How hard is it to find a good server?

Started by Talross, Jan 02, 2012, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talross

Hello,

My luck is apparently rather terrible. I was on Essence for a while, left for about a year and a half, and now the community isn't as enjoyable as I'd like, so to say. I got yelled out just for being on the same dungeon map as someone else. I enjoyed the whole setup of that server, though, before 3rd classes at least.

I guess I'm trying to find another server similar to it(or how it was). I've been rummaging through RMS and other server rating sites trying to find one that suits me, but I'm not having much luck. I was hoping some of you lovely people could point me to some good servers.

I'm generally looking for the following, in order general importance(most to least)...

-No 3rd classes(though, just having the sprites is nice)
-A friendly community with at least 70+ people online(More is better. I may settle for less if the community is active and friendly.)
-Mid-rate server: ~50-150x (I'd prefer a low-rate over a high-rate, if it comes to that).
-@commands: @go, @storage are both delicious
-I don't really care for wings or unbalanced items, but I LOVE hats. Also, custom vanity pets are nice.
-Language: English. I want to be social, and communication is key. I'd enjoy it if the general community was at least somewhat literate; however, I know this is the internet and that's a lot to ask sometimes.

Unexpected, but enjoyed:
-PvP MVP maps. I love it when you get your PvP in my PvE, bb.

Myteriouss

This should be in the server seeking section bud :P

While you want a server like "EssenceRO", are there any servers that are on your BlackList?

Talross

Whoops. Derp on me. Reported for a move.

But no, there aren't.

Rukina

Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your parting with a server you enjoyed; I'm not sure how Essence was like since I've yet to play there. However, I'm happy to present you DivinityRO. I've looked at your general list and made comments so you know what we're about. Here's a quick glance:

Base/Job Rates: 100.00x/100.00x~150.00x/150.00x (mid rate) floating rates
    Max Level: transcendent 99/70 • second class 99/50 • baby class 99/50
    Max Stats: 99 (i.e. str, agi, vit, int, dex, luk)
    Main Town: Prontera
    Party Share Level Range: 30
    Party Bonus EXP: +10%
    Battlegrounds: Conquest, Rush, Tierra and much more
    IRC World Channels: #main, #vending and more
    Stylist: cloth color 553 hair style 46 hair color 253
    Same-Sex Marriage: Yes
    No Renewal/Third Classes: No renewal mechanics or third classes.
    No Overpowered Donations: All donations have been voted on by the community!

Storyline & Quests
-New Player storyline and the largest array of quests suggested by the community for headgears and more.
'Tis the Season
-Every season we change the maps and shake it up a bit.
Et cetera
-Kafra, Healer, Buff Poring, De-Slot, Platinum Skills, Resetter, Identifier, Chalkboard Announcements from Staff (with notifications), Automatic Login Commands, Endless Tower, Up to date kRO
Enhanced Battlegrounds from eAMod

Conquer, Rush and much more...
-We've tweaked the official eAMod Battlegrounds. Based on the community poll, there is a lot of balance and enhancements we've put into place.
Heavily Modified War of Emperium First & Second Edition
-Competitive one castle WoE, time zone friendly and massively overhauled treasures based on our community suggestions.
-Emperium Breaking and WoE SE simulation. Test your skills and prepare for WoE!
Daily King of Emperium
-Except on WoE days... take flight and participate in our KoE competition. Small map, intense competition and rewarding treasure. Each member in the victorious guild will receive a prize. The Guild Leader will also have to obtain the treasures, too.

Quote from: Talross on Jan 02, 2012, 11:47 PM

-No 3rd classes(though, just having the sprites is nice) - Check. We don't support 3rd classes.
-A friendly community with at least 70+ people online(More is better. I may settle for less if the community is active and friendly.) - We have a stable population of 40-50s as of late, and still growing as each day passes.
-Mid-rate server: ~50-150x (I'd prefer a low-rate over a high-rate, if it comes to that). - Check. Our rates are 100x/100x with floating rates
-@commands: @go, @storage are both delicious - Check. We have both. ^^
-I don't really care for wings or unbalanced items, but I LOVE hats. Also, custom vanity pets are nice. - We do not support wings. However, we do have a selection of hats available through questing and donations. We're currently working on adding more.
-Language: English. I want to be social, and communication is key. I'd enjoy it if the general community was at least somewhat literate; however, I know this is the internet and that's a lot to ask sometimes. - Check. The majority of our population are able to speak English just fine, and we're always up for casual chats or socializing. Communication is not foreign to us. <:

We have frequent events, both automated and GM-hosted to keep you entertained, as well as several more features to offer you. What's more, is that our staff & players are one of the most friendly communities to be around. We strive to make the best of our server, and always at your service, whether it be just making you feel welcomed or helping you out. Give us a try! (:

For further information, you can refer to our website: http://www.divinityro.com/?module=pages&action=view&id=2
Or our forum: http://forums.divinityro.com/

We hope to see you around!

crysiscore3

Considering you're used to Essence, I'm thinking you want a populated server. In the mid-rate Cookie and Lumina are probably your best bets. Esuna is not as populated, but probably close to half as much at least.
Woon Reloaded is not all that populated but it's not bad for WoE considering it's size.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Talross

Thank you all. I'll give those a look-see. :)

Raziel

Thank you Crysiscore3 for suggesting our server , i <3 your 'How to make a failed RO PServer' topic  /no1

Hello Talross,

I hope you give Woon Reloaded a try as well.

We meet most of your requirements and you might find yourself at home here.

We are not very populated and the max this week was 81 online including vendors. But we have a very friendly community and we would be more than happy to welcome more to our Woon family.

We got No 3rd job classes, no custom items and no special or overpowered donate items (everything in donate is also in--game)

Mid-rate with rates 150x 150x 50x and 1x boss cards

Player Commands: @go, @storage, @ii,@mi, @showmonster, @autoloot, @alootid, @dlootid, @main, @duel, and a lot more...

Hats are the only non-dropped items we sell in our Gold coin shop and there are monthly headgear quests and events. You will find a pet shop in main town that sells most of the pet foods and accessories to encourage pets ><

We are an English server and as you know not everyone prefers to speak in English, one of the server rules is to speak in English in main town and main chat (so you can be sure not to find ppl speaking random languages in main town).

And lastly that pvp/mvp thingy sounds like an event i do quite often. Basically invasion events with pvp enabled, so ppl who don't want the mobs just come for the pvp :P

Come give us a try and have a look for yourself, you might find me available in-game most of the time so feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Our forums : http://www.ro.woongaming.com/

See what players had to say about us: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=13456&itv=6&url_sname=Woon%20Reloaded&page_num=1
10x - 10x - 5x  Pre-Renewal server with no overpowered donation or custom items.
Visit us @ Website l Forums l Wiki

Strudel

Hey thar, the last line sounds like a PK server but not to sure..

LimitRO Metro I believe fits your description.

Rates: 75x/75x/25x (Card Drop 0.5%, MVP Card Drop 0.05%)
Population: +125 Easily during woe, else +90
Community: Friendly
Language: English, but also Tagalog, German, Italian, Spanish
Commands: @go yes, @storage no, and others
Wings: We got 6 or 7 tiny wings as donations.
Donations: Highly balanced.
System: Pre-Renewal, No 3rd Jobs, Trans & Expanded Class.
Others: Headgear quests, Episode Brasilis, Endless Tower, Nidhoggr's Nest, Active Battleground

I hope I've awakened your interest, hope to see you soon :)

Forum: http://board.limit-ro.net

Versus

SevenRO (located in europe also has many us players with good ping)

rates: 7 x 7 x 7
renewal client
own  @commands such as @bgjoin which will directly redirect you into a started bg game and stuff.
100% unique bg
own character custimization
own mission boards
own currencys (daily coins, medal of honor, gold coins)
donation items can be aquired as well without spending money
and many other things :)

server is open since 3 days and also got over 100+ players :)