Looking for "Revo-Classic" private server

Started by stme1, Aug 12, 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stme1

I'm looking for a "Revo-Classic" server, the same game settings with RO:RESTART or ROPH or Thailand RO.
Preferably with the following features:
• Classic Respawns but some monster spawn tweaks like Anubis in Sphinx 4.
• a "PROGRESSIVE SERVER". A server that will progress through ragnarok episodes ultimately going into 3rd Jobs but I'm pretty sure a
Transcend Jobs will be fine
• rates are x20 experience or so and above. Basically, a low to mid rate server. No SUPER low rates please! I'd rather go to the official servers if I wanted x1 rates.
• x3 and above item drop rates
• atleast 0.1% CARD drop rate
• International Server or English speaking server.
• with the following @commands:
     -@whereis - this is pretty important because with Classic Spawn Rates + tweaked monster spawns, it's gonna be hard to find a
     database for the monsters
     -@whodrops - same importance with @whereis
     -@whobuy
     -@whosell
     -@autoloot OR better yet, a greed clip or adventurer's backpack!
• Monsters with pre-renewal skills (NOT classic! Classic monsters are weaker compared to Pre-renewal or Renewal monsters. I'm looking for a challenging PVM)
• EDEN QUEST BOARD! So leveling up will not be so boring

In official servers mentioned above, 2-2 job classes are part of the "progression". They will add new 2-2 classes every 2 months or so.
Whether the server starts with 2-1 & 2-2 job classes, it doesn't matter for me. But if you're not gonna start with 2-2 job classes and only add or "progress" it after a week or 1 month or in a short period of time, you might as well start with all of 2-2 classes.

UPDATED AS OF 8/26/2017 12:33 AM GMT+8

Damn187

Hello stme1,

check this out- http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/for-classic-lovers-only-(2-22-1)/
almost 3 months old in classic (correct 6.0 episode) and eventually progress to later episodes (depends on the community)
p.s- so far no autoloot command

yours,
Damn

stme1

@Damn187

Sorry, but I'm looking for a "Revo-classic" setting

Thanks anyway  /no1

yC

stme1

Some people look for private servers because of higher rates. That's why I said "No SUPER low rates please! I'd rather go to the official servers if I wanted x1 rates."

Orange

Quote from: stme1 on Aug 25, 2017, 08:13 PM
Some people look for private servers because of higher rates. That's why I said "No SUPER low rates please! I'd rather go to the official servers if I wanted x1 rates."

Give that thread a read and keep in mind that there will be very few revo classic private servers, even less will be high rate.

The only server that fits your wants is Angel RO. Not really sure what their go is with progression but they already have trans, again you are not going to find a highrate revo classic progression server since people are ganna max out in 12 hours then not wait around a month or 2 for a minor update.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=19615&itv=6&url_sname=Angel%20RO
:3

ROCLASSIC GUIDE

+1 To This  /ok, I am the owner of roclassic-guide.com and I am very interested to support a private server with revo-classic settings. I can help give data and adjust the settings and of course invite people to play. At least 100 people are interested to join on the first day. I have 3k people visiting my website and around 7k views a day, with 2k fans on the fanpage. Therefore, I could just invite them to play the game to test builds.

RistrettoJoe

Probable reasons why a Revo Classic Private Server is feasible:

• ROPH and ThaiRO are under the same game publisher - Electronics Extreme or "EXE"
- Both servers are pretty much PAY TO WIN. Your equipments & weapons can break from +0 to +1, you might say that it's normal for a Free to Play server but iRO Ragnarok RE:START doesn't have the same refinement system.
• iRO RAGNAROK RE:START is FILLED WITH BOTS! I would know because I play there. The Admins or GMs was able to put up an Anti-Bot system. Did u know what happened? From 8k population in the login server, it went down to 2k! That means active players are only about 2k population and that includes vendors & dual clients. That also means that there are 6k+ BOTS! Try to play iRO RESTART and you'll see how bot-filled the maps are! Now, when you login, you'll see that the population has gone back to 8.6k+ because the botters were able to bypass the Anti-Bot system WITHIN LESS THAN A WEEK!
• With Gepard Shield, you can prevent bots in your server down to maybe 1% because its a strong shield and the "most popular botting program" isn't able to bypass it YET. However, "OFFICIAL" servers don't use it because of GRAVITY. IDK really why they don't use it
• Official servers are over rated. It takes too long for them to implement changes because they have to talk with GRAVITY if certain changes are allowed, BLA BLA BLA.
• No end game content for the three official servers, MVP cards are disabled! ROPH & ThaiRO disabled MVP cards and iRO RE:START followed them.
• Some players already have their game preferences - some would like a mid rate server, or maybe a high rate server. Official Revo Classic servers are only x1 rates. So if players want a faster rate, they can look for private servers
• Official servers doesn't have simple commands that is convenient for the player AND would not implement those commands because they are "OFFICIAL". Like @autotrade, it is debated that @autotrade is pretty convenient for players because they would not need to power-on their computer overnight JUST TO VEND #SaveElectricity

RistrettoJoe

I'm not looking for a high rate Revo-classic Server.

I'm looking for a "higher rate" than a "super low rate (x1 x1 x1)" server.

I've already read the thread, and I've also actually played in AngelRO that's why my server preferences are pretty specific.

I am aware that the only Revo-classic private server in RMS is Angel RO.

I made this post to seek for other Revo-classic server AND to also give an idea on good game settings/features - if someone would actually try to make a Revo-classic private server

/no1

honoredsagemode

How about the RMS Test server, there isn't much information that says it's a Pre-Renewal/Renewal/Revo-Classic (Only the Job level was labeled for Pre-Renewal)

Can someone here confirm if the Test server is a Revo-Classic? Or is it also possible to download an RO Offline Client to make a Revo-Classic setting?

yC

Quote from: honoredsagemode on Sep 14, 2017, 08:33 AM
How about the RMS Test server, there isn't much information that says it's a Pre-Renewal/Renewal/Revo-Classic (Only the Job level was labeled for Pre-Renewal)

Can someone here confirm if the Test server is a Revo-Classic? Or is it also possible to download an RO Offline Client to make a Revo-Classic setting?

The test servers are either pre-re or renewal.  Revo-Classic takes some work in customizing the emulator files so we wouldn't be serving that.  More importantly, the test servers are for testing only it's not for your day to day playing like a regular server.

Parachute

@stme1
I played both Restart and PHRO - Specifically PHRO. After experiencing trash customer support that doesn't even know what "AHK" means, blamed the international players for the lag, 5+ hours downtime for server maintenance to only have 2 lines in changelog that only indicates new headgear update in cash shop, I had enough of it.

So, I myself originally planned to create a "revo-classic" private server soon (or at least 80-90% duplicate) to compete against these big servers. But as I go deeper with my revo-classic study, just like @yC mentioned, I came to a conclusion that revoclassic server is best run by official servers. For one, their system is imbalanced. Second, they focus on features for profit gain rather than to improve overall gameplay, server stability or competition. Third, I found out that they have hidden script changes and make particular classes OP (some nerved). For instance, they made Knights more OP as if they promote solo gameplay and that new players will be "forced" to create a swordy/knight end-game while nerfing dps/matk for wiz. I couldn't think of anything else other than the fact that knight classes uses more hp/sp potions than the DPS wizards. Then it boils down to the usage of "ESB" (back then was still available in their CASH SHOP) for knights. The more knights who will keep on using ESB's, the more purchases in their cash shop. What's more shocking is that they removed ESB in thailandRO due to the bad economic impact of ESB's and yet they still released it in PHRO anyway.

In reality, most features of revo-classic revolves to business and marketing. They are too focused to make money and that profit matters than anything else. After all, they have to pay that Gravity License right?

Some Admin out there might be able to give revoclassic a try, but nobody can really 100% duplicate a revo-classic for now. It's just not gonna happen as there are higher ups in the management that will force specific features for financial gain. Unlike the old official RO servers, we had an awesome timeline of every Episode Update. PHRO, iRO's Re:Start and thailandRO pretty much removed that awesome feature. They decided that "We will update any sht whatever we want whenever we want." ie. The supposedly 6-month release of 2-2 Classes in PHRO, will apparently be released 3months early due to population drop. Meaning, they dont have a proper timeline of updates.

As a private server who wanna re-create a "revoclassic" setting, How would you know which "official server" to follow? PHRO, ThailandRO and Re:Start are all "revoclassic" but each server is different on its own. Everything revolves to business and profit gain. Every update will depend on the current situation of the server.

T.TL;DR
With that being said, I halted my plans to duplicate a pserver with revo-classic settings. Instead, I will be launching a "Hybrid" Pserver Setting soon. I will be implementing the best features of official "revoclassic" servers while sticking to the solid features of Pre-Renewal server. Most of the things you mentioned will be catered on my server (ie. Progressive Server). If you want to give my server a try, then you can follow my project. Here's my server forum link: https://forum.cgamershub.com/

If you still prefer a Revo Classic server, you can ignore my post. Wish you all the best! I hope you find one soon. :D