[Non-Renewal] 3rd jobs in a pre-renewal setting?

Started by bubiche, Jul 04, 2014, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubiche

This is just a thought popped up in my head and I wonder whether a server like this exists but if there's such a server where 3rd jobs(capped at 150/50 or 175/60?) and pre-renewal mechanics co-exist, will it work? And would there be some 3rd jobs that are too OP in a pre-renewal setting?

Gankz

I imagine such a thing could be done, but I don't think you can go past 99 and still retain a proper pre-renewal setting. Having the third job change simply reset your job levels sounds sufficient. I too would like to know whether such a server exists.

Triper

It was done in the past a couple of times, even if those servers are now dead, and some of those servers even added their own versions of Guns/SG/SL 3rds.

gonemasta

Hello! This server might interest you! It came out two days ago (July 3rd)
It's almost exactly what you were wondering about.
It's a Third Class server with prerenewal mechanics.
Max is 150/70 (not 50) But I think you'll really like it!!
esuna-ro.net

exii

Pre-trans mechanics and 3rd skills don't really harmonize together. Some skills are op as hell with the ability to spam them with instant cast which makes it really hard to find a way to balance it.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

bubiche

Wow, the fact that those servers mentioned by Triper is dead make it sounds like a bad model for a RO server then.  /wah
Thanks gonemasta, I'll try your server out. I guess if you keep looking, you'll find any kind of RO server that you can imagine nowadays.

gonemasta

Well this is actually a reboot server of a server that used to be pretty strong.
It had about 400 players online on average?

Yeah it's not completely prerenewal though.
Third Classes can't get instant cast, and all the overpowered skills or underpowered skills were nerfed and boosted accordingly.
The server works on balancing, and if we find any problems like that they would be fixed.

I really hope you do check it out! Ask for Choi if you're in game :)

Triper

It wasn't a bad model, most of them were with 500+ players always and the skills were balanced in some cases and I'm moving this now to the server seeking section since there is at least 1 server around with this setting.

ggwp

Quote from: bubiche on Jul 04, 2014, 10:00 AM
This is just a thought popped up in my head and I wonder whether a server like this exists but if there's such a server where 3rd jobs(capped at 150/50 or 175/60?) and pre-renewal mechanics co-exist, will it work? And would there be some 3rd jobs that are too OP in a pre-renewal setting?

On that level Shura are too OP. Without Ghost+Devi you cant tank their Ashura. With MVP they got FO , TC , RB that can use Thana.  They can GT:Revit their enemies to boost the thana effect. Sadly the only counter to them is another Shura because only Spike+Ghost+Devi+Warmer can tank while killing them. It would be "whoever run out warmer lose" fight.

xiaowayne

Hi there, DreamZ RO is one of this kind 3rd job with semi renewal mechanics and we have balanced the damage of all 3rd class where if you have the proper amount of resistances in your gears with cards, there's no one hit ko sort.

Give it a try and feedback ^^

Specifications are listed >> Here <<
Main website >> Here <<
Download Link >> Here <<