CharmRO: First Impression Series

Started by GorthexTiger, Nov 13, 2009, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightshine

Charm has the potential of a kid with tourettes syndrome becoming a saint.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Nightshine on Nov 22, 2009, 01:51 PM

Tourette's isn't always uncontrollable swearing; it can be a movement as well, such as snapping your fingers at a certain sound.

So basically, that didn't make sense.

McManus

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
Quote from: Nightshine on Nov 22, 2009, 01:51 PM

Tourette's isn't always uncontrollable swearing; it can be a movement as well, such as snapping your fingers at a certain sound.

So basically, that didn't make sense.

ya shambo, you know what he meant. don't troll tis against the forum rules

JohnSmith2222

This is strictly my opinion, I spent about 1 month on Charmro and do not wish to come back. Here are the reasons:

1. The economy lacks variety, expect to be farming for PVP/Woe equips if you decide to play on Charmro. I could not find one merchant who was selling Marc or Thara Frog cards, common equips such as Glove [1], Earring [1] are non-existence.

2. There is an ample amount of events but they lack creativity, and they are repetitive. Examples:

Dead Branch events - both at Arakas and Dead Branch room so many monsters and mvp are spawned that the whole map is blocked, causing lag. Only difference in the two location is at Arakas PVP is turned on.

Dice events - basically people line up in a line and type /dice in order whoever rolled the correct number gets a prize.

Abracadabra events - everyone sits in circle and the GM will casts Abra skills in rotation if a skill is casted on you and you die then you loose. The last person alive gets the prize. I've seen a player having GTB on after the GM announced that no GTB was allowed, but he wasn't disqualified. Basically whoever have the best equips and or hitpoints will win, don't know if they improve it any since i left.

3. The highest number of players online was 95 and 40 of them are merchants using @autosell, and about 10 are double cliented buff characters.

4. GMs are nice, but they are too close to some players. I have problems with GMs getting too attached to a select few players.

5. Absolutely no Guild competition. There are two big guilds and instead of putting effort into WOE all they do is flame each other on forum over the most trivial matters. Also, the max i've seen at WOE is about 20-25 people max? The biggest guild on the server complain about people using pot in WOE...lol? Oh and last time i was there @storage works in castle.

6. PVP is dead.

8. Some will dispute with me on this, but a hand full of players control the server. I wont go into detail, use what I've stated previously and think about it.

The plus things are - The community is nice, unless you get into the guild drama. Donations are somewhat balanced. You wont find anyone on grinding maps if you're the anti-social type.

The idea and setup of the server is nice, i like the rates, how active the GMs are, but i find flaws and obvious problems in the management and the things previously mentioned.

in the mean time I'm looking for new server to play.

Final

Create your own post please..don't hijack XD

No seriously..Just make your own..It's not like there is one thread for every post...

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

JohnSmith2222

Final

Quote from: JohnSmith2222 on Jan 01, 2010, 08:50 PM
oh sorry, didn't know.
Ya it's no prob..Just kinda helps to get your message out.

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.