Ymir-RO

Started by lainAI, Nov 02, 2008, 03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lainAI

Quote from: Loki on Nov 06, 2008, 11:41 PM
I hope nobody mistakes me for GM Loki(loki1 in RMS) of Ymir-RO. :P
Yeah I made special notice to point out Loki1 when i was talking to Doctor. ololol. Don't want confusionra.

KariyaSaikatsu: Docs meanings of the word aren't abusive. It's like a completely different language, the words mean different s*** then whats commonly thought of them meaning. Also a few of the words you said Doc used are words I've never heard him say, e.g. s***. Doc respects people who aren't **** to him. If he didn't I wouldn't be friends with him, would I? And on a forum we used to go on he was a really well respected person. So yeah I rest my case.

Doctor

Quote from: KariyaSaikatsu on Nov 06, 2008, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Doctor on Nov 06, 2008, 10:20 PM
My whole last post explained that I dont use racist/abusive words. ANYWAY, I think this threads gonna get moved soon. ololol

Come on, cut it out... when you were in Ymir-RO--even when I was tanking you--you kept using abusive words, i.e. "f*** that connection, you always get dc," "bulls***," "f*** off..." etc.

Aren't those words abusive?
Eh, I never used those words, and for one, I NEVER, I meant NEVER use s***". Thats just the lamest insult ever. and I use "Fack", or "Fark". Those arent vulgar.

loki1

Everyone, an argument will solve nothing. Both sides have already been said, and as we can see,  Lain and Doctor are just seeking an argument. I think prospective players have seen enough to make their own decisions.

Now, Lain, the only part of your post I feel a need to reply to is your comment on security. I assume you don't read changelogs for Apache and PHP, because if you did you would know that no real security problems have been discovered in the version that Ymir-RO is currently using which could lead to an attack (In fact, if you read the output of your "security check" you would read that the "new" version of PHP is a release candidate in testing, not a stable version). Calling a GET request a security flaw is just ridiculous. If you were a hacker, you wouldn't be posting the output of a generic security checking program such as the one you appear to have used on Ymir-RO's server.

With that said, I'm not meaning to start an argument. I am just making sure that any players who read your post won't get worried about normal functionality of web servers.

@Loki: I had similar thoughts when I saw your name ^_^

Look, as far as I'm concerned NETHER side has proven anything, which makes the arguments pointless, so until someone can prove something its up to the reader to decided, and just to point this out, I find people tend to be more pessimistic with online related issues.

lainAI

I posted it so people could read the Apache version. The rest was just to make you respond with something stupid and prove how little you actually knew.

Read the log I posted. Read the Apache vulnerabilities. 2.2.6 has possible, DDoS, and multiple possible XSS. I must have been hallucinating. And I don't call get requests vulnerabilities. I call TRACE requests vulnerabilities. I never claimed to be a "hacker" I just know how this s*** works since I program in multiple platform languages and own and operate two servers, as well as an eAthena server. And I've done basic security consulting for some of my friends on their sites. And I wouldn't call Nikto a generic vulnerability scanner. Despite it's fasle positives it doesn't miss a beat when it comes to finding the real stuff. Please continue onward with your attack. I enjoy talking about this stuff, I get a kick out of wannabe badasses. For a minute there I thought you were gunna be like every other skiddy and try and prove you had some sort of 1337 hax0rz. Further more I never said your PHP version was exploitable. I said that your CODE could be exploitable. I never pointed to a spot. And I said I didn't trust your sites security. Since its obvious at this point NEITHER of you have any sort of security knowledge. As to the first part of your argument. I agree, they should. And a long conversation like this will give them plenty of time to decide.

I'm not looking to start an argument. A long drawn out debate should give the players a lot to analyze. They can decide who they believe more and make their choice from there. If you give them a good enough argument they will join your server. Even if they agree with me I suggest they still join your server and let them decide for themselves. Maybe you guys will actually learn something from your past mistakes?

loki1

JJJ, that is my point exactly. Nobody can prove anything, so we've just said our sides and that's it, saying more is pointless. Exactly right, it is up to the reader to decide.

Lain,although you are trying to insult me, I'll respond once more. DDoS is possible on any server (Not restricted to the web) that uses a network. If you use a release candidate version of PHP on your production "servers", good luck to you. Also, if you learn how the TRACE request works, you will realise that it is hardly a vulnerability. I don't like arguing, and I don't want to. Using programs to find vulnerabilities would reduce you to the level of script kiddy, so watch who you attack with those insulting words. Insulting people is rarely a good course of action. It's better to work to form an understanding.

Anyway, you aren't really trying to start a long drawn-out debate. You just want to have a thrilling argument. If that is your intention, there are many other less serious forums out there for you to stir up. Giving potential players 20 pages of arguing over nothing will solve nothing.

GM-Ymir

As I asked for earlier, could someone please lock this thread. It has already become a boxing match and the bottom line is the players 'Doctor' and 'Lain' were banned for breaking server rules, they are clearly entitled to a review after playing for less than four hours. And they have reviewed the server although most of it was a highly questionable story. Lastly on security issues, there are none. as Loki1 my co-administrator has proven. Thank you Lain for this waste of time, you will not absorb any more of our time on something that deserves no time at all.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Doctor

Ymir, Stop it with your god complex. The mods will lock it, if they want to lock it.
We werent banned for breaking server rules, We requested a ban. I played around 4 days, not hours.

Also, Loki, you obviously have no definition of a script kiddy.
A script kiddy is someone who uses the software without the knowledge of how it works, or in many cases, doesnt know what it does.
So gb2gaia.

GM-Ymir

I have the logs proving you were on for approximately four hours, however it's not even relevant. Fact is you were both banned, why continue this fiasco of lies?

Doctor

Ask any of the players. I was on more than 4 hours, I even won two events, which spanned over 4 days. So, your a fag.
If you think your cool to try and "prove" id played only 4 hours, it wont work. There are people on the server who can vouch for me.
RMS has logs too, They would see that my first review of your server, was posted days before I was banned.

lainAI

Quote from: loki1 on Nov 07, 2008, 01:18 AM
JJJ, that is my point exactly. Nobody can prove anything, so we've just said our sides and that's it, saying more is pointless. Exactly right, it is up to the reader to decide.

Lain,although you are trying to insult me, I'll respond once more. DDoS is possible on any server (Not restricted to the web) that uses a network. If you use a release candidate version of PHP on your production "servers", good luck to you. Also, if you learn how the TRACE request works, you will realise that it is hardly a vulnerability. I don't like arguing, and I don't want to. Using programs to find vulnerabilities would reduce you to the level of script kiddy, so watch who you attack with those insulting words. Insulting people is rarely a good course of action. It's better to work to form an understanding.

Anyway, you aren't really trying to start a long drawn-out debate. You just want to have a thrilling argument. If that is your intention, there are many other less serious forums out there for you to stir up. Giving potential players 20 pages of arguing over nothing will solve nothing.
I don't understand how you can be so ignorant. You didn't even know how encryption work yet you chastise me and pretend as if my knowledge is fake. Further more most of my work is almost ALWAYS done manually. But I do like to combine technologies to make sure everything is done right. I understand entirely how TRACE works, I know how to reproduce a TRACE Method. I know that TRACE isn't the only way to XSS a site. Stop trying to undermine my knowledge. Move on with it, you don't know much about security. Hire a person to take care of your server or get a managed Server. But don't have an unmanaged VPS/Dedi when you don't know about it.

I only started this because you guys commented with completely false information on my original comment. You know whats really sad? I gave you decent reviews the first time. The only thing thats made me hate you more and more is your complete lack of humility or maturity over the matter. I tried, and tried the first time. I didn't hide that I had been banned. I didn't insult any of your players. You really did start this. Your comments have done nothing but try to invoke a response, and then when we do respond you go off and say that we're trying to start an argument.

GM-ymir: Stop posting false stories of what happened. I think if I was to make up a story I would have added a little more spice to it, maybe say something like you said we were both stupid f*** or something. But no I kept this almost 95% accurate, and the only reason for that is I don't remember EXACT words. You keep saying we were banned like we didn't force you to ban us. If I had broken off requesting to be banned your arguments would be completely irrelevant. Your whole argument is based on us being banned. But if you recall I followed all the rules until AFTER I requested the ban. Remember that? I said "Fine then ban me." And you changed your story and said "No I don't want to, I value every player." I forced this ban upon myself, so stop using it as Ammo.

GM-Ymir

Quote from: Doctor on Nov 07, 2008, 01:41 AM
So, your a fag.

If you're wondering why you were banned STILL, there's the reason. Your continually poor behaviour caused it.

Head Monocle of DOOM

Can more people please be like JJJ and grow  up. This isn't the US Presedential Debates it's the RMS forums.

@Doctor: As to Ymir's godcomplex his suggestion to lock the thread is more grown up than anything you've said so far.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Doctor

This proves how you have ignored everything.
The reason I was banned, Was because I REQUEST a ban.
This god complex of yours proves it, You WANT to be the one with control over everything.
Even if its us who request a ban, you keep trying to make everyone believe it was your choice, and yours alone.
"I banned them because they were doing X".
No, You banned us because we requested a ban. We purposely tried to get banned, So what your saying makes no sense.

EDIT::
@Gumdrops
No, He just doesnt want anyone to think what he did was wrong.
So hes trying to stop people from talking. Its Lains thread, he should be the one to choose when its to be locked. Not the opposing side.
[/b]

lainAI

Quote from: GumdropsGallore on Nov 07, 2008, 01:50 AM
Can more people please be like JJJ and grow  up. This isn't the US Presedential Debates it's the RMS forums.

@Doctor: As to Ymir's godcomplex his suggestion to lock the thread is more grown up than anything you've said so far.
You don't lock an active thread thats not broken the rules. No one has directly flamed anyone, and it's so far all been about Ymir-RO. Since the argument was ontopic why the hell would it be locked? At this point in time your posts are the only reason it would be locked, off topic comments from people who weren't there and don't know what happened.