LF> High Populated Low Rate

Started by Akasuna, Aug 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akasuna

Hiya, I'm searching for a high populated low rate server, again. Preferably 500+ since it seem like low rates with a population of 1,000+ no longer exist. I'm not looking for anything special in particular that most low rates don't already include. But, high population is a must have. If you know of any low rates that have a 500+ population please feel free to post a reply.

- Population: 500+
- Main language: English or International
- MvP Card Drop Rate: Normal (Meaning equal to the rates of the server. No custom features to obtain them and such.)
- Rates: 3/3/3 - 20/20/15
- Custom Features: Reset stats and skills is one of my favorite custom features, so I'd prefer something that has them.

Usagimimi

After vendors, the "biggest" LRs have around 200-300 players. EternityRO had a massive amount of players but it shut down for the third time recently.

AtlantisRO has around 1,600 on average, but it's a Spanish server.

Talon and heRO both have 700 and 400 respectively, but that's before vendors - they've both been online a few years, though, so you can expect that at least 1/3 of their populations are @autotrade Merchants. DeePee or heRO's admin (forgot her profile name on RMS) would be able to tell you more accurately.

If those two aren't to your fancy, you may need to reduce your population demand.

Akasuna

Yes, I've taken the vendors into consideration too. I played on EternityRO not too long ago and the population there was great. But it's just as you said the server went down unfortunately and I've been waiting for it to come back up for quite a while now and it doesn't look like it'll be back anytime soon which is the main reason why I'm searching for another server.

I've taken AtlantRO into consideration, but I don't think my Spanish is good enough to play on there tbh. I'm interested in playing on TalonRO which also seems to have a great population, but some of their customs bug me a bit. I'll look into HeRO too. Does HeRO have as many vendors as TalonRO?

Usagimimi

I think heRO's older than Talon, so I would guess so.

If you go on their website and look at the Merchant classes, there's...

253 Merchants / 370 online.

So that leaves ~120 "players" - but there could be Whitesmiths / Creators vending, too, possibly deducting further from the actual players online.

Talon, I don't know, since I wouldn't play there after seeing the +20stat Kaho Horns thing. There's no Who's Online on their website so you'd have to go in and see for yourself.

DeePee

TalonRO usually has 700-900 online of which 300-350 vendors. I believe our non-vendor peak was around 566 last weekend. We have a limited amount of vendors per city and every IP address can only set up a maximum of two vendors per city. So the amount of vendors will never get too high.

We do indeed have some customs that not everyone might like. However, it is fairly easy for everyone to obtain these and if you play WoE/PvP, you can choose to go for Vanilla where such items are restricted. It's quite popular (moreso than regular WoE/PvP).

But yeah, we're not your usual low rate server but it's a lot of fun! You'll see people recruiting for parties all the time and especially Prontera is quite filled with active people.

Akasuna

Quote from: Yusifer on Aug 19, 2011, 02:09 AM
I think heRO's older than Talon, so I would guess so.

If you go on their website and look at the Merchant classes, there's...

253 Merchants / 370 online.

So that leaves ~120 "players" - but there could be Whitesmiths / Creators vending, too, possibly deducting further from the actual players online.

Talon, I don't know, since I wouldn't play there after seeing the +20stat Kaho Horns thing. There's no Who's Online on their website so you'd have to go in and see for yourself.

Oh, I see. The +20 stat Kaho Horns is part of those "customs" that I mentioned that bug me as well as their easy to gain MvP cards. But TalonRO seems to be pretty good server otherwise. Been around for quite a while and it seems stable enough. At least more than many others. Also, I can't complain about their amount of players.

Quote from: DeePee on Aug 19, 2011, 03:02 AM
TalonRO usually has 700-900 online of which 300-350 vendors. I believe our non-vendor peak was around 566 last weekend. We have a limited amount of vendors per city and every IP address can only set up a maximum of two vendors per city. So the amount of vendors will never get too high.

We do indeed have some customs that not everyone might like. However, it is fairly easy for everyone to obtain these and if you play WoE/PvP, you can choose to go for Vanilla where such items are restricted. It's quite popular (moreso than regular WoE/PvP).

But yeah, we're not your usual low rate server but it's a lot of fun! You'll see people recruiting for parties all the time and especially Prontera is quite filled with active people.

Wow, really? I didn't know they actually set something up like that for vendors.

That's good to know. I was a bit curious on the difficulty of obtaining those custom items because it seems extremely easy if you have tons of money to spare for donates. I've checked the server out myself and the Vanilla PvP always seems dead compared to the unrestricted. I can't really say much for WoE though because I don't have a high enough or geared character to enter WoE on there yet.

I noticed that. I've seen people looking for parties using the @main command and in Prontera as well. I mean aside from the customs the server's great.

Gnottino90

Just to ask..they only speak spanish on AtlantisRO?Or there's also a lot of english speaking people?:)

Usagimimi

@hijack,

Spanish only. You won't find anyone that speaks English.

Phalpha

Me and a friend are currently making an english guild there.
Personally, we found a small group of players that can speak english too you, but it's not always 100% understandable.
It would be a lot better to see a lot of other english players there making their own guilds.
It isn't really that hard to get by, especially if you know most of the NPCs.
If you are joining you can PM me Bearebe, or my friend Overplayed.
My friend can communicate semi-decently since he took 5 years of spanish.
It's a great server, other than the majority being in spanish.

Akasuna

Okay, wait. How many people that actually speak english that play on AtlantisRO? Also, does AtlantisRO have resets? Because I'm currently trying out TalonRO, but I'm not too fond of the customs tbh.

Usagimimi

Pretty sure AtlantisRO doesn't have resets :x or any custom NPCs for that matter

Ret-ro

I'm sorry to say that I also believe that there is no English server with 500+ online, especially one without customs.

However, I can vouch for the vitality of Atlantis. The playercount has been very high for as long as I've been watching, and it's probably the best WoE server in its class. Notably, the population seems to have fallen off somewhat, but you should always see 500+ for WoE.

Akasuna

Quote from: Yusifer on Sep 22, 2011, 08:18 PM
Pretty sure AtlantisRO doesn't have resets :x or any custom NPCs for that matter

Blah, yeah. That's what I understood, but I read something on their forums about donates for reset or something?

Quote from: Ret-ro on Sep 23, 2011, 04:39 AM
I'm sorry to say that I also believe that there is no English server with 500+ online, especially one without customs.

However, I can vouch for the vitality of Atlantis. The playercount has been very high for as long as I've been watching, and it's probably the best WoE server in its class. Notably, the population seems to have fallen off somewhat, but you should always see 500+ for WoE.

Yep, looks like it unfortunately. Wasn't like this a few years ago. I wonder what happened.

Really? I thought for WoE they would have a lot more since it looks like they normally have about 1.5k players online. How many people there actually speak english though?

Usagimimi

My play experience there, no one spoke English - no one answered in town when I asked questions in English (or even, in basic Spanish), and when I made some buddies, they only spoke Spanish.

And maybe you can reset for that Neuralizer thing, but it only does Skills. I don't recall any type of reset available even at that, though :x

Akasuna

Blah, that's kinda bad. The server seems great overall. It's been around for quite a while and all. My spanish is pretty fluent, but even so I don't want to speak spanish all day. xD Kinda wish servers like heRO and BlazeRO got more people though. DestinaRO as well.

Ah, what I read was on the forums. I think it was a donation option? Donate for resets. I didn't really read too much into it though.