Talon-RO review

Started by celestine520, Jul 15, 2014, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestine520

Quote from: Remia on Aug 07, 2014, 01:38 PM
But the point is, you could donate to get most of the useful gears in the server. Of course you can also get everything w/o donating with time and effort. And although you can't buy SQI gears or their mats, you could donate for other stuff, sell those and buy the stuff for SQI after with the Zeny obtained, or trade gears for it. Of course, doing that is a common thing in RO server. But just saying it's possible.

And it's not a bad server. They do things their own way, and a lot of people are liking it (you could say it's an unique experience).

sorry, are you TalonRo player? if so check again.. all hard to obtain mats like cards and EQs can be bought from so called "donate" shop, the only thing you need to find is easy obtain mats like regular drops from monster and some regular EQs.
Here i give you an example:
Brisingamen [1]
4 x Ring[1]. -
4 x Earring[1].
4 x Brooch[1].
4 x Glove[1].
4 x Rosary[1].
4 x Necklace[1].

every item above can be obtain for $10 each, total of $240 to be donated to get the powerful almighty Brisingamen [1] just in sec
you want to farm? sure, all with 0.03% drop you can farm it all you want while someone rich can get it in 1 minutes.
still easy, since most dropped by regular monster, just farm soon or later u will get it.
then how about
Artemis Bow? the most powerful bow in the server, here the ingredients, most of it are MVP drop, farm? you think its easy? while still compete for the MVP with all full geared player.
1 x Rudra Bow[0].
1 x Ballista[0].
1 x Bow Thimble[0].
1 x Breeze Card
1 x Morrigane's Belt[0].
1 x Safety Ring[0].
1 x Arrow of Counter Evil
50 x Red Bijou
50 x Blue Bijou
50 x Yellow Bijou
50 x Green Bijou
1 Essence of Hunter
check how many of the hard to obtain ingredient can be bought from "donate" shop?

what a joke when people said SQI is most powerful equipment and it can be bought by donating

and funny how bought, shop, and donate can go in the same sentences, if real world like this, it would be like "hey donate me a million and this Ferrari is yours"

celestine520

Quote from: in Training on Aug 07, 2014, 12:46 PM
I have been on this server for a little more than a year, i did have to take a few month break because of a hospitalization, so really i'v been actually playing for about a year.

So far I have a DDQ nibel (+10 str, 40 hit, 13% aspd, 10% bb dmg upgrades) Bapho/Phreeoni Invoker of death, +10 staff of recovery
2 megs, 2 celeb rings
2 sleip (LT and GEC)
+7 deviant dragons breath, +4 deviant naght seigers, +4 LoD Diablos manteau, +4 LoD skin of ventoss
+1str BK middle, +1str gryphon mid, +1agi SK mid, +1int Pharoah mid, +1int missy mid
Kaho, PCB
+7 SB of royal guard, +7 SB of resistance, +7 SB Medusa, +4 SB GTB
+4 garm volanic armor+3dex gem, +4 gloom volcanic armor+3dex gem, +7 unfrozen odins blessing

And of course a bunch of other lower quality items. That don't need to be listed. Anyway the point to all that, is that i obtained all of these without donating a single penny. I'v never donated, not 1 penny (err sorry boreas  /hmm )
Now if you total up all of what i just listed, it should be around 1,500,000,000 zeny in gears. Which would be like 1,300$+ in talon coins.

Lets be real here. The number of people donating that much will be very few, if any. Also donating isn't a bad thing, it helps the server.

thats the point of it, you played for a year, not spending a single penny, and your equipments still sucks, not even 1 is SQI, and even with your so-so equipment its same value as $1300 if u want to get it by donating.
and you said nobody really donating so much? really? u think so? are u sure? if not in 1 transaction, maybe multiple transaction over a few months?
yeah donating is not bad, but whats "donating" means? whats the different between buy to get stuff? why still use the word "donate" ? and this server make people the urges to pay really high because of the god-like item in the cash shop.

celestine520

Quote from: DeePee on Aug 06, 2014, 01:31 PM
Coming from a person whose sole purpose of posting on RMS is to flame one server. Keep it up  /no1

Anyway, thousands of players enjoy their time on TalonRO, so it's really a matter of taste. I advise everyone to check out our website first before registering. All information can be found there. It's a bit silly to join a server and then complain later about features that were mentioned on the website anyway. If you don't like that sorta stuff, do not join :)

Quote from: DeePee on Aug 06, 2014, 06:05 PM
I rest my case. Nice to see you have nothing better to do.

did you just quoting yourself?

so u the gm huh?
before you saying im the same person as other because giving bad review, now saying i had nothing better to do because i giving bad review.
bad review mean flame? hatred? like i no give positive point at all? is it non-constructive critics? like "this server sux" without any reason? or you cant take any critics at all? everyone must showering you with flowers and diamonds and money.
i stand my point, everything in cash-shop = pay to win
even you said its a donate shop, not cash shop because no exclusive items. still i said it is pay to win. because with all powerful item in that shop people tend to pay you money to get instant strong.
the server allow people to get instant super strong by pay them money, its pay to win.

DeePee

Before triple posting and accusing people of saying things to you, please take your time to read who my reply was to, which is: not you.

Anyway, as said before, everything here is mentioned on our website. If you don't like that sort of thing, kindly read the website first before downloading the server. Cheers.

Remmi

Overall, it's an okay review (I'd probably rate a little higher in some of the aspects you've mentioned) but one of your statements is misleading and others have been mentioned in the server's website. So for me, it is acceptable and that's just how you take it and perhaps TalonRO is just not your cup of tea.

Just to re-iterate what others have also said.

Quote from: DeePee on Aug 09, 2014, 01:27 AM
Before triple posting and accusing people of saying things to you, please take your time to read who my reply was to, which is: not you.

Anyway, as said before, everything here is mentioned on our website. If you don't like that sort of thing, do not download the server. Cheers.

This. Regarding your dislike about card customization and how easy it is to reach instacast in the server? It's all in the site.
In any case, your review will help players, who don't read important features in the site, know what the server is like. Thanks, I guess?

Quote from: celestine520 on Aug 09, 2014, 12:22 AM
i stand my point, everything in cash-shop = pay to win
even you said its a donate shop, not cash shop because no exclusive items. still i said it is pay to win. because with all powerful item in that shop people tend to pay you money to get instant strong.
the server allow people to get instant super strong by pay them money, its pay to win.

Are you trying to redefine what Pay2Win means? Please don't. This is the one I am referring to that is misleading.  It ticks me off because you don't seem to understand what a REAL P2W server looks like and you insisting TalonRO is, is laughable. No offense.

If you really want to word it to something else, it would be Pay-to-Get-Ahead-But-Eventually-People-Will-Get-Better-At-You. Or short, P2GABEPWGBAY.
Hint: keyword - eventually.

But also take note...

Quote from: Kimchiii on Aug 04, 2014, 01:18 AM
Just saying, its 7 years old server. Even if you donate 10k $ probably there are players that still richer than you lol
non donor here and dont care about donaters as long as there are no items that exclusive for donaters ^^

Sadly they did have that Woodie Pet and Headgear from 2012 for a charity event (account-bound). I know it was for a good cause but damn... I really wanted that pet and headgear. :/ As far as I know, they have no more plans to do that again.

Quote from: celestine520 on Aug 09, 2014, 12:03 AM
thats the point of it, you played for a year, not spending a single penny, and your equipments still sucks, not even 1 is SQI, and even with your so-so equipment its same value as $1300 if u want to get it by donating.

I have difficulty understanding your sentence here but I am just going to go ahead and assume you're saying he has no SQI but he actually has five.

Nibelungen
2x Megingjard
2x Sleipnirs

Just wanted to point that out. OT: Kudos on getting all that in a year, in Training! I personally would not have donated that much money just to get those items though. Where's the fun in paying for that? Plus, a real huge waste of money, imho.  /... #poorverypoor

Hmm... if anything, I'd say if your purpose in playing TalonRO is to be one of the best hardcore players out there, you don't necessarily need to donate. It only helps you get there faster. Well, if you're a hardcore gamer farming is probably a piece of cake for you here. I cringe at the memory of grinding/farming in the official RO  /wah. If you're one of those casual players, well, yeah this server could also be for you. It's not really that difficult to earn stuff here. Plenty of things to do to get what you want without donating (you just have to figure out what those are) and despite being a low-rate server, I have seen players being more than good enough to compete with players who do donate, equip-wise in a timely manner. That was how it was for me.

Almost two years in TalonRO and non-"Donator" as well but kicking donkey either way.

PS - arealoot was definitely one of the better recent changes they have made in the server... and still waiting for the last Folkvang wave.  /ok

Lilithh

Why does every time someone says one thing negative in their review for TalonRO the GMs/players come and bully the person who creates the thread?
I have been going through the Talonro reviews, I was thinking on joining but honestly if this is how they treat people who express themselves politely I see no need to join.
It seems very immature and that they have a chip on their shoulders or something.

Why not focus on RO and improving rather than going on here everytime someone says something you do not like? Big companies are not suppose to run that way, it is very unprofessional.

I wish you best Celestine, ignore these guys and move on because looking at the threads of Talon I have read they will keep going on and on.

Good day.

DeePee

They are far from being bullied. However, GMs and players from a server have the right to defend their server against false claims and other statements. Pretty much all the "negative" points that were mentioned can be found on our website and it has been stated over and over that this is the case. Whether one finds these points negative or not is personal. We will not change these points as they are what make the server the way it is. We do not at all see them as negative points that need improvement.

Also, lots of reviews are made by people who have been banned for breaking the rules and are angry. Something to keep in mind.

Razer

Quote from: celestine520 on Aug 03, 2014, 10:46 PM
23m as what? Baphomet Card? you think you can farm it yourself? with 3X drop rate?
Bapho is 12 Coins for 13ish M. If it was farm only , it would have cost in Billions. 13M is chump change no offense. If you feel this is a hard amount ,sorry you are too lazy. Please enjoy your SHRs.
Not every item has to be farmed. You can either farm the card or buy it from someone. Buying requires zeny. 13M opposed to a few billions is quite generous.

Yes this does ruin the joy of hunting weaker MVPs since they don't have any more rares to offer but then that isnt your argument is it?

this is low rate server indeed, where people get to play for a long term. but whats the point? if that 3x drop rate had no meaning because of cash shop? you farm baphomet card you think for how long till you get 1?, and I "donate" to get it, how long for me to get it?
It would take time but and the only thing donation does is make you powerful early. It doesnt take you over the top. Whether one follows the long or the short path - the destination is the same. I am a casual player who made zeny by buying and reselling - a method that seems to work on all servers.
I am a strong player in war and so far I haven't run into into any player or monster I cannot handle. If I feel I cant kill a super strong MVP alone I use that wonderful thing called as party.

monster of the week? voting? yeah right. you killed 30~100 to get 1 cooper coin, and you need
How long have you played this server ? CC drop rates are 5% so thats 1 in 20 monster tops.
New People I know get 20-30 cc per hour . Because they tried.

ohh its low rate, sound about right... then how about the "donation" they get it with just a few clicks.
When I started the server, many donation people were stronger than me. So ? A few weeks later I am stronger than them. You are probably looking for the ghost of your previous server. If your new server isnt like "what you want it to be" its automatically bad.

Regardless of how you define p2win. You seem to not know what it is. Pay2win is that without donating you can absolutely never excel at the game. Ever played Maplestory ? Please do then you will know what pay2win is. The best items are not even sold in game currency - People want USD for it because they used USD to make those.

Here paying only puts you ahead - doesnt make you win. I am sorry, even though I am not a big fan of donation - Running server has big costs especially if its popular. John's 10 USD isnt enough if the upkeep runs into hundreds or thousands. A little profit is always nice, it keeps the staff motivated to develop the server and prevent it from becoming a default eA  SHR setup like 9000 other servers.

This is what i meant by pay to win, if you dont know what it is. when you had to farm your donkey off, while the other can easily get it.
A good donation shop should be minimal, just for some costume, some slightly exp booster, where it can't never make your character super strong with just a few clicks.
As I mentioned before you are looking for what you personally believe a s a good shop. Slight EXP booster. tRO doesnt have this. I think that is pay2win too but if you say it then its fair game but if tRO says it then its pay2win. You cannot make your character super strong in a few click unless you shell out thousands of dollars. I am sorry I dont think many people do that. This a RO pserver we are talking about not WoW.

and SQIs, i already told in prev post, nonsense because SQIs not available in donation shop right? then I want you to calculate yourself how long you farm, how long you vote, how much your effect to get SQIs, between non-donor vs donor. **hints : donor can get all the ingredients with few click with lots of money.
now calculate the proximity time for you non-donor to get it.
Money makes more money. I started making 5-10M every day without playing a single minute(ok not entirely true it takes me 30 minutes to get my goods up) once I had a principal amount of 100M from doing a little bit of intelligent gameplay. You can either play smart or whine about it. My assumption from your half baked facts is that you haven't played this server for more than a week. The donation shop gives you a large principal amount fast - it doesnt give you skills and experience. Those have to be earned.

There is a lot of things you could have used to criticize the server.  Had you used to new vend system, the over fragmented War, Lackluster forging system,Tweaking of default systems to make them harder as arguments - I would have supported your post. But you picked a non factor which was wrong.

I am not a HR and SHR person . In LRs I have yet to find a better LR server.

Suspension

Quote from: DeePee on Sep 16, 2014, 12:48 AM
GMs and players from a server have the right to defend their server against false claims and other statements. Pretty much all the "negative" points that were mentioned can be found on our website and it has been stated over and over that this is the case.

So you're defending against false claims that are already mentioned on your server? Then how are those false claims?

And I agree with the OP, I was about to join TalonRO due to its high population, but it's just a high rate server dressed as a low rate.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Sachimi

Quote from: celestine520 on Aug 08, 2014, 11:50 PM
sorry, are you TalonRo player? if so check again.. all hard to obtain mats like cards and EQs can be bought from so called "donate" shop, the only thing you need to find is easy obtain mats like regular drops from monster and some regular EQs.
Here i give you an example:
Brisingamen [1]
4 x Ring[1]. -
4 x Earring[1].
4 x Brooch[1].
4 x Glove[1].
4 x Rosary[1].
4 x Necklace[1].

every item above can be obtain for $10 each, total of $240 to be donated to get the powerful almighty Brisingamen [1] just in sec
you want to farm? sure, all with 0.03% drop you can farm it all you want while someone rich can get it in 1 minutes.
still easy, since most dropped by regular monster, just farm soon or later u will get it.
then how about
Artemis Bow? the most powerful bow in the server, here the ingredients, most of it are MVP drop, farm? you think its easy? while still compete for the MVP with all full geared player.
1 x Rudra Bow[0].
1 x Ballista[0].
1 x Bow Thimble[0].
1 x Breeze Card
1 x Morrigane's Belt[0].
1 x Safety Ring[0].
1 x Arrow of Counter Evil
50 x Red Bijou
50 x Blue Bijou
50 x Yellow Bijou
50 x Green Bijou
1 Essence of Hunter
check how many of the hard to obtain ingredient can be bought from "donate" shop?

what a joke when people said SQI is most powerful equipment and it can be bought by donating

and funny how bought, shop, and donate can go in the same sentences, if real world like this, it would be like "hey donate me a million and this Ferrari is yours"

Just thought I'd point this out. You can buy the items to make an SQI, sure. You're leaving out the 100m in zeny for each of the weapons and 120m in zeny for the Brisingamen, on top of the items. You're also leaving out the 4 Seals that have to be done just to get there, which take a party to do. You either have to pay ( 20~40m zeny each Seal? ) or go with friends. It's expensive to do the second because you'll need good equips and consumables ( depending on your class ).

Your comparison is flawed btw, you still need to pay for fuel for the Ferrari, and the insurance ( both are expensive ). Oh, and a Ferrari is only a few hundred G's, not a million.

Triper

Racial insults are a big no, specially something like the one that was posted here and later removed.

They've all the information there, anyone can check their website and wiki. If you don't like the server for any X reason, don't join it *dot*

Topic closed.