Rise of Midgard, or RoM, (https://riseofmidgard.com/
) is personally the best server I have played in, feature-wise. RoM is a "low-rate" pre-renewal server with a lot of nice features that improve quality of play.
The best thing about RoM is that even if you have limited play time (because let's face it, most of RO players have also real life things to do like work), you still feel your progress because of its features (namely the Exp options and the crafting system). For me, I averaged playing only 1 or 2 hours a day but still managed to get good progress (reaching 99/70, albeit little by little, and also managing to get all the equipment I wanted 1 piece at a time)
Some of the reasons why you should try out RoM:1. It's not really a low-rate because of the exp options available.If you don't like to grind, you can still get at least 1 level a day on Lv.90+ if you utilize all these exp options1.1 Daily Map Spotlight
- Getting tired grinding on the same monsters? In RoM, a region (Glast Heim, Rachel, Juno/Lhz/Ein, Clock Tower, etc.) is selected everyday and their maps get double exp. You can refer to the wiki link above to see exactly which maps are included per area.1.2 Devil's Square
- Every six hours, an automated event called Devil's Square (DS) happens. During the DS event, players work together to clear 8 waves of monsters. Each wave gives you a fixed 5% base and job exp if you are below lv.95, and 2% per wave when you are lv.95 and above. The fun thing with this Devil Square event is you can use free Battlegrounds supply to defeat the waves of monsters! So you can have a Creator and not worry about wasting bombs on the MVPs because you can use free bombs for this event (free BG supplies mentioned below also)1.3 Hunting Missions
- This for me is the most fun exp option in RoM. You can register for a Hunting Mission and you will be assigned 3 random monsters from an area to kill. You will be killing 10-80 of a certain monster depending on the monster's spawn rate. You also get Hunting Mission points which can be exchanged for some goodies (like gym pass, and coins used for crafting). The best thing about this is you can do it as a party!2. The Crafting System
Most of the earlier game content (like Muffler 's) get utilized in RoM's crafting system. With this, you are able to create high-end gear despite not being able to farm harder monsters. Of course, not all end-game content is available through crafting (like Diabolus items) which still make hunting high-end MVP's worthwhile.3. Renewal Content is getting ported into RoM's pre-renewal setting
If you are one of those players that want to see renewal content but want to experience it under a pre-renewal setting, then RoM is just the right place for you!
Renewal content implemented so far: Old Glast Heim, Octopus Cave, Endless Cellar, El Discastes, Scaraba Hole.
In a few weeks (or I think next week?) Jitterbug is also getting implemented.4. RoM has its delay system called Frostdelay
- Tl;dr of the article: Frostdelay allows you to spam skills at a consistent rate regardless of your ping. For classes that spam skills a lot (for example a sniper with high aspd or a wizard with high dex + bragi) this actually maximizes your DPS because you are getting off your attacks/skills as fast as possible thanks to this unique delay system.
I play with 330ms ping and have no problem spamming double strafe at all. You don't have to worry about losing out on DPS because your ping is a little high and you worry that your skills don't register as fast as it should.5. There's a test server freely accessible
- Ever wanted to try out something but can't find a calc for it? Just hop on the test server and try out stuff real time!
- If you're having a hard time grasping Frostdelay, try it out yourself and create a character in the test server and start spamming skills.6. Buff Scrolls and Endow Scrolls
- Part of maximizing your RO play usually involves creating slave priests and sages to buff and endow you. But for those who prefer playing real vanilla, RoM makes buff scrolls and endow scrolls readily available through various means. You can buy them with event tickets which are easy to get, or even get them with voting points! Endow Scrolls have also been buffed to last 20 minutes instead of just 3 minutes so they are much much more viable and useful. For someone like me who plays 1 or 2 hours a day only, I never run out of event tickets and voting points for my Buff and Endow scroll usage (and I also still have lots of spare event and voting points too!)7. Master Account and Master Storage system
- It is easy to create alternate accounts and you can easily manage your items through a shared "Master Storage" across your game accounts registered under one master account.8. Battlegrounds have free supplies
You don't have to worry about your consumables in BG because BG-only consumables are available. Of course you cannot use these consumables outside of Battlegrounds!