Looking for a good Server.

Started by Bazenine, Jun 24, 2015, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazenine

I'm looking for a server. As the title says. There are between 2 and 8 of us that are considering joining, depending on the things listed below.

Now, to start, We PREFER Renewal servers, but are open to pRE servers as well. [good luck if you're a pRE server.] so i'll break this into three categories.

Renewal:
MUST HAVE
-rates between 1-20x [lower is better, perfect for us is around 5-7]
-Rebellion and all things that came with that update, or any after it
-Be less than 3 months old
-Friendly, active GMs

[If you meet all of the "must have" and "bonus points" requirements, and you don't have anything on the "must not have" list, then you can suggest a server with any rates you like.]

Bonus points if you have:
Job changer [up to trans second jobs is is deal, but included 3rd jobs is fine as well]
Stylist [hair and cloth dyes.
Costume NPC [this is a massive bonus. we all love this guy.]
Resetter [can be as expensive or cheap as you please, expensive is better.

MUST NOT HAVE:
-tons of custom items [custom maps and such are acceptable, as long as the original content isn't skewed and broken.]
-Imbalanced cash/donation shop. [preferably just quality of life stuff like reigns of mount and infinite fly wings, but as long as it's fair and such, that's a-ok.]
-Wings and other god-ugly screen raping customs.

Don't bother suggesting:
NovaRO.

As for a pRE server, basically the same as above, but up to the last pRE update.
If you're suggesting a pRE server

Must not have:
Third jobs
custom items
Imbalanced donation items.

Apologies for a massive disorganized post. I'm a little spaced out right now.
Look forward to your suggestions. I'll be checking out any of the servers that are posted here that meet my requirements.

Terpsichore

We meet all of your needs except being less than 3 months old, there aren't such renewal servers around right now though.
We've got the most functional Rebel as well as a ton of new (relevant) content, jRO exclusive stuff, certain old mechanics brought back, balance and quality of life changes galore. Underdog builds are also made more viable.

Be warned though, we're rather short on spoonfeeding, MvPs and endgame PvM are challenging and rewarding, not your average Arrow Storm fodder.
Our focus is to shape a solid core game and fix as many things as possible instead of distracting players with pointless gimmicks and handouts. No blindly copying kRO/iRO either.

If you want to experience a renewal server without the bad aspects of renewal, come explore Leika!

Blinzer

If you're interested in a server that will provide a new experience to any Ragnarok Online player, then you may want to consider trying out Revival of Ragnarok online. It's a server that's going to open in a week that has customized all exp tables, drops, mob AI, skills and items(not custom items as in items added to the game, but rather all items have been customized). I assessed renewal mechanics carefully before I made my changes, and a renewal player will thoroughly enjoy this server as it does include cooldowns the same way renewal does as opposed to delay, as well as improved status effects and the inclusion of a few third class skills integrated into second trans classes for coding simplicity. It's difficult to explain on paper, so I believe the best way is for you to see for yourself.

www.revivalofragnarok.com

Bazenine

Terp, I've looked into your server, and it looks good [if you donj't mind me calling you terp.]

Blinzer, I cannot for the life of me locate any relevant information about your rates or episode anywhere, and your website says a completely different RO name entirely. I'm willing to give it a shot, but I would like to know the rates.

Ankh

Hello, Bazenine.

Lenity Ragnarok Online is an up-coming low rate that has not opened its doors yet, featuring:

√ Main Language: English
√ Global Rates: 5x/5x/3x
√ Maximum Level: 99/70
√ Game Episode: El Dicastes 13.3
√ Jobs: Classic 2/2 & Extended Classes
√ Server Emulator: Pre-Renewal rAthena
√ War of Emperium: First/Second Editions
√ Heightened Security: Anti-Bot/Adelay System
~ More information can be conveniently found here!

For further information, kindly refer to the RMS Ad.

We hope to see you around, and good luck with the server search.  /no1

Ewol

EDIT: Nevermind. It's my mistake. They answered my suggestion, I just did not see it.

Blinzer

Quote from: Bazenine on Jun 25, 2015, 02:58 PM
Terp, I've looked into your server, and it looks good [if you donj't mind me calling you terp.]

Blinzer, I cannot for the life of me locate any relevant information about your rates or episode anywhere, and your website says a completely different RO name entirely. I'm willing to give it a shot, but I would like to know the rates.

My mistake haha, the RMS post is here: http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/revival-of-ragnarok-online-(the-evolution-of-ro-is-here)-(opens-july-1st-2015!)/) although for some reason it won't let me link you directly to the post, it's the first one in line. As for episode, it seems to be the last thing that is added is the boitata MVP.

A different name? What do you see?