RichRO

Started by Monkey26, Jun 07, 2009, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey26

I've been playing this server for about a month now, I thought I'd give it a review here since I think some points are quite interesting. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it does stand out from the crowd to me at least. Before reading you should bear in mind the rates are 500/500/50 and max level is 175.

Okay, first off, the bad points:

There is no WoE as of yet, well it exists, but there's only 2 guilds.. and you do the math. The economy could be better because there is a low population. The drop rates are a hefty 50x, and reductions in price on some items wouldn't go amiss. Forums are a bit barren, and finding a party is hard if you're picky about what classes you want with you. There are only 2 GMs, and they are very helpful, but I sometimes feel they are trying to do too much alone and should recruit more. In all there's still some minor bugs that need ironing out.

And now what I like about this server:

Lag is almost non-existant, except when a GM goes update crazy and decides to reload NPCs every 2 minutes.. -__-". The @ commands are just right (for me), @go, @autoloot, @mi. Not a whole lot of pointless ones. The GMs are almost always on, in a week I've only seen the server bare of GMs maybe once or twice. Several times my reported bugs or suggestions have been dealt with the same day, and once within 10 minutes. This might be because of the low population, but hopefully it's because they are that committed.
There is a vote system that I have not seen before, if a player has a suggestion, the GMs will hold a vote and implement it if there is a majority. This helped humonculous @autoloot appear, which was previously disabled. Balance has been highly tweaked, instant cast is hard to get, 220 dex, but the cast times for spells aren't infuriatingly slow at max level either. I suspect there will be some balance problems with Soul Linker once the population goes up but I'm hoping they will be nerfed, since a lot of classes have already had minor adjustments to help the balance. The players are so social! There are many NPCs I haven't seen before, including some specific customs. (Although good grief why did they call their all-in-one "Sexy Kaitlin"!?).
The last thing I'm gonna mention so I don't ramble all day, the events: opening day was held recently and the first 2 could have gone better, but then they introduced something called "Novice PvP race". Best. Event. Ever. I hope they do that one again.

Overall I see this servers potential flying through the roof, if the GMs stay on track that is.

Server Rating: 80/100

jesh462

I've played on rich ro maybe a month. Not anymore unless I can't find another server...
The reason I stopped is mainly the dex requirement for instant cast. It almost forces me to play a melee character because of the high dex requirement. I think one person on the server has ever actually reached it.
There are some other things I really dislike. One is that you can level to max in a couple hours with a field manual, which just requires one vote. Of course this is only possible with leveling off of skelings, which have a slow spawn. Then there is the invasion of the guild HolyNoobs, which basically KSes everyone who tries to kill skelings.
This combined with the fact that some people were (past tense) soloing mvps with broken 3rd class skills and got a bunch of nice loot adds to my disappointment in this "mid rate" server.
If you can deal with:

a. majority of pop not speaking english
b. KSers
c. only playing melee classes
d. massively buffed mvps that are near impossible to solo - see older exploit ro review if you need more explanation
e. having worse stuff than everyone who's been around longer (because of above)
f. vit stat not affecting anything besides hp  (talking about status effects reduction/immunity, combined with fairly high card drop rates)

Then by all means go for RichRO. Make a high flee melee character like everyone else and go nuts. There is my two cents.

Final

I am not understanding why some people think its cool to post in-accurate facts about a server.  So today I wish to say the real truth about RichRO.  So first of all, yes there is/was a big population of none-english speaking people.  But RichRO has a strict rule about speaking English in Pront (They could still speak any language they wanted in PMs or any other town, field or dungeon).  This rule is very helpful for people like me and others who can only understand English.  Now MVPs are not Massively buffed, They are a little stronger than what we had originally but not by much.  You can still solo them if you try hard enough.  The "high" dex requirement for Instant cast is only 220 and max stats are 175.  That can hardly be considered impossible to get.  The server is constantly being worked on.  If a bug is found it is fixed within minutes.  The population is beyond kind.  It is true about the Field Manual that gives 300% more exp for 30 minutes.  But in my opinion that makes it just a little easier without raising the rates to high.  If some people want to raise a character a little faster they can purchase the field manual.  3-1 is in its final stages and 3-2 will be coming soon.  In my opinion, the GMs here are beyond dedicated.  The server owner is online all the time.  At one point the servers host crashed and we stayed down for a week.  Sadly in that week we lost a big amount of our population.  But now we are on a new host and a new client, and on the way to the top.  So please come join us in-game and start experiencing what real fun is. 

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Squishy

Quote from: Final on Aug 21, 2009, 09:53 PM
I am not understanding why some people think its cool to post in-accurate facts about a server.  So today I wish to say the real truth about RichRO.  So first of all, yes there in-accurats/was a big population of none-english speaking people.  But RichRO has a strict rule about speaking English in Pront (They could still speak any language they wanted in PMs or any other town, field or dungeon).  This rule is very helpful for people like me and others who can only understand English.  Now MVPs are not Massively buffed, They are a little stronger than what we had originally but not by much.  You can still solo them if you try hard enough.  The "high" dex requirement for Instant cast is only 220 and max stats are 175.  That can hardly be considered impossible to get.  The server is constantly being worked on.  If a bug is found it is fixed within minutes.  The population is beyond kind.  It is true about the Field Manual that gives 300% more exp for 30 minutes.  But in my opinion that makes it just a little easier without raising the rates to high.  If some people want to raise a character a little faster they can purchase the field manual.  3-1 is in its final stages and 3-2 will be coming soon.  In my opinion, the GMs here are beyond dedicated.  The server owner is online all the time.  At one point the servers host crashed and we stayed down for a week.  Sadly in that week we lost a big amount of our population.  But now we are on a new host and a new client, and on the way to the top.  So please come join us in-game and start experiencing what real fun is.  
Let's think this all over.

Head Monocle of DOOM

Mister Final see line two of my Sig. Thank you.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

LuTze

I'm gonna agree with Head Monocle, reviews are based on personal experience. As it happened, jesh played the server during its early stages, where a lot of what he said was true. We went through a stage where a large group of foreign players joined at the same time, making it hard for me to regulate them. This problem has since been resolved. The vit stat also did not block status changes, although this has also been changed (it was found to not help the balance the way I had hoped).

Again, all players have their own experiences and it was just unfortunate jesh played at the wrong time, instead of today where there have been massive improvements and a definite increase in player happiness all round.

Final

Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Aug 22, 2009, 04:49 AM

No duh and that was my personal opinion up to date.  I don't care if you don't like it, It's my opinion, and have the right to free speech in which I may give out MY opinion. 

-Final 

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

SilverStream~

Quote from: Final on Aug 26, 2009, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Aug 22, 2009, 04:49 AM

No duh and that was my personal opinion up to date.  I don't care if you don't like it, It's my opinion, and have the right to free speech in which I may give out MY opinion. 

-Final 

You don't seem to get what that was about.

The review is based on a personal opinion.  No one could care less about someone posting in a review.
Go make your own review then we'll listen.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GamePlay

I feel cheated out of my RO experience with RichRO.  I WoE whenever I can make it, which is pretty much every saturday,  When I go into WoE I end up being killed by O/P donators.  The reason they are O/P is due to this servers donation items.  For example there is a custom valk helm, This helm gives +5 to all stats and when you take damage it auto casts autoguard at a fairly high percentage.  After some time of watching donators in battle I noticed that this autoguard would activate quite often.  Another donator item would be a custom Tiamat wings, This item grants +50 hit.  50 extra hit makes a big difference to some classes.  This server has always been advertised as an English server, but when someone who may not speak English joins the server, they are constantly told to not speak there language in the main town of Prontera.  They are allowed to speak it any where else but just not the main town.  I have personally seen many people muted and jailed for speaking there own language.  Some can't even understand that they aren't allowed to speak there language in Prontera.  The administration is very prejudice to any player who does not speak English.  This server is populated from mostly Asia and South America.  When someone who doesn't speak very good or no English at all asks for help, They are constantly harassed about either there bad English or there own language.  The administration participates in the PvP arena constantly and abuse there powers.  At one point one GM constantly summoned a custom mob called "Bombring".  This GM used this monster to kill many players in the main town.  Another was when a different GM disguised countless players, resizing them and such.  With that being sad, have fun.

LuTze

Quote from: GamePlay on Sep 12, 2009, 07:06 PM
I feel cheated out of my RO experience with RichRO.  I WoE whenever I can make it, which is pretty much every saturday,  When I go into WoE I end up being killed by O/P donators.  The reason they are O/P is due to this servers donation items.  For example there is a custom valk helm, This helm gives +5 to all stats and when you take damage it auto casts autoguard at a fairly high percentage.  After some time of watching donators in battle I noticed that this autoguard would activate quite often.  Another donator item would be a custom Tiamat wings, This item grants +50 hit.  50 extra hit makes a big difference to some classes.  This server has always been advertised as an English server, but when someone who may not speak English joins the server, they are constantly told to not speak there language in the main town of Prontera.  They are allowed to speak it any where else but just not the main town.  I have personally seen many people muted and jailed for speaking there own language.  Some can't even understand that they aren't allowed to speak there language in Prontera.  The administration is very prejudice to any player who does not speak English.  This server is populated from mostly Asia and South America.  When someone who doesn't speak very good or no English at all asks for help, They are constantly harassed about either there bad English or there own language.  The administration participates in the PvP arena constantly and abuse there powers.  At one point one GM constantly summoned a custom mob called "Bombring".  This GM used this monster to kill many players in the main town.  Another was when a different GM disguised countless players, resizing them and such.  With that being sad, have fun.

I'm sorry you didn't like our Bombring event.
GMs are not allowed into PvP, if you had contacted an Admin directly they would be dealt with.
Also, we are not an International server. We are an English exclusive server, and our condition to play is that you are an English speaker. If you cannot speak English, RichRO is not for you.
+5 stats on a max level 175 server can not be considered overpowered, by any means.
We are very open about our donations and they can be viewed on our website.
Thanks again for trying our server, and I hope all who try it have a fun time ^^

Sarin

Quote from: LuTze on Sep 14, 2009, 04:07 PM
+5 stats on a max level 175 server can not be considered overpowered, by any means.

Note that I never ever tried out RichRO, and have no interest in, so I am unpredjudiced in this case, but I gotta point out this as too obvious bullsh*t. First, you ignore the fact that it is apparently not the only effect of the helm...the autoguard can be very important skill. Besides, no matter what rates, those +5 all stats is a lot. Best you can get off upper headgear in normal RO is +4 to one stat, +5 if you count in mid headgear. +5 to all gives you it addition to that +5% hp or, if you use vit headgear, enables to get you next ATK/MATK bonus from stats, wich is usually about 10% additional damage. I don't even count that +1 crit and a little bit of status resists, and saved stat points from agi and dex you can use wherever you like.

Anyway...just please, don't take us here as idiots.

LuTze

It takes both headgear slots... making it exactly the same as existing possible headgear combinations.
Not to mention max stats are 175, 5 is a lot less significant since it is a lower total percentage than applies to stats of 99 (which you seem to think it is for some reason).
Old fashioned balance does not apply in my server, as I have nearly all 3-1/3-2 skills implemented, auto-guard at a 3% chance, that blocks only short-range weapon attacks (with equal chance of de-activating itself) is at best, nominal.
Mummy card (a common card is +20 hit)... do you see where I'm going?
+50 hit to lose an important headgear slot (the wings offer no defence, nor are they slotted) is hardly game breaking, especially when 3rd class skills allow flee approaching the 800~900 mark.

If you consider it overpowered come and try it out for yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you actually tried the server. I am not popular, I realise - there is a lot of jealousy/players angry about my strict enforcement of the rules, but I sure as hell know what I'm doing, both in terms of programming and in terms of creating fair items. - If you need any further proof of my credentials, check the source code of any server with 3rd classes, my name is right in it!

At any rate, I will no longer reply to this thread. It's not appropriate since I own the server, everyone is entitled to an opinion, just make sure you have your facts straight before you go on a tangent with inaccurate statements.

Metafalica

3rd classes balanced? I think I just peed. After level 99 every level makes it less and less balanced since the entirety of RO's mechanics is based off of 99. Monsters become a moot point in the game, gear becomes force-fed with autoloot, big numbers.. when its funny if you divide those numbers by their placement they're still just doing ratio damage to max health anyways.

There is no such thing as "RO Game Balance" after 99. It will all be a nice attempt, but failed in the end.. and if you dare to call third classes at ALL balanced I laugh at you. They arnt even created for the RO game mechanics, theyre created for Renewal mechanics. There is no way in hell that skills that overpowered can be considered balanced with the current game mechanics.

Might aswell remove babies from the server since they serve no purpose anymore, GS, Super Novice aswell, Ninja, and all the first class armor and items. No more perma 2nd classes, no more trans items.

Where did the fun go? Lurk 2 PVP. Yeah, thats totally what RO is about.

PS: Kudos. English speaking servers ftw, if they are remotely worthwhile. In this case, not.

LuTze

We are adopting the Renewal mechanics you might be interested to know.

Obviously you are among those that dislike 3rd classes, in which case, your beef is with Gravity and the classes themselves, not my server.

There are plenty of players wishing to try them out and have fun, and that is who my server is aimed at. Since you are not in my target audience, clearly you would not enjoy it.

Metafalica

There are no Renewal Mechanics >.> Its in a constant state of flux, kRo is still editing/adding/deleting/moving things every week. Bubblegum players .-.