TrueRO review

Started by nasrul-ds3, Sep 12, 2014, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nasrul-ds3

Because there are only one other review for TrueRO, I'm posting here and now as publicity for this server.

I started around June, stopped around July, returned on late August by the time the server being DDOS'ed. Currently the server in nominal condition.

TrueRO stand on the track of trying to emulate the latest, most up-to-date renewal RO content. But of course, there are still custom npc, command and such. Its 20x Base, 20x Job, BUT lower equip & normal card drop rate at 5x, and even lower 3x MVP card drop rate, makes it an interesting combo. Fast for lvling, but not that easy to farm card and equips at end-game.

Server allowing dual-client, so yeah, currently leveling 6 char on each on my 2 account. Very fast to reach 99 due to Eden quest, but lack of Eden quest npc for 100+ level making lvling hard for solo, unsocialize unforumer newbie. For some reason, many newbie player which has never played RO, played in this server. Wierd.

There are some skill bug here and there, which being patched at rare interval. Maybe the admin want to collect the bugs and release the fix at once or something. But overall, the bug are not too noticable unless you are really a hardcore perfectionist mathematician programmer gamer.

Warper npc is too lenient is one of the minus point of the server. The ability to warp to anywhere, any level dungeon, bypassing the quest/item/walking requirement is making the game too easy. It will make player not googling enough for solution, and not making the necessary entrance quest. It makes the server less "feel" of adventure for newbie. Suggestion: Warper npc should only warped  player to the 1st floor of dungeon or entrance or something, so, yeah, good exercise. And let those farmer tele/run to kill the MVP.

This also stack with @storage function, which, I believe, making the game too easy. They should stick with Kafra ticket for official  remote storage function :\ (I did use the @storage too, oy vey.)

While there are reset npc, they only give 5 free reset per character (skill/stat/both). Else, have to pay a price around 100-200k something, which, is not a problem for rich player.

The server is easy from 1-99, but very punishing to solo from 100+ onwards. This is due to lack of Eden quest npc, and double  /omg the number of mobs at most maps (can't imagine this being done at bio3/4, so apparently some map with hard mobs do not have twice the number. Need to confirm this, tho). MVP spawn at half the official time rate, but because of easy of access, most are being farmed easily by high lvl player (very easy to solo MVP at max level, as it is 175/60 following the latest RO update)

Rebellion class being working is one of the shining point of this server. I heard the weapon for them are also being dropped, making it a fun class to play at high level. The new skills for all class (Unlimit, Flash Combo, Dragon Breath Water, etc) also present, have yet to test it all.

Economy is so-so. This is due to easy access to all map by warper, and double mobs. Number of player before DDOS are around 500-600, but after server being DDOS'ed, the number shrink to around 350-450. The number of merchant most of time is around 200 I believe, since they are not disconnected by server when the DDOS happen.

That is all from me. I believe there are not many review on this server because everyone is busy playing  /hmm Imma charging my playaaaa  /omg

GMApple

Thank you very much for the review.  /kis

mastaofdizasta

Hi!

I hope it is not impolite of me to write my short, because based on few hours in game only, rewiev here, under nasrul-ds3's rewiev. I am not here to criticize him or his review. He has much deeper knowledge about thise server than I have, but what I can add is something coming from player, who is looking for something new.

I can not say a word about server's stability, economy or ballance, because I was not able to get enough in game experience/knowledge about it in that short time.
What I would like to tell You is a short story of me joining TrueRo server.

I've made new character, got some levels (60 or 70 base) and felt that item drop rate is too low in comparision with experience rate. I got 50 jlvl in 1st class and still wasn't able to get single piece of equipment from monsters (farmed Pupas and Wolfs). "Oh well, it's not end of the world, I will farm Stems or other Blue Herbs, sell those, earn zenny and buy gear from other players" - That is what I though.
I remember that TrueRO website had a FAQ, saying that they do not have @whosell command, but Universal Silver Catalogue will serve " the same purpose as @whosells"*. While it shows that someone is selling/ looking to buy items, gives name of their shop, does not provide shop's location. I checked Prontera (ran around a bit), Morroc, Payon, after that just asked ppl in the center of Prontera (10-15 of them, not afk) about place where everyone usually vends. Did not get any response, tried again, then at #main. Again didn't get any answers, but got in the middle of offensive conversation between two other players.

TL; DR
In a few hours I learned, that players are swearing in #main chat, are not willing to help newbies, but will ignore them instead.

* http://truero.com/?module=pages&action=content&path=faq; Point Nr 6.

As for me, server is unfriendly for new players and has unballanced rates (exp to drop ratio) and does not have (despite what FAQ says) reliable way of searching for players shops.

Innomite

Server isn't what it used to be like before, sadly.

The 20x rates and the 2x mobs spawn on certain maps are such great features; grinding is easy and so is making MVP leveling parties due to the halved spawn time for Boss monsters.

Stability is decent, there's still some DDoS attacks going on but they can be mitigated with ease now.
GM's Availability is quite questionable: they're usually AFK or working backgrounds. I haven't heard anything about Lutfisk lately but Starfruit is still doing a nice job. I don't know what happened to Harvest, though. I'm not sure if Lutfisk is still out there, but since he disappeared, there's been a lot of rule-breakers in the server.

Lots of KSers, MVP-Grief here, and there, harassment and whatnot.
I'm fine with the drop rate, 5x is nice. But due to the halved spawn time of Boss monsters, there's been a lot of Boss and MVP cards out there: Tao Gunka, Golden Thief Bug, Assassin Cross, Deviling, Ghostring, Maya Purple, and more...

PvP has gotten quite calm now. It used to have even 15 players every day. Now you can barely find 3 people testing their skills or some loser trying to beat another loser.

WoE is all about zergrush and numbers, people don't know how to play their classes and even though the trashtalk after WoE makes things comfortable for competence, it isn't just enough anymore.

And lastly but not the least: there's been bugs that are as old as this server. Sorcerer and Mado-gear related skills are the most affected by these bugs. No one plays sorcerer in the server and Mechanic only acts as a massive wipe-out ECalls device.

People play there because there's no "better server"...

...yet.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!