ScytheRO ~ Extended Review

Started by an0n_77, Dec 07, 2009, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

an0n_77

This is the truth about ScytheRO, and why I (Gloom) have given it a negative review.

I played this server for the first time about 5 months ago.  I max leveled and max stat within the first day.  Since all the people loitering were either idle, didnt speak english, were also new, or were just simply rude, i had to figure out the mechanics of the server the old fashion way -- by talking to all of the npcs.  Meanwhile, serverside events are being broadcasted constantly, filling my chat bar.  annoying.  Well, I maxed out by using Turn Undead (i used Undead armor and preserved) on monsters that resembled wraiths in what seemed to be costum maps.  I then reset, and repeat until all stats were maxed.

Day 2 :
I entered the automated PvP event and cloaked.  I waited for everyone to die, until there was one character left.  I used full strip on him, storm gust, and double strafe with wind arrows on a 2x bloody 2x boned bow.  That was the extent of my gear aside from the evil druid armor I had obtained earlier on to make leveling less difficult. 

The defeated player began harassing me in PM's afterward, accusing me of hacking in broken english.  I discovered he had posted a complaint on the report/appeals forum.  Since I decided I couldn't argue logic with a person who couldn't comprehend my language, I shrugged it off thinking the GM's would probably confront me on the matter. 

NOPE, they straight up banned me without investigation.  I was OK with this, because the server wasnt all that impressive anyway.  I finally decide to give my unbiast opinion of the server, and they frantically start blaming other servers because I actually gave them a positive review -- and they (ScytheRO) are puzzled as to why anyone in their right mind would dare post a negative review about them?

~~~~~

Server Stability : Good
Server Availability : Good

Community : Categorized as an American server (implying there should be some form of American community), but if you can't find any Americans (or english speaking players, for that matter) don't get discouraged!  I'm sure theyre around somewhere!!  Oh?  Events?  Yeah, they're automated.  Some bloke copy/pasted source code so the staff can make as little contact with the players as possible.  This is good if, say, you want to bot on the server without getting caught?

GMs : Biast, inactive, maybe even lazy?  Dev team undoubtably has put forth some effort, but who handles population control?  who investigates the alleged socio-based reports?

Gameplay : There is an economy on this server.  As a matter of fact, a great deal of the population of the server is just the same guy running dual clients vending in the player-mall area.  WoE?  Didn't stay around for it, but given how regular PvP was (go in and get mobbed/harassed by players with overpowered donation items) it was probably just more of the same cliche of players who were actually pathetic enough to steal their daddy's money and donate to the server for superior equips vs people who dont really care and want to have fun (having their fun taken away by adolescent children). 

The server tries to pretend it's professional, but as you can see by the way it reacted to my negative review it's clearly not.
This is the truth of the matter, and I'm sure this topic will get flamed or w/e but anyone from the outside looking in -- take a look at who's posting the replies and ask if they may have bias demeanors.

GorthexTiger

Triple Bloody Boned > Double Bloody Double Boned (Unless you want the extra +10 ATK)

1.6 x 1.15 = 1.84

1.4x 1.3 = 1.82

I do find that a bit alarming though: banned for no reason at all because someone accused you of hacking?

Do they have any proof? Did he bother to take screenshots?

Sounds more like the Harlem Witch Trials.

Spoiler

No, I'm not really alarmed. Just another day in da hood yo.
[close]
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

an0n_77

i am kno maths kthx
the bow wasnt specifically for pvp.  i needed a bow for hunting medium sized mobs in general (not specifically medium demihuman) and i didnt feel like making 3~4 different combos of bows until i felt comfortable that I was going to stay with the server. 9 out of 10 times i will leave a server if the classes/pvp are unbalanced and wont look back (even if I'm the one who is overpowered.  its a pride thing).

No, there wasnt any "proof".  There was a screen shot, but it was a screenshot of the guy sitting in town yelling at me in PM's with broken english and me saying "leave me alone" and then /ex him.

Relics

Posts are being removed for off-topic, you saying staff is pro racism is a wrongful assumption on your part.

Let me remind you of the rules in this section:
Quote from: review rules
   * When writing reviews, please try to keep factors fair.  Do not involve personal feelings into your reviews.  We don't want read topics about the admin's dog being ugly.  Keep it straight forward and understandable.
   * You may post a link to the RMS listing but do not post links that lead directly to your site.  It may sound silly but we're working hard to prevent needless spam.  There is an advertisement forum just for ads.  Do not advertise in this section of the forum.
   * Try to keep debates off of review topics.  The only time a debate is allowed is to challenge a false FACT.  Facts being things that are provable to non-players.
   * Flaming and Trolling are big no-no's.  Don't post in these topics if you have an urge to just annoy people.

If you feel you cannot comply to these, I suggest you leave.
This counts for everyone who decides to go off-topic.

Keep this topic clean, let it stay on-topic or I will remove any off-topic message regardless of its content.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2009, 02:03 am
QuoteIf my replies are to be deleted, so should his.

Done

Scars