TalonRO ~ An Insider's Point of View

Started by Latin, Apr 04, 2013, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithXFormerX7

I haven't played this yet but, it seems cool and I saw an awkward moment post where his level is almost maxed out but got muted XD!!! /trolololol, got exploded xD

Pebbl

Boreas, I just made an account for your post  /no1

I've played on TalonRO for quite some time now... and I still really enjoy every minute of it. Your server is awesome, hands down (~2k players will agree :D).
But I really think, you as a GM should behave properly and answer other posts respectfully when they're trying to be respectful too!

Quote from: BloodTyrant
I said I was quitting RO for time reasons.  I am not looking for another server, as this one is still one of the best.  I have a job like many other people, and since I do strive to be the best at everything I do, I simply dislike how I'm falling behind the other players (which I referred to as summer kids - I miss those years of my life).
[...] You did depreciate some of the enjoyment I had during TalonRO, and you don't seem to care that you drive some of your players away.

And here are you, showing your "respect" for players who actually played the game and enjoyed it just as much as I currently do...

Quote from: Boreas on Jun 04, 2013, 09:51 PM
Exactly, I don't care. A troll gone, nothing of value is lost. Bye man.

Boreas, I think you need to fix your attitude to others =(
This is partly criticism, but mostly an advice.

love y'all,
Dan.

Boreas

If I made a new topic about every player calling us names in support tickets, arguing over bans or wasting our time in some way I could probably fill this entire forum. Most if not all people who complain about my behavior either broke the rules or got into an argument with me about something they did wrong. It's easy to give negative feedback afterwards and I don't mind, considering that nobody reads this forum except for the usual trolls.

With that being said, you aren't any better Dan and we both know that. Thanks for registering an account to post here tho, the RMS trolls appreciate new footage.

*inb4moretrolling*

Pebbl

That's actually pretty funny Boreas, considering that I haven't gotten into an argument ONCE until now nor have I broken the rule once :) .
And in some way you're filling the entire forum ;) Well, okay, you limit it to threads concerning TalonRO only.

With that being said, I think I am better than that, and I am pretty sure you know that aswell; I've been following this forum (and the talonro forum aswell), but I only post when I feel it is necessary to. And now I think it is necessary that you check your respect towards others who respect you - like I do.

Quote from: BoreasIt's easy to give negative feedback afterwards and I don't mind, considering that nobody reads this forum except for the usual trolls.
With that being said, you aren't any better Dan

So I'm just the usual troll for you..
I don't mind if you brand me a troll- but please think about what I said.

Well, that's that. I am playing TalonRO right now and I can highly recommend for anyone - I don't know why people say it's newbie unfriendly, I've had good experience (in parties, as a newbie, etc).
But if you really want to attract more players into joining your server I think you should (atleast try to) act (more) politely.

I even love Boreas,
Dan

DeePee

Make  /lv not  /pif

There are not enough words in this post.

Boreas

Quote from: Pebbl on Jul 01, 2013, 02:29 PM
But if you really want to attract more players into joining your server I think you should (atleast try to) act (more) politely.

Because those ppl will read this topic? I highly doubt that. Thank you tho.  /lv

Thoth

Also, if something is overpowered, but it's available to everyone, does it stop becoming overpowered?
not really. but excessive scarcity is a far greater poison to success than material imbalance. this is true for even The greatest MMORPG of them all...
(yes, its even more popular than WoW!)

indeed, the necessity of their "no mvp card" pvp rooms or whatnot proves a lack of item balance. I can't work up enthusiasm to play there because of this, regardless of its insane population.

DeePee

Or just a way for people to play a different type of game. People generally enjoy both.

urboyfriend

As much as i hate pre-renewal stagnation, this is actually a good review, im quite impressed how GM know how to control the game itself leaning to competitiveness and but at the same time, forgivable for new comers. I almost find it scary the economy is so much controlled it almost emulates the official one  /omg.

this just means giving favor to the overall health of the game is the best approach to be a succesful server and the traffic follows over.

silent

I don't really RMS much. But I have to agree - GM Boreas needs an attitude adjustment. This is the first thread I've read on this subject, and the sore thumb that sticks out is this particular GM.

I've no doubt he's going to call me a troll or something. That seems his MO with dealing with criticism.

Morien

Wow I hate to say it but looks like I might only be interested in this server for sealing the same fate as ToSeeBeyond. Im quite sorry as I don't play this server that I am joining this thread but hmm Boreas you seem familiar have you been a Admin or GM before else where and what all servers have you played because you seem familiar?

That question having been asked I have worked for well hmmm over 20 servers in my time of almost 8 years playing now and man sorry to say but your the kind of GM that I hunt them down server to server to defame them and shame them and expose them for the temper tantrums they pull. Man when your in a position like your in the community and its view of you is the most important thing however you have to factor out people who yes maybe a little slow in the head or have issues with a language gap and handle things with a level head your coming at people in a way that if you directed yourself off the way you are here at me on the server Ive killed a few in my day finding loopholes to kill the economy or literally over ran the top guilds and held war consistently to drive the populace down or posted their dirty laundry.

Your truly not fit for the position when a GM verbally assaults the community or people in the identity of a GM it reflects the server as a pile of crap and poor decision making and easily shows that there's more yet to be found out. But in the words of full metal jacket 5 foot 9 I didn't know they stacked $*** that high. Crap is crap no matter how high its stack man be a good person to your community and they will be good back.

If you are incapable of taking advice from a person who loves the server or at least listening to him respect the person and think about your narrow minded behavior rather than being boorish.

All and all I don't expect to see Talon being around much longer if people keep seeing you act the way you are.

Edit: That being said I like what I have seen after looking into it. Just really man try and be more chill. I didn't mean to come across harsh up top but man you gotta watch the snappy kind of slap in the face like attitude towards people and you seem good on other things Ive seen just check that in your head you don't show off in the wrong way before you type. I typed what I did well because I kind of have a load of experience with this game and everything it entails and I am gonna be the first to admit I helped kill ToSeeBeyondRO its entire staff had 50+ stats higher than anyone was allowed to have on a few "legits" and always WoE'd for one castle they modified to give specific treasure so I fought them whooped them on their legits into the ground they recalled everyone (on the server) and I fought back through and decimated them with my apprentice breaker on rear flank but what the people didn't know was the GM admitted to creating the server to troll his own players and he duped gears off to friends so I found how he duped found a loophole made 32k of all of his customs and tossed em into the wind for everyone even the gears the gms hid for only them that they used to hold top 10 in pvp. Plus I worked for 20+ servers on staff and 35 on advising.

Kendo

Hi, am a player of TalonRO  /ok 
before i continue, I must first declare that i am not one of the troller ok  /wah i don't  know what is troll to begin with  /hmm

Well, practically since most post here is regarding GMs, i'll be starting with this 1st. GMs are all reasonable friendly, since everyone got there own life and are human, we will all have our own things to deal with.
GM Bores - Well for some reason, i won't say is bad either. i can pretty much understand it, base on the other GM character, guess is somewhat needed. still thought, just in case, please don't luanch a Nuclear on someone who you just meet, still i pretty much guess that you won't (^_^) /o

As for the server, well is great, for everything from top to bottom i did say, i can imagine how much work and time have gone through, there will always be place to improve but i don't think need to worry about that. I did say i enjoy very very much during my play, since i like to explore.

Don't think server will be empty anytime soon thought, maybe like 5 years from now when everyone have a better game and gone bored of RO  /no1
thought i did enjoy more on games that is time efficient, can enjoy right from the start (non clicking game will give me this feeling e.g. CBen)

this is a Private, there are donation, but you don't expect people take all the Nuke and don't get a chance to relax (or are you a player that want everyone to do things for you, and you are not even thanking them?)
I enjoy the game alot, but i must say most of the community especially on !main are "fakes dummies" that will bite you for nothing, you will always fine it especially in Morning Asia time (where GM are out), don't get too attached to it and follow the story than everything is fine  /no1

Thought i must say 1 thing for sure, player who live close to western will enjoy the game at its best, but for player from mid-Asia will experience lag/ or slow packet transfer/reach which i did hope GMs could see if the server provider site have problem or not (don't think is my connection since i can play WoT without lag).
content seems is adding in carefully, such as MvP cards that can make player play skillfully ( keep balancing, prevent getting out of hands)

Overall, everything is good, except the slow packet reach/transfer  /swt /... /an /wah . GMs all good, you can't expect much when you are going to deal with people with those kind of mind set for years, normal people did seriously go insane.   /omg  /swt
thought, since i can't stand the lag, i'll be going to WoT which is a game full of "useless scrap metal piece of junk" for a month or 2 and see if the lag got better  /pif .
i did hope i can make real friends with you guys thought