Extensive 99/70 (pre-RE) or 160/50 (RE) Server search

Started by Regret, Jul 06, 2013, 06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Hello, RMS community!

I have become bored of all the generic, cheapskate and recycled server concepts that are appearing every 2 weeks and are trying to gather players.
After experiencing that TalonRO is far more laggy than any player can take ("Lag-free", really? I've had a more pleasant experience on iRO with Lowerping! Being cheap on server software is really a no-go for me) and getting tired of seeing "promising" servers die in a few months or week (Admin staff that keeps trying after a period of lower population than usual), I'm looking for a specific kind of server.

Basic server set-up
What the server should offer in general apart from specific in-game features.
Red = preferred; orange = can live with; green - doesn't matter.

+ Pre- or Renewal server: doesn't matter!
+ Rates: doesn't matter.
+ Max Level: 99/70 (pre-RE); 160/50 (Renewal - that was the latest base level increase, anyways, right?)
+ ASPD & Instant Cast: 190-192 ASPD; 150 Dex Instant Cast
+ Server Focus: WoE and PvM a-like; preferably PK to add to the flavour.
+ Server Host: Preferably in Europe and DDoS-protected; but if it has proxies to ensure fair latency all over the world - even better!
+ Main Language: English

+ Administration team: They should be active on forums and in-game alike; no @item commands for anyone except the Administrator himself as we all know how this can end; they should be open-minded to new ideas and not f*** with their own community like some other server's staff usually do. -cough- EvolveRO -cough-

+ Anti-cheat software: Someone forbid people to use Harmony. It's one of the my main reasons (additionally to all the chitero 3rd programs) that can cause massive lag in an environment where there are more than 2 guilds on the battlefield. I also want to see that people won't be able to use RCX since that enables people to use other 3rd party software; sad truth. If you manage to make changes to Harmony / server-side delays that will ensure a lag-free WoE experience, feel free to post.

Donations & Vote For Points: There should be nothing generally overpowered. (Yes, RWCs are overpowered!) And there should not be a difference between donations & V4P as it mustn't create a rift between players who choose to donate and those who don't.

Server features
What I expect and prefer a server to have in terms of features. I don't care if the server has a job changer or warper but the resetter should be affordable.

Battlegrounds: 2.0 - with queue system, BG WoE consumables available. Kafra Points system for extra rewards would be a plus!
Extensive server customization: Yes, please. Be it instances, factions, refreshing WoE changes, storyline content or anything that makes your server different from any other. Surprise me!
Automated Events with Event Reward Shop: Automated events like Disguise are a must in my book. The reward should be a currency that can be exchanged for items in a Reward Shop. Again, nothing over the top but enough to keep people motivated to participated in events. Event GMs are wished for as well, but just no MvP spawn events.
Headgear & EXP quests: Anything that breaks the ol' grind and opens up new opportunies of acquiring EXP or headgears. I can't be the only one who hates that anything but the official headgear quests is only available via Donation/V4P on most servers.

Do not recommened:
TalonRO, AnesisRO, heRO, EvolveRO, PureRO, ResurgenceRO & TietraRO.
Servers with MvP, Gold rooms or any form of big wings.

That's all for now, I will edit the requirements as I see fit.
I'm looking forward to your server recommendations!

- Regret

Peanut

Quote from: Regret on Jul 06, 2013, 06:38 AM
Hello, RMS community!

I have become bored of all the generic, cheapskate and recycled server concepts that are appearing every 2 weeks and are trying to gather players.
After experiencing that TalonRO is far more laggy than any player can take ("Lag-free", really? I've had a more pleasant experience on iRO with Lowerping! Being cheap on server software is really a no-go for me) and getting tired of seeing "promising" servers die in a few months or week (Admin staff that keeps trying after a period of lower population than usual), I'm looking for a specific kind of server.

Basic server set-up
What the server should offer in general apart from specific in-game features.
Red = preferred; orange = can live with; green - doesn't matter.

+ Pre- or Renewal server: doesn't matter!
+ Rates: doesn't matter.
+ Max Level: 99/70 (pre-RE); 160/50 (Renewal - that was the latest base level increase, anyways, right?)
+ ASPD & Instant Cast: 190-192 ASPD; 150 Dex Instant Cast
+ Server Focus: WoE and PvM a-like; preferably PK to add to the flavour.
+ Server Host: Preferably in Europe and DDoS-protected; but if it has proxies to ensure fair latency all over the world - even better!
+ Main Language: English

+ Administration team: They should be active on forums and in-game alike; no @item commands for anyone except the Administrator himself as we all know how this can end; they should be open-minded to new ideas and not f*** with their own community like some other server's staff usually do. -cough- EvolveRO -cough-

+ Anti-cheat software: Someone forbid people to use Harmony. It's one of the my main reasons (additionally to all the chitero 3rd programs) that can cause massive lag in an environment where there are more than 2 guilds on the battlefield. I also want to see that people won't be able to use RCX since that enables people to use other 3rd party software; sad truth. If you manage to make changes to Harmony / server-side delays that will ensure a lag-free WoE experience, feel free to post.

Donations & Vote For Points: There should be nothing generally overpowered. (Yes, RWCs are overpowered!) And there should not be a difference between donations & V4P as it mustn't create a rift between players who choose to donate and those who don't.

Server features
What I expect and prefer a server to have in terms of features. I don't care if the server has a job changer or warper but the resetter should be affordable.

Battlegrounds: 2.0 - with queue system, BG WoE consumables available. Kafra Points system for extra rewards would be a plus!
Extensive server customization: Yes, please. Be it instances, factions, refreshing WoE changes, storyline content or anything that makes your server different from any other. Surprise me!
Automated Events with Event Reward Shop: Automated events like Disguise are a must in my book. The reward should be a currency that can be exchanged for items in a Reward Shop. Again, nothing over the top but enough to keep people motivated to participated in events. Event GMs are wished for as well, but just no MvP spawn events.
Headgear & EXP quests: Anything that breaks the ol' grind and opens up new opportunies of acquiring EXP or headgears. I can't be the only one who hates that anything but the official headgear quests is only available via Donation/V4P on most servers.

Do not recommened:
TalonRO, AnesisRO, heRO, EvolveRO, PureRO, ResurgenceRO & TietraRO.
Servers with MvP, Gold rooms or any form of big wings.

That's all for now, I will edit the requirements as I see fit.
I'm looking forward to your server recommendations!

- Regret

Hello maybe you'll start GlaukosRO we will going online on the 19th August 2013.
It will be a 99/70 pre-Renewal Server with 40x40x25x Rates
Harmony Protected
For more Informations
http://forum.glaukosro.com/index.php?board=19.0
Homepage: not done yet
Forum: http://forum.glaukosro.com/ <-(Still under Construction)

Neimi

Hello Regret!

After reading your post, I can't help but think that CasualRO may be what you're looking for.

+We are a fully functioning Renewal Server.
+Our rates are 125x / 125x / 125x (125x Quest/Homunculus Experience)
+Max level is 99/70 for Trans classes and 150/50 for 3rd jobs.
+Max ASPD is 193. Since we are fully Renewal, there is no longer Instant Cast, but the right combination of cards and items can get you close!
+We have Woe, Baby Woe, and Trans Woe weekly. We also have an easily-accessed PVP room and password protected DB rooms.
+Our server is hosted in the United States, and our main language is English.

+Our staff is a select group of seasoned players that know how to both enforce the rules and have fun. We take every suggestion to heart, and encourage players to make them. You'll see evidence of this in the links below. We do not accept -any- form of bribery, nor will we ever give out items unless they are 1) event rewards 2) reimbursement for a bug or faulty occurrence. A player can always seek out assistance through either our in-game support channel, our forums, or our ticket system, all of which are checked frequently.

+We recently upgraded to Harmony v3.4

+We only have a single donation-only item: The purely cosmetic Shadow Job Voucher, which allows every character on that account to change their character's sprite to another class. This effect does not work in Woe. This item is donation-only as the proceeds go to charity. Every other item in the Cash Shop can be received through in-game efforts through our three rewards systems: Faith, received upon login once every 24 hours; Reward Point Tokens, received from the daily automated or GM hosted events; and Cash Points, also received from events or donation credits. There is no single game-breakingly powerful game that non-voters/donators. cannot receive. There are no insane +5000 stats wings for $75. Everything is accessible to every player whether they donate or not.
+We have fully functioning Battlegrounds.

+We have a variety of custom daily automated events, from the "Avoid getting blown up!" Dodgeball to the PVP-based Ides of Izlude. Although we do have Event GMs, every GM is capable and allowed to host events. These events can be anything from Hide and Seek to our custom GM-activated Hunger Games event. If a MVP spawning event occurs (and it is -very- rare for us to host one) the staff will provide warps to private locations to keep from disrupting those that do not wish to participate. We will never spawn Beelzebub in the middle of Prontera :)

+Our server has a slew of custom maps, including an intricate storyline about the cursed race of Muspelheim, custom holiday dungeons, and a hellish Halloween maze that feels oh-so-satisfying to complete.

+We have over 1,200 headgears currently, and are working on more. Many of these are customs and available in costume form, so your character can look fabulous while hiding their potentially ugly yet powerful gear. Most of these are easily purchased, but we do have quests for the player that likes to put some effort into it.

I hope I've peaked your interest in CasualRO! If you'd like to know more, you can find out more about us at:

casualro.com
casualro.info
facebook.com/CasualRO