LF > English/Mid or High/Tight Tight Knit/More Inside

Started by IvoryMouse, Nov 01, 2018, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvoryMouse

Hey there, long time player of RO. Looking for an English based server. (No tagalog please.) I'm looking for a small server between 50-80 players consistently. (No AFK Vendors.) I used to come from a small server named iHeartRO. The community was very tight knit and the people there were fantastic. If you're an old player from that server, let me know.

What I'm specifically looking for.

Pre-Renewal
Custom Hats
Custom Hair
Cosmetic Items (3rd Job Skins)
PvP-Heavy (PvP Room actively used.)
WoE
255/120
Quick Leveling
No Pay To Win/Donation Heavy Servers

Been looking for a decent server for a few years now. Still looking. Feel free to reply here or if you have Discord.
Looking for: English/NA RO Server. 255/50 Pre-Renewal (Non-Kiel Based) Server OR Highly Custom 2nd Job Renewal Server. No Pay To Win.

Zonra

Hi there!
It's not quite within the guidelines you are looking for, but I'd still like to recommend AnomalyRO. It's a little bit bigger, at between 90 - 120 people, but the vendor section is set well out of the way so it isn't a distraction in the main town (can be reached with the command @go vend), and while it does have a donation system, it's almost entirely for aesthetic purposes because all of the custom headgears on this server have the same stats. And let me tell you, there are HUNDREDS of custom headgear options, including some re-colors of classic iRO headgears as well as headgears that are unique to this server alone.

The people are also wonderful; everyone is very friendly, and fun to be around. Sometimes, it's fun to just sit in town and see what kind of shenanigans everyone is up to. GMs make frequent appearances and hold fun mini-game events, such as Run For Your Life (basically hide and seek), Marco Polo, Trivia games, and my personal favorite, Portals. There are also some automatic mini-games such as the Dice, Poring Catcher, Disguise, and Word Scramble. English is the main language, although I have witnessed the occasional brazilian/portuguese conversations in main chat when hanging around town. xD (Server actually has rules about speaking English in Main and Market chat, so you'll mostly see English anyways.)

AnomalyRO also has a unique automatic queuing system for battlegrounds, and a gold room. There are also dead branch rooms, and seasonal headgear events.

ALSO, although there aren't really any custom hairstyles, this server has the unique option to change the color of the hair accessory, such as hairties or headbands that are designed into the hairstyle.

I don't PvP so I can't really say how active the PvP scene is, but I know that there is a weekly, and a monthly PvP ranking that is usually updated on the website daily; and there is a WoE schedule, although I haven't been online during it to know how it goes yet.

Leveling is pretty quick, there is a custom map for the final leveling stretch as well as a useful leveling guide on the forums, and there's a custom pet system where some MvPs have a small chance to drop a pet egg of themselves.

I hopped around servers for a few months myself before finally settling into AnomalyRO, and I can honestly say that I'm genuinely having fun here. I hope you decide to give us a chance, even if we aren't quite what you're looking for. :)
I am GM Kirari @ Come and see us!

IvoryMouse

Would appreciate it if mods didn't delete post. I know what I typed. Let's not censor people here. Shall we. If you got a problem with how I say things, tell me instead of flat out deleting my replies. Especially in my own thread.
Looking for: English/NA RO Server. 255/50 Pre-Renewal (Non-Kiel Based) Server OR Highly Custom 2nd Job Renewal Server. No Pay To Win.

yC

I don't have a problem with your topic, as long as all groups are being respected.  Language that are too harsh to some people will need to be removed for obvious reasons.  So far it is fine, I don't remember deleting any posts in here.

kyldrnflrs

Hi !

There is a new RO named Volundr Server. Its their 4th day today and they need players. If you want to join kindly visit http://volundrserver.net/
Other infos can be found on the site itself. Thank you !

IvoryMouse

I got banned from the server for not "Reading the rules." I shall explain.

I was playing Monster Hunter World (Offline) and I was messing around via trainer. Since I had beat it on PS4 and bought it for PC. I was downloading AnomalyRO and ran the installer/patcher. Didn't pay it much mind. I finished downloading/installing and opened  the game. Got instantly banned without much of a warning. It was only until I tried logging in again that it said I was banned. Mind you I hadn't played Anomaly in 6-7 months. The GM or whoever can check my last account activity and post it here.

I got on the Discord and asked if it was a mistake.  At first I thought my client was bugged as it only tells you that you're disconnected instantly and I know some servers suffer from DDoS attacks.  Come to find out about my ban, I got told I was using a 3rd party tool and I am scratching my head going "What are you talking about?" Then it hit me that I still had MH World open and it's trainer. Which triggered their Anti-cheat. I was polite about the situation and simply asked if a GM could reverse it as I didn't know something like this would happen and instead they go.

"Rules are rules. You should've read them before playing. It's not our responsibility. It's yours." Now let me say this much, Not everyone is going to read the rules flat out, especially if 1. You're responding to a server recruitment ad. As seen above.  2. You'd like to get in and play ASAP. 3. You're an old player wishing to return. (I was.) If you as a GM or Administrator are willing to be so inflexible that you're not willing to investigate the cause further and wish to hide behind the rules you set in place, then I'm sorry, you have no real place running a server. 

Sure I get that rules need to be followed, if you see an account that hasn't played in roughly 6 months between their last login and then they're suddenly banned. I'm going to ask "Why." and investigate further. This is just me personally. But I feel the  team needed to make an example out of me in order to get their point across of "Rules are rules." Perry is an alright administrator over there, he's a bit hard headed, but he's nice enough to at least listen to the situation. Esper and the other GM's weren't willing to actually listen to what I had to say and thus ruined the experience I wished to have returning to Anomaly. Come to also find out their support team gave misinformation (by mistake, not maliciously) about the ban time. I was told by the admin today that I was banned for only 60 minutes. The support team told me 24 hours. That also needs to be addressed. If Perry or any of the other GMs/Mods wish to openly discuss this. I'm more than willing to make another thread for it.