Ymir-RO

Started by lainAI, Nov 02, 2008, 03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lainAI

Ymir-RO started out as a promising server, and at first it seemed like it was going to be my new favorite server. But there were some flaws.

Play time: 1 Day
Reason for limited play time: Requested Ban

Community: The server is very small which means you pretty much are bound to have interaction with every player. And of the players I met most of them were very nice. They were helpful and kind. Some were obnoxious and spammed in other languages but you could get over it.

Economy: Basically non-existant since the average amount of players online is < 20.

The GMs: We're helpful at first but showed a lack of immaturity not acceptable in Server Admins.

The Story: This is what you've been waiting for. I was on for one day with a very good friend of mine (Doctor), he's actually the one who told me to join. And after joining I was really beginning to like the server. Till some of the players started to spam in another language. This is basically annoying because for some people it doesn't even show up as characters, just weird boxes. And we knew they both spoke above decent english so, Doctor told them to stop spamming. They continued to and started talking about him in Korean. So me and him go into an argument about it. After that was over the GM's arrived in town. Me and Doctor we're talking to them when someone spammed Doctor with guild requests. Doctor told to kindly f*** off. The admins muted him saying he was using abusive language. I told them that he should have been warned first and that using any sort of GM capabilities at this point on him was overkill especially given what was said. After Doctor was unmuted he started arguing with the Admin and I sat and watched. This is when the admin said "Are you american, you act american. Very spoiled." Now I'm fairly certain this wasn't what was exactly said but I know he called americans spoiled, and after I confronted him he said "Everyone knows americans are spoiled." Those were his exact words that time. Doctor being australian, same as the Admins said "No I'm Australian, I've said this" the admins started on some sort of childish game to prove he wasn't australian, all this after chastising him for being what they called a biggot. So I stepped in and asked how he could possibly call someone a biggot after stereotyping a whole f*** country. This entire time the other GM sat there doing nothing to stop or break up the fight, he was saying america was spoiled in comparison to Africa and places like that. After the fight was over I got into an argument with the GM since he wouldn't even acknowledge that he'd stereotyped my entire country, so I started swearing at him to invoke a response. He kept dodging it so me and Doc we're like, Fine f*** off and Ban us. And after threatening to ban us he decided that he suddenly valued every member, so we kept provoking him to respond.

Site security: The sysadmin of the site is not heavily computer competent. I can't testify to rather or not his server and your information are secure. For that matter I can't be sure that if you do something childish he won't go off and raid your s*** with the information you willingly hand him when you sign up.

If the owner of Ymir reads this I ask you exactly when we used "gook" or the like. I remember getting pissy at you for being the discriminatory one.

To all americans: I figure avoid this server since he doesn't seem to like us. Everyone else is welcome though.

Also I deleted my original comment so I could post a link to this. Heres my review and his original response.

Quote from: LainOnly got to play for a day before being perma-banned. Most of the people are alright, Syaxe, Panda, and the rest. As for the GMs, my friend got into an argument with one and I sat by until the main Admin, GM-Ymir, make a stereotypical comment about americans. And the other GM instead of sorting it out defended the other GM.

Quote from: OwnerBanned for racism and discrimination, I wouldn't take anything he said serious at all. Lain and his friend caused trouble and made many derogatory comment to races and sexual orientation. Truly an arrogant and ignorant person.

Again to the owner: Now that the whole story is out do you care to change your response. Or is that your final answer. Also for the love of god how can you advertise this server to be only Australians and claim someone else is a biggot. Seriously, you care to explain that one out? It's one thing to advertise looking for players of a certain language, but Australia is english, so I can only assume there would be a limited number of reasons to want only Australians. I really don't like you just for this. You claim we falsely reviewed your server. Do hypocritical s*** then call other people hypocrites, claim other people are immature when you do childish s*** on a server you claim to be able to manage? I would trust a 3 year old with my server before I trusted you. Doc reminds me that you aren't even sure about your own server specs. I asked you what you ran and you couldn't decide if it was quad-core or duo-core. This isn't a sign of a competent system administrator.

Loki

I'm sorry if that really happened to you but without a screenshot or some proof...you can't really prove anything at all.

And to anyone that says "This isn't an in-depth review" he only manage to play for 1 day because he was banned.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

ya screen shot or logs would be really helpful to prove your case ^^;

but ya thats gota be a bad experience >.<

lainAI

Even if I had bothered to screenshot, it would have been ridiculously large amount of screenshots since this was like over a few hours. But I figure I might as well post, and the RMS mainsite doesn't let much chance for a response. It's not like I'm promising your experience is gunna be exactly the same. ololol But this was the only way I figured I could review the Server given my lack of playtime. Sorry guise. I really hadn't anticipated it going this far.

PoisonWolf

lainAI,

That's fair enough. I'm sure for now, people can be the judge of what has been posted. But for what it's worth, I believe you. I hope you are able to find a better server elsewhere. :)

Cheers.

Watch how you act, and what you say in the shout box, flaming there can still earn you a warn.

Descent

Quote from: lainAI on Nov 02, 2008, 12:59 PM
Even if I had bothered to screenshot, it would have been ridiculously large amount of screenshots since this was like over a few hours. But I figure I might as well post, and the RMS mainsite doesn't let much chance for a response. It's not like I'm promising your experience is gunna be exactly the same. ololol But this was the only way I figured I could review the Server given my lack of playtime. Sorry guise. I really hadn't anticipated it going this far.

The events that happened there, provided they really happened, are a real shame. Some people just live in their own little worlds, I guess. The very fact that you're offended by what he said makes it pretty clear you're not "spoiled", "arrogant", "ignorant", or a "bigot".

Wouldn't mind hearing what the server owner will say in regards to this.

Myridian

Wow, that's the server that cheats on gamesites200 with their votes right? Their in third place with 25 online daily, now feelro is in 2nd with 1600 online daily? Something fishy going on here, I don't like cheaters :x

Pandora

Woah you're right they are in the 3rd spot http://www.gamesites200.com/ragnarok/ that is pretty obvious cheating, shame on them. I have 6x their population and we're on spot 121 (sucks to play fair sometimes -_-).
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Head Monocle of DOOM

They probably have links that they send to all their friends and tell them to vote even though they dont play. -shrug- oh well. Cheaters never prosper.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Taken from their forums

"Most Online Ever: 27 (April 01, 2008, 08:45:16 AM) 145 Members Total"

okay ya, that is pretty fishy....
seeing as how i usually find that 2/3 of the population manages to sign up for the forums, them only having 145 members, yet being in third does strike me as a lil odd

Odin02

Omg =O how could it be??
top 3 on gs200.com??
they use bot to get lots of votes??
kinda imposible >.<
~     • Baby Im Here To Save You. . I <3~ Imari. . •     ~

GM-Ymir

No actually, Ymir-RO runs many other servers. Which we get votes from as well. And the 25 online is a horrid underestimation of the server. As for "LainAI" he's been banned on multiple servers for a variety of reasons, specifically RebirthRO and micRO I believe. You have a choice to believe him, who was horrendously racist to all denominations other than Caucasian. In fact he suggested we ban all foreigners from playing the server, to which I disagreed with him and then long story short he ended up abusing myself and other players, and requested a ban because I would not give him items or ban foreigners. I'm a patient person, but I have limits as does every other GM. The administrators from other servers should know what it is like to be in my place at the moment, a kid started abusing players racistly, demanding items and even threatening to DDOS the server, clearly the choice was simple to ban him.

PS: One last thing, Ymir-RO security is highly competent, all passwords are encrypted and we create our own software such as our own CP so we don't need to use the constantly glitchy Ceres CP.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Myridian

It's sill not right to cheat when other servers work hard to get to the top.

xinertiax

You dont really need screen shots >.>
You can capture a chat log as well =p

Head Monocle of DOOM

The problem being that screens and Logs are easilly modified.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.