LF> Soon to be opened/Newly opened server with lower rates

Started by Kristea, Nov 09, 2012, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristea

I probably won't have any answers to this, but I'll keep bumping once in a while to see if there's any news. Here it goes...

I'm searching for a server for my guild to play in (pvm/mvp/social guild until we're good enough to woe), but we have some requirements...

• Soon to be opened/Newly opened server. We would like to have some influence in the economy instead of just going along with the established economy
  • We prefer low rates (prefered: up to 10x base/job exp rate and 5x drop rate, including cards and equip), but we can play in a higher rated server if the drop is x5 (as long as it's not much higher. No high rates/super high rates/mid-rates close to high rate)
  • Pre-renewal only! Not interested in renewal!
  • 99/70, please
  • Trans classes, please. No 3rd jobs or pre-trans servers
  • We don't have defined preference for the episode, but keep it reasonable (episode 13.3, for example, or close to it) (We don't want truly old school servers)
  • Multi-level enabled, as well as a warper npc (at least, town warper!) (we have lives and not enough time to grind this much in game)
  • Donation equips that give a considerable edge (obtainable by non-donation means), but nothing over the top. Balanced donations!
  • Not unpopulated servers. Active population only (regular parties and active battlegrounds are good examples)
  • Very level-headed GMs (that know what they are doing)
  • Something that isn't going to die on us (specially without a good reason)
  • And list the custom features you might have...
I don't remember anything else we're picky about.
And yeah, we tried pretty much every server out there, so we're looking for something we don't know of yet.
Thank you!

Klassione

Hi Kristea,

We'd be more than delighted to welcome you over at AeternusRO. We recently opened on the 23rd September 2012. Since then we've been pushing out fixes, and working on behind the scene projects which you'd be just in time to experience, along with your guild. WoE also was only recently opened, and already it's pretty much heading in the right direction. It's intense, and enjoyable. I'm sure you'd no doubt enjoy that.

We built AeternusRO to focus on a lot of the core features, but we haven't waived from implementing our own. We won't disregard balance, nor the community. We respect each opinion, and comment that's posted. We indicate this by always being aware of what's going on in our community. We have a variety of players at the moment, and we are continuing to gain more as time goes on. We don't display a lackadaisical approach to enhancing the experience. We built this, and we can assure you, it will be around for a long time.

In regards to the following:

Quote from: Kristea on Nov 09, 2012, 11:32 AM
    I probably won't have any answers to this, but I'll keep bumping once in a while to see if there's any news. Here it goes...

I'm searching for a server for my guild to play in (pvm/mvp/social guild until we're good enough to woe), but we have some requirements...

• Soon to be opened/Newly opened server. We would like to have some influence in the economy
    - We opened on the 23rd September 2012. Economy is growing, but you'll have time to make an impact.
    • We prefer low rates (10x max, with 5x drop rate max), but we can play in a higher rated server (as long as it's not much higher. No high rates/super high rates/mid-rates close to high rate). Maybe up to 50x exp/job rate and 20x'ish drop rate?
    - 30x/30x/15x/5x. Yes, we believe thats the perfect mixture. It allows us to display our features in a good manner too!
    • Pre-renewal only!
    - Correct! Pre - Renewal is what we are.
    • Trans server, please. No 3rd jobs or pre-trans servers
    - Yep, we qualify there.
    • Donation equips that give a considerable edge (obtainable by non-donation means), but nothing over the top. Balanced donations!
    - Donations are worthwhile, and can be obtained via other methods. It's balanced, and ensures no money rampant ideals.
    • Not unpopulated servers. Active population only (regular parties and active battlegrounds are good examples)
    - Parties are always running. BG is active as ever. Population is 100-220, minus vends. A lot more every now and then.
    - We all have done this for years, and have a wealth of experience. We display that on a regular basis. That we can assure you.
    - We wont abandon the community, that's one thing we can promise. We will be around for a long time.
    - We'll be implementing quite a few: Territory Wars, Rampage Dungeon, Dungeon Wars, Valhalla Reckoning, Battle Mansion, A bunch of custom automated events, new sprites, maps, systems. It's going to be great, and you'll be in time for it all.
    [/list]
    And yeah, we tried pretty much every server out there, so we're looking for something we don't know of yet.
    Thank you!

We'll be announcing in a lot more detail what is coming over the next few weeks. So we do hope you'll give us a try, and make us your last stop. We'll stick with our approach, and we'll continue to better the server in the right way, and in a timely manner. Our content regime won't allow us to not build an experience for all. This is it for you.

Forums: http://aeternusro.com/board/

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you there. If you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a PM.

Kind Regards,

Kross Letroye

Intricate

Hello there Kristea, I'm lntricate from Resurgence Ragnarok Online.

First and foremost let me answer all the request you've pinned up.

• Soon to be opened/Newly opened server. We would like to have some influence in the economy 14 days old.
    • We prefer low rates (10x max, with 5x drop rate max). 20/20/15
      • Pre-renewal only!
      =) You bet.
      You bet!
      View here, you can also gain donation stuff by voting! View here
      We have 150+ players and 200 peak.
      You can check out our staff feedback section on our forums and reviews for our server=D
      Of course!
      Unique BG, Unique BG Rewards (To compensate for players that do not have time), Unique automated events, kick donkey community!

I hope our server satisfies your requirements, to show you how our server may fit you and your friends even more, here's a few things to pay particular attention to.

First WoE on the server
    MvP parties

If anything, I'm extremely proud of my community, they love participating in the server's growth and have been compiling their own videos to share with the other players that has yet to found our server.

Hopefully we'll see you soon, you can forward any questions to me on RMS or on our forums. We do have guild package available if you're searching for a server with a guild that has more than 8 players.

I present to you:

Kristea

Bump! (I hope there's no problem with bumping, since it's been a while and nothing has changed. My requisites are still the same)

Mira

Hello! I would like to invite you to join LeviathanRO!

We are a low-rate server with 15x Base & Job, 10x Common, 15x Equipment and 20x Card drop rates. We are a pre-renewal server and will never become a renewal server.

Our donations are balanced. We will have some, if not most of our donations quest-able. For example, Robo Eye is questable and also available in the donation shop.

LeviathanRO is a new server, so our population may change. We do expect good BG and parties as we have quests that require materials from enemies that are generally not solo-able and we have an [xWoE] system for new players who wish to get in to WoE/BG right away. Of course, the [xWoE] characters are not overpowered in any way, and are definitely weaker than normal characters in terms of gear.

The admin knows what he's doing and I would say GMs are quite friendly and helpful. They are also very active. Being a GM myself, it may seem biased, but I assure you that it's not. We do not have any custom features aside from [xWoE].

I hope you take LeviathanRO into consideration!
    ~Mira

lilsword

• Soon to be opened/Newly opened server. We would like to have some influence in the economy
    • We prefer low rates (10x max, with 5x drop rate max), but we can play in a higher rated server (as long as it's not much higher. No high rates/super high rates/mid-rates close to high rate). Maybe up to 50x exp/job rate and 20x'ish drop rate?
    • Pre-renewal only!
    Thank you!

Join us on AsobiRO, the server is opening on the first week of January 2013, our rates are 60x/60x/customized, Pre-Renewal mechanics, almost same as the official server of Ragnarok, most of the best items are acquired from quests, and all of the best headgears are on quest too. The server is protected by Harmony together with the client, and the host has DDOS protection, so everything is safe.  We have the official battlegrounds and customized party vs party battle. see'ya. btw, the links are on my signature.  /no1

Kristea

- AeternusRO died while I was trying it. Too bad, it looked like a good shot for my guild (if it wasn't for the already established economy, even if it was just how I like it).
    - My guild didn't enjoy ResurgenceRO back then when I showed them (the opening rates were kinda high and they say it felt like a mid-rate). They can change their minds now, though. The established economy is kinda like a setback. But I'm playing in there whenever I have time.
    - I tried LeviathanRO. There was something I didn't enjoy in the server, but I can't remember quite well, so I may try it again since I still have the server here. The card drop rate is kinda high, though.
    - AsobiRO has rates that are too high for us. We're looking for a low rate, preferably.

Thank you for your suggestions!

If there's anything new coming up within our preferences, please suggest. I'll keep coming here.

Astraeos

Hi Kristea, sorry I wasn't around before hand to try and persuade you to trying DivinityRO.

While some things may sound unappealing, our server might be what you're looking for. We are a 100x/100x/25x server with pre-RE mechanics and 99/70 transcendent max levels. Our donation shop is very balanced, and obtainable in game without having to donate through a few methods. As for our population we typically stay at a pretty constant 200~250, keeping our Battlegrounds pretty packed at times, especially during Happy Hour. As well as we've been poking past our Peak members bit by bit quite frequently. Our GMs are very well mannered and we actively make sure there's no problems between management and the community. We are constantly taking in community input to make our server better. We don't plan on going anywhere, we only plan to become a better server and we'd like you and your guild to give us a try.

As for our server specifications and custom features you can check them out here: DivRO Server Specs
    And our main site to register at is: www.divinityro.com

Hope to see you there.
    Astraeos, DivRO Lead Community Manager

Kristea

Thank you for the suggestion, but DivinityRO has been around for a while and we prefer to play in new servers.

If there's anything new coming up within our preferences, please suggest. We appreciate your help!

Astraeos

Megumi

Hello Kristea,

Maybe you can join us on our Grand Launching !

Liberation Ragnarok Online "Set your Spirit Free" .
    A Private Ragnarok Server that matches your quality RO experience.
    The main language of the server is English, but we welcome players of all nationalities.

Project Opening Target Date is January 19,2012.

Server Rates :

100x Base Experience
        100x Job Experience
        30x Normal Item Drops
        0.5% Normal Card
        0.01% MVP Card
        NO 3rd Jobs

Site : www.liberationro.com
    Forum : www.liberationro.com/forum

Take Care !!!

Kristea

The rates are way too high for us. We are looking for a low rate server. Thank you for your suggestion, though.

If there's anything new coming up within our preferences, please suggest. I'll keep coming here. I appreciate every suggestion!

ragnazorg

Hi Kristea,

we haven't opened our server yet and is currently under closed beta, but you might wanna give us a try. IntenseRO is opening its low rate server soon.

7x/7x/7x Trans 99/70.

http://boards.intense-ro.com - forums
    http://lr.intense-ro.com

Kristea

And a new bump! Just wondering if there's something new coming up~

cauyao615

note

A project under development, soon to be launched. Perhaps this is what you could possibly be looking for.

Forum: http://forum.evolvero.net/ | Website: Cooming Soon!
    « eRO began with a simple premise, the ideal that our players deserve the best, the best community, the best quality and the best support possible.
    With exclusive features found nowhere else, we are committed to bringing you the finest gaming experience a RO server has to offer, plus unmatched development, experienced concepts and a new found transparency, we invite you to be part of a solid journey, perhaps your last stop, don't waste your precious time anymore and enter. »
    « eRO has a few customizations, our goal is to not diminish the original game content.
    Therefore we respect it, and will only make modifications that keep the actual game integrity intact.  »

Azul

http://yumi-ro.com

*New Server Feb 18th!, But we have a new style of economy!
    *Our Rates are 10x/10x/5x, and we are going to have a card trader :]
    *99/70
    *Trans Server
    *Balanced Donations
    *We are fairly New But we have our regulars!
    *Very level-headed GMs (that know what they are doing).
    *Something that isn't going to die on us (specially without a good reason)
    *Race System
    *Open World PK, that has a white flag feature (I dont want to pk let me quest/farm!)
    *Custom Maps, Towns (Added accordingly not just through @go or warp, but you can actually walk there!)
    *Custom Quests
    *Custom Hairstlyes, Palettes!!
    *eAmod
    *Harmony Protected
    *Rathena Emulator
    .. List goes on and on, you should check us out! :D

yumi-ro.com ~ Accepting GM Applications

Playtester

PureRO is a low rate pre-renewal trans server that tries to stay as close to official as possible. For further information just check the RMS thread: http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/purero-(885)-coming-soon!/

jef0807

Royale-RO is a low rate pre renewal server

it is not totally open yet, since we are on open beta, our rates 7x/7x/3x and max level of 99/50 because we are classic server and we want to make players experience the history of ragnarok.

our website http://www.royale-ro.net
    pro Website /1xKbW]www.ragnarok.ph

My Paid Services RMS Paid Services

Kristea

Quote from: note on Feb 22, 2013, 07:38 PM
    A project under development, soon to be launched. Perhaps this is what you could possibly be looking for.

Forum: http://forum.evolvero.net/ | Website: Cooming Soon!
    « eRO began with a simple premise, the ideal that our players deserve the best, the best community, the best quality and the best support possible.
    With exclusive features found nowhere else, we are committed to bringing you the finest gaming experience a RO server has to offer, plus unmatched development, experienced concepts and a new found transparency, we invite you to be part of a solid journey, perhaps your last stop, don't waste your precious time anymore and enter. »
    « eRO has a few customizations, our goal is to not diminish the original game content.
    Therefore we respect it, and will only make modifications that keep the actual game integrity intact.  »
    The drop rate is too high for our tastes. I might be able to try it once, but I'm pretty sure my guild won't be interested. Thank you!
    Quote from: Azul on Feb 23, 2013, 07:57 PM
    http://yumi-ro.com

*New Server Feb 18th!, But we have a new style of economy!
    *Our Rates are 10x/10x/5x, and we are going to have a card trader :]
    *99/70
    *Trans Server
    *Balanced Donations
    *We are fairly New But we have our regulars!
    *Very level-headed GMs (that know what they are doing).
    *Something that isn't going to die on us (specially without a good reason)
    *Race System
    *Open World PK, that has a white flag feature (I dont want to pk let me quest/farm!)
    *Custom Maps, Towns (Added accordingly not just through @go or warp, but you can actually walk there!)
    *Custom Quests
    *Custom Hairstlyes, Palettes!!
    *eAmod
    *Harmony Protected
    *Rathena Emulator
    .. List goes on and on, you should check us out! :D
    All the customs are enjoyable and it's like fresh air for those who play Ragnarok for years. I just find it weird joining trans classes with renewal system, since it wasn't made for them... Thank you!
    Quote from: Playtester on Feb 24, 2013, 06:26 AM
    PureRO is a low rate pre-renewal trans server that tries to stay as close to official as possible. For further information just check the RMS thread: http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/purero-(885)-coming-soon!/
    I've been keeping an eye on that server. I like most of the ideas (most... Some ideas are just stupid, since they are trying to harden everything and I'm predicting it may not last long with such ideas. People don't have as much time as a few years ago. But that's my opinion). It will probably be my guild's choice (at least, until they screw up the server), even though I can't really agree 100% on it, since it's a "I've seen it before"-server. Thank you!
    Quote from: jef0807 on Mar 04, 2013, 12:26 AM
    Royale-RO is a low rate pre renewal server

it is not totally open yet, since we are on open beta, our rates 7x/7x/3x and max level of 99/50 because we are classic server and we want to make players experience the history of ragnarok.

our website http://www.royale-ro.net
    I appreciate your sugestion, but the episode is kinda old for us. It's an old school server, only with higher rates than usual. Also, one of our requirements is a warper. Thank you!

If you know something that's going to open up soon, please, post it here. My guild appreciates it!

Playtester

QuoteI've been keeping an eye on that server. I like most of the ideas (most... Some ideas are just stupid, since they are trying to harden everything and I'm predicting it may not last long with such ideas. People don't have as much time as a few years ago. But that's my opinion). It will probably be my guild's choice (at least, until they screw up the server), even though I can't really agree 100% on it, since it's a "I've seen it before"-server. Thank you!
    What do you mean with "harden"? What in particular bugs you? You mean stuff like no dungeon warper? Well yeah that's the philosophy of that server. Restoring the original pre-renewal P2P RO feeling.

As the server will add all upcoming episodes, I hope it will be more than just a "I've seen it before" server, though. ^^

Plus the staff seems good enough to actually make it longer lasting than most other servers that try it (main reason I chose this one over similar others for me).

Kristea

Quote from: Playtester on Mar 07, 2013, 04:03 AM
    What do you mean with "harden"? What in particular bugs you? You mean stuff like no dungeon warper? Well yeah that's the philosophy of that server. Restoring the original pre-renewal P2P RO feeling.

As the server will add all upcoming episodes, I hope it will be more than just a "I've seen it before" server, though. ^^

Plus the staff seems good enough to actually make it longer lasting than most other servers that try it (main reason I chose this one over similar others for me).
    Oh, no, I don't mind not having dungeon warpers (as long as there are town warpers). I still enjoy most of the classic feeling. The donations are just bad, in my opinion, for example. Account-bound is stupid (what if I want to share a headgear with another char of mine?), I'm pretty sure it won't be just for style and I really wonder if they will be able to keep the server up with that. I don't know who would donate for something that won't be of any use (well... If they have a lot of money to spare...). And what if I want to have one of the donation headgears (even just for the looks)? I hope the donation tokens are tradeable... And I think that nowadays' RO needs some custom stuff to keep people interested (nothing too much. But something new to do, you know? Instead of the same old stuff. Maybe some kind of party dungeon, factions, custom quests... Whatever your imagination may think of and that doesn't take away the feeling of playing a low rate RO. If there isn't something new, it is a "I've seen it before" server, since it would be a copy of the official server, just with increased rates, and that's something that has been done several times before) and some ways to make it easier, since most of the people who still play are now adults. If I can play for an hour every two days, that's a win for me.

Playtester

Donation items / tokens won't be tradable simply because that makes the whole donation shop P2W because you can basically buy zeny for real money. I'd personally never play on a server where you can trade donation items. If you make all your characters on the same account, you can trade the donation items with your other characters. Otherwise you always have the option to buy another one.

And well, PureRO's philosophy is to stay as close to official as possible, so if you are really looking for custom dungeons and quests, then there are probably be better alternatives. I personally like servers the closer they are to official server (I'd play on the official servers if I didn't dislike renewal so much and they had a main channel and wouldn't consist to 90% of bots).

For me, preventing that the server doesn't offer anything new should be solved by simply implementing official new regions and maybe even several of the official events. There are plenty things available on kRO that no private server player has seen yet, so there's the potential.

Kristea

I can't donate (I'm just a student and I'm in a really poor situation), so I would never be able to access the donation items. What if I want that specific headgear (even just for the looks)? And if I want to reset and I want a reset stone (yeah, I've been seeing what's going on) to keep it cheaper? It's stupid to separate voting from donating. Voting is basically donating my time, so yeah. Why not? Everyone (regardless of their economic situation) should have the same conditions to access, at least, most of the stuff. Otherwise, there's a member division that goes against the philosophy of the server: the VIP accounts or memberships. They claim to be against it, but they are doing the same thing (just not calling it by its proper name).
    And I agree with your idea of adding stuff from the official servers. I just want something new. I don't care if it's custom, official or not, as long as it's balanced for a low rate server. It's so boring to start in a new server because they keep dying, doing the same things over and over again. You already know what the server has to offer if there aren't new things. You know the events, you know the right monsters to level up according to your level, you know everything. Spicing things up isn't that bad. Actually, it's quite the opposite.

Playtester

Well, donation headgears are exclusive. This makes them more worthwhile donators because they can have unique looks. There will be plenty of headgears available without donations too.

V4P is separated because it can be easily abused and makes donations less exclusive because then everyone can get donation items eventually.

You really won't need any of the donation items to be able to compete in PVP, though. So I don't understand why it matters when you can't get them? Saving 1M for the reset is a nice bonus, but you can just grind 30 minutes and get that amount of money. There will never be overpowered equips or cards sold for donations, just weak headgears, costumes and convenience/fun items. If that's not balanced then I don't know.

Edit: You might be lucky, I think the staff seems to re-consider making them strictly untradable.

Kristea

Even though the donations are balanced (I have nothing against them), the way to obtain them isn't. I know the donations aren't that overpowered, it's just for style (and probably the reset stone) and all that, what if someone wants that specific headgear because it's cute/it's somewhat equivalent to another available headgear (only the looks are different)? With a server that follows a philosophy of not having memberships/VIP and all that, it's basically the same thing, just not calling it by that name. That's what bugs me :P

Playtester

For me VIP/Premium means you pay monthly and then get more exp, drops and more @commands.
    Looking cuter than others is simply normal F2P model with costumes in the item shop.

But anyway, as I said the staff is currently discussing it so it might change.

Edit: There is a poll now, you might want to vote too: http://www.pure-ro.net/forums/index.php?/topic/115-should-donations-be-tradeable/