Twitter-RO Review

Started by mystfitz, Feb 26, 2010, 05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystfitz

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 05:27 PM

Protip. Nobody cares. Every server is like this. Find a new game.

Protip.  People actually do care and want to avoid corrupt servers.  People write reviews because they care.  If they have a great experience, they want to share it.  If they have one that is terrible and they can spare others from going through unnecessary crap, they share it. They give suggestions and bug reports to help because they want it to succeed and want to play on a stable, well managed server.  So people do actually care, otherwise there wouldn't be any fuss at all.
~Myst~

Metafalica

All I hear is Bawwwwwwwwww the same s*** happened at this server, and this server, and this server.
"Every server is like this."

The formula is as such; Popular RMS member owns it, It's good. Anyone else, don't join.
Why would someone even download a server called Twitter-RO. Running out of names much?

Sucasa1212

Quote@mystfitz...
Well well well....she is a 37 year old and still playing ragnarok and complaining for little little things ...the t-ro forum was filled with her complaint's alone...out the 50 players..she is the only one complaining for small small stuffs like"the space between the npc's of prontera should be more than 3 cells"."the obb,opb shouldn't be 100% blah blah blah blah"...Well i would not blame her infact girls r that way only.
Yes i agree that the Staff of T-ro has made couple of mistakes but why do we forget that they r also human beings.
People who are complaining for little stuffs like this should ask a question to themselves that is " AM I perfect" and if the answer is yes then go and make your own server and if answer is no then Shut the f*** up and stop fighting for silly stuffs.
Please do not forget that "To err is Human and to forgive is Divine"

First of all, what the hell does her age have anything to do with this? My 65 year old grandparents play the Nintendo Wii. So I honestly think your a moron for saying that. Oh, and btw if you were on TwitterROs forums soon enough, you would see there were actually about 5-10 people complaining about 1 thing or another. And a lot of them were just deleted.. Also, if you know anything about RO private servers at all, you know its the little things that can completely ruin a server for someone. So by saying Mystfitz was the only one complaining about small things, your not only showing your stupidity, but your also showing that your just a troll. So my advice to you is, go take your stupid replies elsewhere because we don't need them here.

And if you want proof of how many players complained about "Small Things" here you go. Check out the Trash Section in the Tro forums then tell me she is the only 1 to complain.
http://twitter-ro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?25-Trash

QuoteOK here's simple logic
" When you go to your Friend's or relative's place to spend couple of nights and you don't like the color of the house,Flooring ,ceiling ,windows etc then what do you do?"
Do you modify the entire room the way you want or do you try to adjust or do you ask your friend to change it all just because u don't like it....

My point over here is when u go to a server and u don't like certain small things then try to adjust instead of complaining all the day...Complain when its something huge.( something huge means corruption of mvp card's, equipments,cheating,bugs etc)

There are couple of people over here who wants to just defame the server and promote their own server ( i am not pointing on Mystfitz )....
@Vin diesel - I am sure that vin diesel doesn't complain for small stuffs because he sure is a mature guy.
Lol, I am not even going to waste my time on you. The comparison you just made has absolutely nothing to do with a RO Private server.

Temjin

Thread closing in 5....4...3....2...

Metafalica

mystfitz

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 05:59 PM

All I hear is Bawwwwwwwwww the same s*** happened at this server, and this server, and this server.
"Every server is like this."

The formula is as such; Popular RMS member owns it, It's good. Anyone else, don't join.
Why would someone even download a server called Twitter-RO. Running out of names much?

So you're complaining about people complaining about a server that is potentially bad? (People make up their own minds- so good for one may not be for another)  
QuotePopular RMS member owns it, It's good.
That does not make a server good.

Regardless of the server name, many people move to new servers simply because the server they play on is not that great.  They are trying to find something that can meet their needs, and it can get very frustrating going from one server to another to actually find one that doesn't suck.

Bottom line is people have a right to review servers that they play on.  Not all reviews are going to be cupcakes and rainbows.  Some may take reviews personally or even disagree. It happens...like you say...with every server.  If you don't want to hear people Baaaaaawwwwwww about servers, then perhaps you should not be reading reviews?  There are more bad servers out there than there are good ones, so finding nothing but glorious reviews is going to be pretty rare.
~Myst~

Metafalica

"Regardless of the server name, many people move to new servers simply because the server they play on is not that great."

Taking their time, since RO has been out for a small child's lifetime. Sounds like they all fail to me. Except ones owned by certain RMS shareholders.

mystfitz

Agreed. My first thought way the name was gey.  But wanting to find a decent server that meets my needs, I overlooked that fact.  Nothing is perfect.
~Myst~

Metafalica

With RO you sort of need to take second best and live with it. There is no best, nothing will fit your needs 100%, and the things that DO fit your needs are so far into economy you won't be able to wean yourself into it. All the older servers are superior. The newer ones, anything made in 09/10 are pretty much guaranteed to be a money scam of sorts.. or be made by some person who can't resist the temptation to cheat. E-Peen runs wild in RO. The only way to really make a perfect server is to clone iRO and ban the Philippines.

orix1357

You're right in saying that there is no best server, but making a server from cloning iRO won't fit the bill. There will always be people who will lie, cheat and steal from their players, even those who are not from the Philippines.

Oh, and I don't think servers owned by popular RMS members are all good. I've even heard of a certain server which was destroyed by a certain popular RMS member. No details, but that proves that being popular in RMS does nothing to your credibility if one is intent on ruining it for some "fun".
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

imanewbie

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:35 PM

The only way to really make a perfect server is to clone iRO and ban the Philippines.

so wats that suppose to mean? like if someone is playing your server you will ban him regardless the reason was as long his/her from Philippines.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:16 PM

Taking their time, since RO has been out for a small child's lifetime. Sounds like they all fail to me. Except ones owned by certain RMS shareholders.

With RO you sort of need to take second best and live with it. There is no best, nothing will fit your needs 100%, and the things that DO fit your needs are so far into economy you won't be able to wean yourself into it. All the older servers are superior. The newer ones, anything made in 09/10 are pretty much guaranteed to be a money scam of sorts.. or be made by some person who can't resist the temptation to cheat. E-Peen runs wild in RO. The only way to really make a perfect server is to clone iRO and ban the Philippines.

People run servers for various reasons, and to base an opinion that certain servers are "better" than others just because someone has an "e-rep" doesn't make them better, worse, than any other server, when, it's really just their face popping up on RMS more often than others.

Popularity =/= a good server owner, runner, or manager: it just means they like to spend time on the RMS forums (possibly, to engage in the massive lulz factor like I do).

The only real way of seeing if it is "better", is to go in-game yourself and experience it and come to a conclusive opinion then, not to judge it based off someones "e-rep", because unlike an IRL reputation, people are more inclined to ditch an online reputation for money more-so than in the MMO called "Life". This has been proven over-and-over by various and infamous server owners: Ancyker, Zarik (I think that's how you spell his name), Haze, Lai, and etc.

It's VERY easy to change who you are online, and it's a lot harder to change who you are in real life.

If this "e-rep" thing were true, my server would be one of the best out there. This isn't true, because I know it isn't:there's always room for improvement.

However, I do see ways to improve my server, and I work on perfecting it each and every day. I'm probably the BIGGEST critic of my server because I want everything TO be perfect (or at least as close to perfect in my eyes), and I know that not everyone will like my server, or someone will QQ about some perceived injustice (Mi Gao *cough*) and take it up the donkey, but, I try to do the best I can and try to create the best server I can for my players, and that's all a server owner can / should do.

And iRO isn't necessarilly the best way to approach private servers.

Private servers are made with the intention of trying to BE different from the officials. The entire idea of private servers is to lure players to a server that has differences that a player cannot experience in an official server. Rates / items / custom this, that, and the other thing, are all things servers do. You never see banners like this:

QuoteInterestingRO 1x1x1, exactly like iRO! Official quests! Official Items! Standard Pets! Join Now!

Honestly, if your server was an exact copy of iRO, would your players play on your server?

No.

Why?

Because they can go play on a more stable server (Aegis) and, do it for free at the same time (Valkyrie), without fear of any private server problems. (Closing down, host issues, connectivity issues, wipes, hackings, etc. etc..).

While I appreciate you trying to add to the idea pool of creating the perfect server, your ideas won't work as they are founded on loose opinions that just won't work and will cause more disappointment than enjoyment.

That is all.

in b4 lock
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

akitomori

This isnt even about twitterRO anymore. Some serious business forumer bag on me and called me a troll for making a joke to lighten the tension but in the end 90% of the posts here are off topic and are just endless bickering[trolls]. This server has been reviewed and the TRO admin aready tried to defend themselves. I think the OP should request this be lock to prevent further trollings from people like TOM and myself..and others :D but mostly TOM with his 9 million posts! Jaykay Tom eventhough i hate you for spending so much time here, you keep the rms forums alive and such. :3

mystfitz

Yeah...let's just lock it and not allow topics to evolve, that makes everything all better.  :-X 

It's just ridiculous that people can't have a conversation without someone trying to control or manipulate it.

~Myst~

Swt_alisha

iam part of this server i thing according to  my view they have good forum after mysfitz issue they have try maintain its quality she was the lone fighter she has contributed to the server very much by pointing out its bugs and try to improve the server i know mysfitz you might be hurted because in the end they accused you but i thing so they dont have any problem of complaining and they shouldnt be i know you are stilll on the server but i cant see your post in forums rather issue every thing on here y dont you post there thye might take you suggestion and improve the server you have put your review and every one has commented it now if you really wanna improve go there forums and post there post the issue of that server rather than increasing the number of post in this topic