LF Customized server that doesn't rely on luck, PvP, or specific builds

Started by Xinth, Apr 09, 2014, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xinth

Let's call this "Plan B," since my original search is going nowhere, though I highly doubt a server like this exists either. Anyway:

I've mentioned a bit of it on the other thread, but I'm now looking for a more normal-ish one where luck-based progress isn't a thing, and if it is, it's just minor. Most would know it, hunting for some x% item you really need 200 times and not getting it while another player got it on the first kill. I want to eliminate luck from gearing up as much as possible and actually build up my character through content. Maybe in a similar fashion to what most western MMORPGs do, or bought through a mall, or something else that doesn't involve getting lucky.

PvP must not be the only end-game content, nor have the best equipment earned through it. Not much of a PvP person, so I'll end up missing out. Plus, this kind of system often ends with one guild/clique of veteran players pretty much monopolizing it. Which sucks.

I don't want to be forced to a certain build/class. Since I haven't found a freeform server, I'm thinking I could make do with a server that does this. I don't want to be forced to use characters I don't want to just to pass through content. I mean, I get having certain builds making things easier, but running with any build should be viable, albeit more difficult, and no single build should dominate every aspect. I'm speaking from experience from a few servers, where getting through their content was only through using a specific character and build, or their custom (and much superior) items only cater to a specific build.

Rates/Caps: I'm flexible in this. As long as it isn't too grindy. And as I mentioned in the other thread, I don't want to grind for an eternity just to be "okay."

Population: A small English-speaking community would be nice, but not so small it's barren, with activity during 1800-0200 UTC+8.

Note: I've played in Mou before and it fits well to what I'm asking. It still has some randomness, but not as much as a major factor, and I was running with a not-so-orthodox build and was still viable. Though I wasn't able to reach cap, because the later levels became too grindy without a group, and it was empty anytime I logged in. Haven't been playing it since the move to RE broke a number of stuff.

Kami-no-Ragnarok

Hm i'am not sure if Kami no Ragnarok is what you searching for but
I think what you are looking for remembers me to myself
when I was looking for a good server and not yet found one.

Anyway we are not luck-based and our rates are 20x/20x/8x
You need a bit more time to farm equips but still acceptable.  /no1

But on the other hand, we are a upcoming server so we can't say that we have build a community yet.
Also I don't have a other endgame content for you yet but I can say that i'am planning something for this.

Also we don't have other common features like:
Gold Room, MVP Room or DB Arena

So if you want to try it out join us and help the community grow ;)

To the Registration
Kami no Ragnarok 20/20/8
Renewal. 3rd Classes up to Rebellion
Custom: Maps,Mobs,Quests,Items
NPCs: Warper, Job, Reset, PvP, Style, Healer...
Decent @commands like
autoloot, autotrade, load, rates, mi, ii, whodrops...

Xinth

Thanks for the offer, and it looks interesting if I'm looking for a traditional low-rate RO server. Unfortunately I'm not, but it got me interested.

You mentioned that it is not luck based, but posted rates. Do you have a reliable method for gearing up other than hoping for a drop? Other than Eden stuff, that is. If not, sorry. I'm just tired of praying to the RNG gods for something I need.

Also, the rates are just too low for my tastes right now, so there's that.

Xinth

Hm. I think I've found one, but it's yet to open.

Anyway, can someone close the thread, please?