TalonRO Review

Started by SongOfSayaa, Apr 23, 2014, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SongOfSayaa

Hello I hope you all are having a stunning day,
Before I get into this review I just want to say that this review is not to offend anyone, this is my experience that I had on TalonRO in the couple months that I spent playing.
I hope to help out the server giving my input to seeing the flaws and accomplish a more cheerful, fun, entertaining environment for a more variety of different players rather than one individual group.
I hope you take this review into consideration.

Background on myself:
I first started playing Ragnarok Online back in 2006 I was very young at the time and fell in love with RO right away. In my time of playing I have met many different types of players, some I am still close with to this day. I would not always get along with others but I was taught that manners go a long way; to treat others how I would want to be treated. I come from a military family I was taught self-discipline at a very young age. It is very rare that I feel at my limit of irritation about something bothering me. I very rarely speak my opinion and focus on positive events happening in my life rather than the negative, however this time I am going speak my mind and get it off my chest. In my time playing on TalonRO I played in game for 2 months I played as a, Sin, Priest, Archer, and Merchant.

In game Community Review:
3/10
When I first joined TalonRO as a player I was greeted on Main by one player who was very helpful to me he invited me to his guild and helped me learn Talon a bit better. Whenever I asked questions on Main by other players I would always get an answer of "google it", "figure it out yourself", or would ignore me and make fun of me for not knowing. I would google it but my question would still not fully be answered. I had to wait five hours of spamming in trade chat to get a price check, every chat is spammed and very hectic expect for main and players only want it to be used for them talking to their friends. GM's were usually very busy and hard to get a hold of I had someone try to scam repetitively so I reported it to a GM it took them two weeks to reply and they ended up doing nothing about it. If you are not a frequent old player you will be 80% of the time be ignored by the community or they will try to scam you. I had a costume item that was worth 8M I got from farming cakes for a month. Players would PM me asking to buy it for 500k or say that I am a hacker and to give the item to them before they report me, this would happen at least once every hour in Prontera.
In all my time of playing Ragnarok I have never seen so many cheaters in one server.

Economy balance Review:2/10
When you start off in training grounds the server seems very enjoyable, but as soon as you get out starting gears go for 500k-10M no nobody has that kind of money as a noob. Everything is money in this server you can not play at all without having at least millions. I was stuck either voting for TalonRO as much as possible or doing what most the server does and buying items with real money. The server depends purely on purchasing items with real money. You basically just grind your way up to spend your own money then just keep spending money and repeating, the feel of Ragnarok is gone it feels more like Farmville.

TalonRO's Art section Forum Community review: -10/10
I first found out about TalonRO last summer I did not have much time to play but I wanted to get more of a variety of customers to sell art to. This was my 2nd Ragnarok related art shop opening on a server I never had an issue ever on my old server. If a player wanted a request done on my old server they would request then I would draw right away if I was available. The payment always came right after receiving their art, along with them discussing with me what they like to be done next time and even going into in depth criticism that helped me develop my art. When doing my art shop on TalonRO I would post that slots were available and would receive PMs saying save me a slot along with on the forum, so it was very hectic and disorganized. I tried telling players to wait until I confirmed their slot in PMs before posting on my art shop however not many of the players listened.
I came back a year later to TalonRO after improving my art hoping that since I had such a positive experience with players on the other server that I would not have issues again. Within my first 3 requests I had someone not even say thank you or pay for their art. The other two requests the players were very nice and payed me the appropriate amount and said thank you. Things went down hill afterwards, I had too many players who never paid for their requests, so I decided to make the shop free and make it a clean slake I was tired of hounding people. As soon as the shop went free it got very overcrowded quick and players kept asking for slots when the shop was full. Some players even went as far as to find me on facebook and try to get a slot there. I was doing exams for college at this time and very stressed out I hoped to do some of the requests on the side however 9/10 of the free requests I did on TalonRO I did not receive a thank you or even a reply. I was working for free and was doing it purely to see others happy, but I got no reaction from them after spending hours drawing for them. I began to loathe the requests asked by these players with barely any information when asking for a request, then expecting it to get done right away. I got very tired very quick at this time and finally decided to close shop, finished the free requests with MS Paint and moved back to my old server. Some of the players from TalonRO went as far to find me on the old server to tell me to keep my promise of doing art for them and to draw them right away.

GM review:?
I can not really review all the GMs together because I have had positive and negative experiences. The experiences I had when just talking to a GM on forums or In game was somewhat positive but as soon as you are asking questions a lot of the GMs become extremely sarcastic and narcissistic. However there were a couple GMs that did get their job done and it is too bad that a lot of the other GMs are bringing them down.

Game play:6/10
The customization in this server is pretty neat they have added weapons and costume slots that do not exist in a lot of servers, but the game lags very badly. I can play Tera Online wireless full graphics and it lags less than this server when I have it wired. There is always events happening but it is no fun because most people are lagging. They really need to fix the lag issues.

Overall this server has the ability to be good but requires more effort and more rules.

Hermos

--not needed--
could've at least used your known forum name

Kimchiii

TalonRO's Art section review.. that offend me. a lot
because i do buy lot of arts, and i always paid and say thank you for it. There's no need to tell me to say thanks, because arts that i buy are awesome.
and pretty sure other people do, because everytime their request finish, most of the time the artist post it on their thread, and the buyer will reply "thank you i love it bla bla bla". And if there is buyer that dont pay for the art, pretty sure you can report it.

like i said, that offend me. If your review really based on your experience at TalonRO though. ^^

Zleepy

Talon is like 6 or 7 years old gear only costing 1mil sounds pretty good to me in other servers I've seen with less age with similiar rates it's much much more.

SongOfSayaa

Quote from: Kimchiii on Apr 24, 2014, 01:59 AM
TalonRO's Art section review.. that offend me. a lot
because i do buy lot of arts, and i always paid and say thank you for it. There's no need to tell me to say thanks, because arts that i buy are awesome.
and pretty sure other people do, because everytime their request finish, most of the time the artist post it on their thread, and the buyer will reply "thank you i love it bla bla bla". And if there is buyer that dont pay for the art, pretty sure you can report it.

like i said, that offend me. If your review really based on your experience at TalonRO though. ^^
Did owner told me my lost.

Should not have to hound people about something they asked for especially art, seeing it takes a while to make.

Quote from: Zleepy on Apr 24, 2014, 02:20 AM
Talon is like 6 or 7 years old gear only costing 1mil sounds pretty good to me in other servers I've seen with less age with similiar rates it's much much more.
Again just basing it off what I saw.

Quote from: Hermos on Apr 24, 2014, 01:03 AM
--not needed--
could've at least used your known forum name
My forum name was already taken, went with my ingame.
Also linking other servers in a server review on the other server counts as derailment does it not?
All this post was to create awareness for the GMs of the server to fix issues to make the game better, constructive criticism. Everything made requires criticism to improve. If you stick with the same thing happening and ignoring criticism you are putting aside development that could be done to improve things. Nothing is perfect.

Judgement

This isn't much of a review than a rant about what happened with you in the Artist section, though.  The fact that you're mainly an aRO player and your general behavior in their forum makes me believe that some of these info is false.  If not then you must of had one of the worst luck getting into the server as I had never experienced people trying to scam me or people telling me crazy things when trying to trade things.  The economy part is funny too when comparing both server's economy.  As for the Artist section part, that's unfortunate that that happened to you, but you could of been more careful.  Selling art for money is not something that is exactly in game related and is essentially your own business, so I doubt the GMs (especially Boreas) would care about moderating that.

Not really hating on aRO or you, just that I know the relations of both servers and how certain players tend to act sometimes.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

OPhie

The art review section also offends me. Same as Kimchiii, I buy lots of arts, I always pay them with the right amount and say thank you.
It's sad that it was my first time to order from your shop and I was your last customer that you give the MS Paint work, without knowing that you were stressed and tired about the art workload since you've never had any complains for your customers on your art thread.

I didn't even complain on your MS Paint work, it's the customers' risk to receive whatever free art outcomes, just like it's also the sellers' risk to receive heavy art workload and the pressure to finish it asap -even more when it's free. Don't get over stressed by it =(
Lastly, just like what Kimchiii said, you can always report the unpaid art commissions to the GMs and they will do something about it.

DeePee

Pretty much that ^

I don't really get this review to be honest. You are unsatisfied with your art corner experiences and want the GMs to make stricter rules, without even reporting anything in the first place? There were zero support tickets, zero reports, zero complaints, zero replies on your topic that indicates anything was going on. Heck, most GMs (especially HighGMs) probably didn't even know your art topic existed. How are GMs supposed to make stricter rules when you don't even report it in the first place?

The way I see it, if you deliver a service and someone refuses to pay, that's scamming. That's a reportable and bannable offense. Yet instead, you don't tell anyone about it, suddenly go on a trip of writing bad reviews and blame the server for not being strict enough?

SongOfSayaa

Quote from: OPhie on Apr 25, 2014, 02:24 AM
The art review section also offends me. Same as Kimchiii, I buy lots of arts, I always pay them with the right amount and say thank you.
It's sad that it was my first time to order from your shop and I was your last customer that you give the MS Paint work, without knowing that you were stressed and tired about the art workload since you've never had any complains for your customers on your art thread.

I didn't even complain on your MS Paint work, it's the customers' risk to receive whatever free art outcomes, just like it's also the sellers' risk to receive heavy art workload and the pressure to finish it asap -even more when it's free. Don't get over stressed by it =(
Lastly, just like what Kimchiii said, you can always report the unpaid art commissions to the GMs and they will do something about it.
"Owner's reply to this review: Edit Delete 2014-04-23 Erm, not sure what this has to do with the server itself, but OK! I suggest asking payment before you start a drawing. Seems like the logical thing to do when it happens to you once. If they want you to go cheaper: deny their request. Their loss after all, right? It's pretty simple. Good luck on your next server."
This comment was replied in the short version of my review on the server, so I could speak my opinion all this review is my experience in the server and was deleted. Some may of not had this experience however I have, I would of not written up a long review if the Owner of the RMS for TalonRO did not reply with such a sarcastic response.
I find it very rude that on such a large community that others get offended for speaking your opinion on an issue, this review is meant to help the GMs to prevent similar things happening in the future to brainstorm ideas to make the next time better for newbies.

I am sorry that I did not get  your request done however, I feel no need to do free art requests anymore.

Quote from: Judgement on Apr 25, 2014, 01:13 AM
This isn't much of a review than a rant about what happened with you in the Artist section, though.  The fact that you're mainly an aRO player and your general behavior in their forum makes me believe that some of these info is false.  If not then you must of had one of the worst luck getting into the server as I had never experienced people trying to scam me or people telling me crazy things when trying to trade things.  The economy part is funny too when comparing both server's economy.  As for the Artist section part, that's unfortunate that that happened to you, but you could of been more careful.  Selling art for money is not something that is exactly in game related and is essentially your own business, so I doubt the GMs (especially Boreas) would care about moderating that.

Not really hating on aRO or you, just that I know the relations of both servers and how certain players tend to act sometimes.
I am also an iRO player, a ZNRO player, and RebirthRO player. Blaming this review simply on the fact that I play one server is ignorance, if you look at other reviews for TalonRO you will see players saying similar things as me; minus the art section.

From this point on I will not be responding to any negative responses, all the information needed is here now I hope this review helps out players in the future.
Thank you.

DeePee

I'd like to ask again then, why did you not ever report anything or ask a GM about any of this? I sure didn't receive a PM or see a support ticket coming by. If someone does not pay for a service provided, that's called scamming and that's in the server rules.

A little timeline:
- Your topic seems completely fine to me. Nice art being posted, people being friendly and even wishing you a happy birthday. No complaints by you or anyone else
- No support tickets made by you
- No PMs by you
- No forum reports by you
- A negative review pops up where you say GMs should make stricter rules against something that was never even reported in the first place

Can you blame us for thinking of that as a troll review?

SongOfSayaa

Quote from: DeePee on Apr 25, 2014, 12:02 PM
I'd like to ask again then, why did you not ever report anything or ask a GM about any of this? I sure didn't receive a PM or see a support ticket coming by. If someone does not pay for a service provided, that's called scamming and that's in the server rules.

Considering we've had multiple questions about this now, I'd like to announce that the server rules apply to the forum as well.

This means that you are not allowed to sell art for real money using the TalonRO forums.

Selling art for Talon Coins, Zeny or TalonRO items is fine of course.

Thanks!

No rule against it, RMS owner for TalonRO just told me to take the risk on my own conditions.
However I will invest time into reporting these people, but it will not effect much of the outcome still, they will get warned and I will not have the money that I worked for.

DeePee

Exactly. As you just said: "the server rules apply to the forum as well". Thus: scamming by not paying you is not allowed and can be reported. Scamming someone leads to a permanent ban in pretty much 95% of the cases.

Selling art for real money is not allowed. Selling art for TCs/Zeny/Items is fine and server rules apply to this. However, if you do not report anything or let anyone know what's going on, how can anything be done about the situation?

P.S. I am the GM responsible for RMS interactions.

SongOfSayaa

Quote from: DeePee on Apr 25, 2014, 12:17 PM
Exactly. As you just said: "the server rules apply to the forum as well". Thus: scamming by not paying you is not allowed and can be reported. Scamming someone leads to a permanent ban in pretty much 95% of the cases.

Selling art for real money is not allowed. Selling art for TCs/Zeny/Items is fine and server rules apply to this. However, if you do not report anything or let anyone know what's going on, how can anything be done about the situation?

P.S. I am the GM responsible for RMS interactions.
Some of them were older players so I felt intimidated to report, not really an excuse though thought it would looked worst on my part to report someone for art.
But then that lead me to writing a big up review on something, because did not say anything.
Why did you not email me? I wanted to have a discussion.

DeePee

There are many ways to contact a GM for something. Email however is not among them. Emails are not logged on the server after all.

It does not really matter if a player is old or not. To us a player is a player. It does not matter if that player is old, new, donator or not-donator. Everyone has to answer to the same rules.

You're saying it'd look worst on your part to report someone for art. Yet at the same time you're telling us to make stricter rules. That'd still require reporting though, no matter what. Even if we'd make a specific art-related rule (which is not necessary as the server rules apply to this already), there wouldn't be anything different when it comes to reporting.

Blinzer

when i see negative reviews like this i always hope the person making it is going to actually unveil how s*** the server in question is

and i am disappointed every time