RO Black Dawn FAQ

Started by lrellok, Dec 10, 2007, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrellok

OK, after posting the server ad and a couple of posts referencing ROBD, i have gotten a lot of questions.  I have played on this RO server and this server alone, so i did not realize how different it was.  I knew it was different, very different, from any other MMO I had ever played, but i did not realize the difference between this and other private servers.  So, here goes. 

There is only one Job NPC.  Let me repeat this THERE IS ONLY ONE JOB NPC, AND NO JOB QUESTS, and a warp girl goes to the job NPC.  So yeah. 

Second, the job girl allows you to take second level jobs as soon as you join.  so, no 30 levels of novice, no thieves, no swordsman, no acolyte, you go straight to assassin/knight/monk/sage/whatever, and anyone running around as a novice is presumed to have made a mistake.

Thirdly, due to things the GM did with scripts and levels and custom classes, the job increases are just a straight shot.  let me repeat myself again, YOU DON'T TRANSCEND, YOU JUST KEEP GOING PAST LEVEL 100. 

Fourthly, You can change to a new job anytime you want to.  let us say you have a base 50 job 45 assassin, and are bored with it.  You want a Knight.  You pay 200 blue gemstones to change, and now you have a base 50 job 1 Knight.  Taking into account the Gem change NPC in payon, it is not that hard to get. 

OK, before i go, i am not an admin, so don't ask me about scripts and things like that.  i can answer simple questions if i have a referance point, and some time to look, and can contact the admin at leisure ((pretty much anyone on server can)) so with a few days, i can find any answers about this server. 

OH, and Don't log on to start your char at 11 pm on Saturdays, that is when the SIN war event is.  Walking into towns full of Orc's is no fun at level 1.   
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Skotlex

This should be in the server-reviews thread :v Even though it would be a little hard to do a good review if you don't have any servers to compare to.

Quote from: lrellok on Dec 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
There is only one Job NPC.  Let me repeat this THERE IS ONLY ONE JOB NPC, AND NO JOB QUESTS, and a warp girl goes to the job NPC.  So yeah. 
Called a job-changer, many many servers have it :3

Second, the job girl allows you to take second level jobs as soon as you join.  so, no 30 levels of novice, no thieves, no swordsman, no acolyte, you go straight to assassin/knight/monk/sage/whatever, and anyone running around as a novice is presumed to have made a mistake.
That certainly saves some of the hassle. Not common as far as I know. You should probably have posted the rates to know how useful this thing will be.

Thirdly, due to things the GM did with scripts and levels and custom classes, the job increases are just a straight shot.  let me repeat myself again, YOU DON'T TRANSCEND, YOU JUST KEEP GOING PAST LEVEL 100. 
I wonder what you mean with 'custom classes', sounds like you mean advanced classes. But it is not clear here how it is done... you mean that there is no rebirthing? So no Assassin -> Assassin Cross swap? Having higher max level (base/job) beyond 100 is not too much a few feature neither, most servers that are mid/high rate have higher max levels as well.

Fourthly, You can change to a new job anytime you want to.  let us say you have a base 50 job 45 assassin, and are bored with it.  You want a Knight.  You pay 200 blue gemstones to change, and now you have a base 50 job 1 Knight.  Taking into account the Gem change NPC in payon, it is not that hard to get. 
Job swapper~ a pretty handy thing to avoid starting from scratch when you are bored. I am not sure how many servers use this kind of thing... but there must be a few that do, heck I wrote an npc to do this kind of thing :v

OH, and Don't log on to start your char at 11 pm on Saturdays, that is when the SIN war event is.  Walking into towns full of Orc's is no fun at level 1.   
Sounds like monster invasions :v You should provide some more information to see if it is special in any other way.

In summary, you probably should ask someone who knows more about other private servers to figure out just what things it has that are different from others. Even though a server does not needs to be entirely different to be enjoyable, since you like your stay there, it seems good enough. And this thread should be moved to server reviews~

(RMS reviews)