Lookin' for LR Server that is not led by jerks

Started by sheena, Mar 04, 2013, 06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheena

To all server hosters,

What where the reasons that led you to make the server despite the fact that there are hundreds of competitors out there? I know customization and management issues come to mind but what drives you in and out of the circle?
The image in the avatar is from RivalRO and I am open to server(s) that meets my needs without any stupid player package

Intricate

Hello there Sheena, let me first highlight you requirements and match them to our server's specifications.

Quote from: sheena on Mar 04, 2013, 06:39 AM
Any rate as long as its low rate but not below 7x for base and job level max is 99/70 20/20/15 && 99/70
Pre-Renewal or Renewal but no 3rd jobs Pre-Renewal and No Third Jobs.
Plus factor: (tell me the exact date your server opened) 23/10/2012
Increase drop rate above 5 because we hate taking hours of grinding to get that item We have x15 drop rate
Population of at least 15+ people I know its prospective We have 150-300 online
No corrupt or rude GMs I know your job is voluntary but keep it professional We have paid and professional staff, you can check out our reviews.
Stable connection (if a server from GE to US is fast then yours should be too) We are using a very dedicated host but a few countries have bad routing and we have a proxy system for that. We have 99% satisfied plaers with their latency.
Warper for Towns/Dungeons except those that require quest We have all of the warps but you can't select levels.
Must have bot/hack protection We are protected by R-Network's security and Harmony.
Does not have a carebear policy we trashtalk from time to time You can flame all you want but make sure you keep it clean in main as it's public and make sure you don't cross the line to racism. This is a matured server.
No OP donations EVER! Give them OPB not Helm of Abyss! Our full donation list can be viewed here
Vote Points should be useful to all You can view our Vote for Karma system here. This is to prevent people from generating multiple accounts and abusing the vote system.
We have dual client enabled.
We do not have New Player Package yet.
But we do have Guild Package available you can view it here.

Astraeos

Quote from: sheena on Mar 07, 2013, 01:09 AM
@Astraeos
is that pre-renewal or renewal?
Its pre-RE. Sorry if I didn't state that in my post.

Quote from: sheena on Mar 07, 2013, 07:42 AM
To all server hosters,

What where the reasons that led you to make the server despite the fact that there are hundreds of competitors out there? I know customization and management issues come to mind but what drives you in and out of the circle?
Originally the server was for friends but open-ended to allow more players to come and have fun. We had no idea it would take off like it did and since then we've done a lot to keep it up and to keep our population. Personally, I enjoy building a community in which I can compete actively with and against for the sake of fun. At the same time, responsibilities need to be met to make sure the server is fair for everyone. Basically, it's no fun to try and win when you always deal yourself a Royal Flush.

Playtester

QuoteTo all server hosters,

Hello sheena, since I'm not the admin of PureRO, I'll quote him from his own forums instead:
Quote4) Assuming this question is aimed at me alone... I am personally interested in creating a private server because for a long time, the RO community has been deprived of a close to official server with a competent staff. Being fully capable and having the personal qualities that I do, I am able to create a server that meets my own high expectations and creates an environment that the RO community has not seen for a very long time. What do I get out of it though? As cliche as it may sound, I do enjoy making others happy. It's very enjoyable to create a home for all of those players who enjoy playing RO in it's entirety and as the great game that it is.

sheena

Quote from: Intricate on Mar 08, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hello there Sheena, let me first highlight you requirements and match them to our server's specifications.
Wow, your giving out Razer! Do you ship that if ever the winner is not in your country?

Its nice to know that there are server that caters to the player's need be it WoE, Economy, Friend and more. For now, I may pass on year-old server(s) because its hard for me to compete with Alchemist, BS, Taekwon Ranks (except some servers) but I will look it up when I have more time. I prefer fresh servers because the one I got before was a total screw up. I want to be part of the server's early days and hopefully see how it went after I leave. I got my fingers crossed that it can stand up to 2yrs+

The main problem was the bills to pay but some servers just offer way to OP exclusive donor items. I just want something fair in terms of customer-to-company relations. Most LR server these days are ran by professional (those with real jobs) and a group of players banding together to make the best server for all. I'm just saddened how other servers die.
The image in the avatar is from RivalRO and I am open to server(s) that meets my needs without any stupid player package