LF> Low-rate renewal

Started by Yozakura, Mar 29, 2016, 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yozakura

After a few months of boredom, I finally decide to retire from my last server (NovaRO), or even the game itself perhaps, since the server I'm looking for probably doesn't exist, but I guess leaving this here wouldn't hurt.

I'm looking for a low-rate renewal server, preferably new or soon to open.

Here's what I'd like to see.

» True low rates, the lower the better. Preferably 1~5x exp rates, but I could perhaps go up to 10x. I like the difficulty of lower rates, where the leveling phase is actually a part of the game, so don't bother showing me 15~25++x servers where you can max in just a day or two. Drop rates preferably equal or very close to exp rates, I don't want to see 10/10/5 (or worse) nonsense.

» Renewal, max level 175/60 for third classes, with Kagerou, Oboro and Rebel at either their official 160/50, or expanded at 175/60. I don't mind if your server isn't the most up-to-date one out there either, as long as it works and it has at least 14.2 + OGH content, and you intend to add the newer ones eventually.

» It would be awesome to see equipment like iRO's class-specific headgear set (Black Ribbon, Oni Horns, Harvester's Hat, etc.) implemented in a non-p2w method. The same goes for Silvervine Fruits, Shadow Gear, HBPs, maybe even FAWs, etc.

» Minimal, or simply aesthetic cash/vote shop.

» jRO's alternate third class sprites with their official dyes.

» An active and committed admin/dev team that knows what they're doing, with the dedication to run the server and not just kill it at a whim when they don't hit top 5 in RMS after 2 months, and isn't afraid to pull off tweaks for balance purposes, for both PVP and PVE.

» If drop rate is 3x or lower, preferably no autoloot.

» Either no warper, or one with fees, or one that must be unlocked to access maps. Preferably requires entrance quests for applicable dungeons/instances, instead of just bypassing it completely (in this case, unlocking the Rachel Sanctuary donations would be nice).

» No buffer. Healer is fine, though the lack of it would be even better. I'm not a fan of instant job changers or platinum skill NPCs either, but if they're around, I don't particularly mind.

» Anywhere from small to decent, growing population I guess.

» I'm biased towards EU hosts, but not really a requirement.

Well, I guess that's about it.

» Bonus: servers that don't fit the above requirements, like 255/120+ SHRs, or 400-year old pre-renewal relic servers who make my requirements irrelevant because they have 25 million players, or that certain privateserverguy1000x who never reads the opening post and just replies anyway, etc., so I can laugh at you. I could use some humor, too.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Terpsichore

It seems you're looking right up my valley, although I recall seeing you around a long time ago.

But yeah, we don't have iRO's TI, summoning rooms and other such nonsense so leveling takes some time even if you min-max it. There's also a fair amount of party-oriented content.

I also noticed that you have a thing for 2H RKs and it just happens so I improved them not long ago to be quite competitive. There's quite a lot of balance tweaks and improvements to underdog builds since I quite abhor the "sticking to officials" mindset to avoid dealing with issues.

Yozakura

Yeah, I checked out your server for a bit some time ago. I'll be honest, it left quite a bad taste to me personally. As much as I like the whole re-renewal thing, since Gravity doesn't even bother to try anymore, LeikaRO felt like... no more than pre-renewal with third classes. All the way to the you have to party at high levels or you'll be like pre-renewal biolabs all over again. I'm not a very social player, and I'd much rather solo content that's soloable than drag a party around. Instances are another thing, though, groups are appreciated for that kind of stuff. I just found it kind of laughable that the idea was to make the leveling phase more hardcore-ish, with 15x exp rates (lol).

I wasn't fond of the community either, I remember for asking of a list of changes just so I know what to expect, and what I got was "stick around long enough and you'll see." I do like your effort in trying to balance things out, but back when I tried it (and that was quite a while ago), it just didn't feel right.

Regarding the 2H RK thing, yep, I do like it, but I really, really dislike the 2H = ASPD stereotype, if you get what I mean. Have there been any significant changes lately? Or perhaps mechanics I have missed from the start? I think it's fair to give LeikaRO another try, but from my previous experience with it, I'm not quite convinced.

EDIT: Looking at your forum, I like what I'm seeing so far.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Terpsichore

The main difference from your average renewal server is that you can't just solo everything, including all MvPs and instances. You can still hit 175/60 alone albeit at a slower pace, which is expected, but there are absolutely no EXP cockblocks, it's actually the opposite.

As for the rest, I don't know what to say since you've only been around for a few days. Any questions you have, just drop by IRC/Discord or get me in-game.

Yozakura

Alright, hopefully it satisfies my low-rate grind cravings. I'll be sure to check it out.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Yozakura

Jumped aboard LeikaRO, here's what I like so far:
» The skill balance and QOL changes.
» Status icons for everything!
» Apparently the rates are effectively 7.5x, due to the difference between kRO's exp tables and the emulators.

And here's what I'm not too fond of:
» The healer/buffer NPC.
» Party play is heavily emphasized, and I'm schizoid as hell. :< Can't be helped.
» The lack of gutterlines for Bowling Bash

These lists will be updated as I progress.

Keep the suggestions coming, even the joke servers, I need a good laugh.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Playtester

You actually like the gutter lines?

Yozakura

Absolutely. It takes a while to master, and extremely difficult to pull off regardless, but you can actually use them to make your Bowling Bash bigger (and slightly stronger).

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Playtester

Quote from: Yozakura on Mar 31, 2016, 05:21 AMAbsolutely. It takes a while to master, and extremely difficult to pull off regardless, but you can actually use them to make your Bowling Bash bigger (and slightly stronger).
Well I'm not sure about that, the only thing the gutter line bug does is prevent collision detection, which effectively halves the damage, breaks the chaining and increases the knockback.

Maybe you're just talking about the official BB implementation where it chains rather than the old eA implementation where it simply did 3x3 splash damage around target.

Yozakura

Of course I'm speaking of the official implementation.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Terpsichore

Gutter lines are disabled and the possible maximum chain area is adjusted to match what you can get officially. The potential is more or less the same, just more consistent and pleasant to use.

As for the the basic agi+bless from the healer, it stops once you reach level 100.

Yozakura

Quote from: Terpsichore on Mar 31, 2016, 11:38 AM
Gutter lines are disabled and the possible maximum chain area is adjusted to match what you can get officially. The potential is more or less the same, just more consistent and pleasant to use.

As for the the basic agi+bless from the healer, it stops once you reach level 100.

Well, it benefits other players so I guess I'm fine with that. Thanks for the information.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Playtester

I'm actually interested in the "re-renewal" mentioned here but I couldn't find any info that it's a mix of pre-renewal and renewal on the website, any link?

Yozakura

Quote from: Playtester on Apr 01, 2016, 04:35 AM
I'm actually interested in the "re-renewal" mentioned here but I couldn't find any info that it's a mix of pre-renewal and renewal on the website, any link?

Technically, it isn't. That's just what I call renewal servers with custom balancing. My apologies for the confusion.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Terpsichore

It is renewal with certain mechanics adjusted, like status resistances, refine bonuses, many skills, gear bonuses, mob stats and skills, loot tables, no exp/drop penalties, etc.