TalonRO looks pay2win but it's actually balanced and promotes farming

Started by SpaceFalcon, Nov 20, 2016, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceFalcon

I've been reading a few posts on some threads here about this server and just wanted to share my opinion.

Initially I thought the mvp cards for donations were retarded.. I realized it's one of the reasons for why it survived longer than other servers. Many servers I played die simply because one or a few guilds get too ahead and the weaker guilds aren't motivated to catch up. Having all gears/cards available solved that, the good stuff costs $10 - $20, it makes more sense to farm.

This is where the pay2win argument falls apart. 10 talon coins can be obtained through trading copper coins by voting, events, or hunting maps that drop copper coins. Everyone is getting a chance. Also the rental items you can get by doing exp quests are better than the items you donate for, especially weapons and armors.

The game doesn't end for someone who donated tons of $$$ and bought everything. There's super quest items, mining, jewel crafting which is all unrelated to donaters. Another big reason this server is NOT pay2win is because there is VanillaWoE (no donation items)

I probably missed some things and I didn't mention any of the negatives I have with this server since I don't want to ramble. What do you guys think of TalonRO?

Mrew2

Haven't seen a post on TalonRO in a long time. This seems like an attempt at getting the server back in the spotlight. If it is not, I have not read up on TalonRO, so I have no opinion on what you wrote.

Neffletics

Quote from: Mrew2 on Nov 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
Haven't seen a post on TalonRO in a long time. This seems like an attempt at getting the server back in the spotlight. If it is not, I have not read up on TalonRO, so I have no opinion on what you wrote.

Well, the server doesn't need reviews to be back in the spotlight. Its stability and reputation speaks for itself. (just like heRO but with a fewer population)
solacero rip

SpaceFalcon

I have no reason to promote it I just joined this week, only posted to see why the people arguing it's pay2win when all the best gear like valks, diab..etc isn't even available to buy. Seems like the people bashing it are just salty over some things that happened to them while playing it.

sharx

Been active here on Talonro since ages ~8 Years on and off. Can only recomend that server! Those many MVP cards seems a bit off if you start new and still have to figure stuff out. But it is balanced in its own way and there is vanilla PVP/Woe and Endless Tempel where you cant use them.
Best thing noone ever mention is that GMs do a pretty good job there.

sharx

Quote from: SpaceFalcon on Nov 21, 2016, 11:36 AM
I have no reason to promote it I just joined this week, only posted to see why the people arguing it's pay2win when all the best gear like valks, diab..etc isn't even available to buy. Seems like the people bashing it are just salty over some things that happened to them while playing it.
We usualy dont speak about it but i already saw a few people getting theyr deserved bans. GMs are fair and so are restrictions but you know those guys that gets banned fast. We are just happy to have no insulting, grieving, abusing idiots at talonro. But as you can imagine those guys dont give up and feel the need to fight back.
SpaceFalcon if you need/want some help/party to get started out send me a PM here.

SpaceFalcon

Quote from: sharx on Nov 21, 2016, 12:12 PM
We usualy dont speak about it but i already saw a few people getting theyr deserved bans. GMs are fair and so are restrictions but you know those guys that gets banned fast. We are just happy to have no insulting, grieving, abusing idiots at talonro. But as you can imagine those guys dont give up and feel the need to fight back.
SpaceFalcon if you need/want some help/party to get started out send me a PM here.

/lv

MelonNotFound

I got permanently banned from TalonRO (deserved) and quit since then yet I can vow for the server for being a quality one with a very good economy and a cool, healthy player base, not just from the number but the personality too.

Can't judge the server by looking at their cashshop since those items are relatively cheap to attain via zeny as well as coins are not hard to get via other means other than paying real money, for example you can play mini games and this is pretty fun in itself. For a while I used to spend most of my time bullsh*tting with friends in monster race or bingo and earn the amount of coins equal to hundreds of millions zeny just from them. The economy is full of life so earning zeny is fun, there are various ways to farm things and there are various kinds of services you can sell to other players (leech, help doing SQI, other quests, etc). The top tier gears aren't in the cashshop and you will have to work hard for them plus vanilla WoE.

TalonRO is one of the very few servers that IMO sell by themselves, they need no dirty trick.

DjSonic

I like talonRO, been a player for 6 months. All it needs is class balance. The same old problem: sinx not invited to ET parties.

Bakorzero

TalonRO kills the nature of RO which is card hunting, why you need to hunt card while you can just vote and donate ? People just vote the server and thats the reason they always on #1 on top100servers etc thats why new players always check them first
TalonRO are truly the best milking server, people that donate too much just cant move on to find another server because they pour too much money in TalonRO. HeRO is better than TalonRO, you dont donate to get win but playing it and invest time in it

Also there are many nerfs, unbalanced classes and bugs with their old system. Not really worth to invest time there
I hate it when TalonRO still relevant...
Preparing some popcorn   

A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Kris

Quote from: DjSonic on Dec 24, 2016, 12:05 AM
All it needs is class balance. The same old problem: sinx not invited to ET parties.

lol this has to be the funniest thing I've read all day. The problem is not getting invited into an ET party but the fact that you think the sinx class would be useful in ET.

Reroll to a class that would not be a waste of space in ET!
2k21 Return

Boreas

QuoteAlso there are many nerfs, unbalanced classes and bugs with their old system. Not really worth to invest time there
I hate it when TalonRO still relevant...
Preparing some popcorn

"QQ, TalonRO is successful and my server is not."

What a poor attitude, really. It's one thing to not like a server, but bashing it by arguing that your own server is better and deserves more players is just sad. Thanks for your feedback tho, I will tell the players on my server that heRO is a much better server. Apparently they have popcorn.

Bakorzero

Lol the big fish is baited XD
Also hey thats my opinion ok, I played TalonRO for at least 1year and2 months and thats my experiences
I dont care if you like my opinion or not  /heh

Bue

If both servers are at least enjoyable by others, then who cares?

A rebuttal in the form of a d*** measuring contest to 'I didn't like your server, try this other one' is terrible.

Though, the point is that an illegal, yet successful, private server enterprise is nothing to brag about; short of admitting guilt to jury.

Just saying.

On another note, can I have your talon coins bakorzero?

Bakorzero

The fact that I spend 1 year and 2 months in Talon is the proof that I loved it and I am still log on once in a while, but you are broken and you don't fix yourselves
But hey, "Who cares about fixing the server when we always be number #1 on the site and donators gold always pouring in our pockets
we always will get new fresh players that will vote for easy cards anyways." "But look someone gives bad review about our server lets bash him up so our server name will always clean and we stay on top."     

I played in many servers and I found that Talon not really that good. There are servers that deserves more love and they truly dedicated to bring the best RO experiences. They dont care about donation. 

It was a good time indeed but I am sorry, you are stubborn, you dont fix yourself. Thats why I cant make your place as home anymore. Besides, who is this random person named Bakorzero anyway there are thousands new players that ready to replace him he wont be missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BboEYBhBaQ

Also, hey Bue-senpai :3 No its mine lol spend so long time to votes XD