or @storage. Lumina has many custom quests including our own unique mining system which allows you to create a variety of lower head gears that helps create a unique character. There are some wings that can be created, but they are very small and compact, and do not obscure the character in any way.

We also have various custom head gear quests in our custom main town called Gaia, and our own unique story line called Escape of a titan which includes an additional quest to follow and a new battle ground mode to play.
Lumina also has a compounder npc that allows you to fuse cool looking head gears with functional ones, so you can have a stats of a feather beret with the looks of a dropping succubus!

Lumina also prides itself on having very low-tier donations, they barely give any advantage over a non-donor!

I hope to see you in-game, here is our links if your interested!
Our Feature page
Our Home page: http://www.cp.lumina-ro.com/

JermZ