RichRO

Started by Monkey26, Jun 07, 2009, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

Rock Paper Scissors =/= RO. tata

Actually, individually, yes RO is like that, when you put the classes together though..

Annihilate

Drooping Bunny (Item ID# 16009)

Awww... it's so cute. Rabbits have an accute sense of danger and are known for burrowing.
Adds a small chance of autocasting Level 3 Hiding.
Enables use of Level 1 Tunnel Drive.

GamePlay

I would also like to point out that RichRO was hiring new GMs a little while back.  As the admin said, he would hire two GMs.  One PR GM and one Developer GM.  The admin in fact hired a 2 PR GMs although one is now a scripter.  When the scripter GM was hired the other PR GM quit...and now, That GM that quit was rehired under a new name unknown to anyone, and a third GM was hired...None of this was advertised to anyone.  The population is losing its say in the server...I honestly think this is unfair to all people who play RichRO.  But like I said before, have fun.

LuTze

Quote from: GamePlay on Sep 24, 2009, 01:56 AM
I would also like to point out that RichRO was hiring new GMs a little while back.  As the admin said, he would hire two GMs.  One PR GM and one Developer GM.  The admin in fact hired a 2 PR GMs although one is now a scripter.  When the scripter GM was hired the other PR GM quit...and now, That GM that quit was rehired under a new name unknown to anyone, and a third GM was hired...None of this was advertised to anyone.  The population is losing its say in the server...I honestly think this is unfair to all people who play RichRO.  But like I said before, have fun.

What has this got to do with anything? I'm a professional programmer, I need the staff to be in game while I program...
The players get more professional GM presence (I know all my GMs personally, and they're all 18+ with real public service experience), and I get to update quicker.

Maybe you're one of the 15 bots we banned yesterday, and don't like how you can't get away with cheating anymore.

Green

Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Aug 22, 2009, 04:49 AM
See line two of my Sig. Thank you.

I feel a need to requote this. =\

RO classes have always been Rock, Paper, Scissors when it comes down to who beats who.
Hence why guilds get an assortment of classes, rather than just all running in as priests or sins.
Hence why certain classes train at certain mobs. They have abilities made for dealing with certain characteristics. Characteristics which are reflected in other classes.

I'm of the opinion even with a max of 99, RO isn't balanced. =P

GamePlay;
Most servers don't advertise who their new GMs legits/names are.. nor do they get rest-of-server input as to who should be the new GM. XD

SilverStream~

Quote from: GamePlay on Sep 24, 2009, 01:56 AM
I would also like to point out that RichRO was hiring new GMs a little while back.  As the admin said, he would hire two GMs.  One PR GM and one Developer GM.  The admin in fact hired a 2 PR GMs although one is now a scripter.  When the scripter GM was hired the other PR GM quit...and now, That GM that quit was rehired under a new name unknown to anyone, and a third GM was hired...None of this was advertised to anyone.  The population is losing its say in the server...I honestly think this is unfair to all people who play RichRO.  But like I said before, have fun.

The hiring process is one that the admin is in charge of, and his decision whatever it is, is the one that stands.  Often employers hire more, or different kinds of people(with another job background for example), instead of what was advertised or set as what they wanted.  To say it short when someone wants to hire a new employee, it often ends up not being exactly what he thought it would be.

I have a background in marketing, public communications, beta testing and even electro engineering.  Right now I'm working two jobs at a store(gamestop lol) and a gaming magazine, both of them hired me due to my current situation, not my background.

Based on his situation and what he then saw needed, I say it's wrong of you to comment on his new gm's this way.

I mean if you put it in a more professional picture, gravity can do what they want in terms of hiring people, and the players get no say at all.  Private server players should be considered lucky that they can affect the server so much.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GamePlay

Why persay do you always think that someone who has an opinion of a server is a hacker/botter/overall bad person?  Could I not just be someone who wants to have a good time?  And as for what everyone has said about the hiring process, I'll admit, you are right. But when I pick up a newspaper and look for the help wanted section I see people wanting to hire someone They will say what they want, what you need, and what ever else they wish to say.  In this case, how exactly does he know what hes getting?  In my honest opinion, its is impossible to know this when doing something in a game.  If it is..then wow lol.  I do understand the fact that he would need assistance but there is such a thing as over-hiring.

SilverStream~

Maybe the admin is young?

It might just be that he found someone he liked and thought would fit well for the job.
Anyways, bed time.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GorthexTiger

@Staff of RichRO
Quote from: Final on Aug 26, 2009, 09:30 PM
I don't care if you don't like it, It's my opinion, and have the right to free speech in which I may give out MY opinion. 

Whats the point of arguing anymore or even trying to rebuttle his points?

It's his review, it's HIS opinion.

No one cares about what you have to say: it's his experience about your server. You got an experience on a server?

Then do a review.

Shut up for a second, and let HIM have HIS first amendment rights yah?

Maybe, you should take it with a grain of salt, and take a little constructive criticism and see what you can do to fix any future problems that are like the ones he's describing.

And seriously coming in on RMS to try to rebuttle and argue and be "correct"? What are you gonna get out of that? The damage was already done when he first posted the topic.

You could've gone two ways with this.

A) Not replied to this thread, have the community take it at face value, and let it die and fall into the pile of forum server reviews.
Important Question: How many will have read it? At Max: 50

B) Invite all your staff to come in here, and have a mudslinging match with the person who gave you a review of your server,
assuming their review is based on the fact that they were "possibly" a bot you banned.

For each bump that occurs, you get AT LEAST 10 more people to read this topic, and those 10 more people get to read about
how "awful" your server is while they get to see your staff in an online verbal fist fight with the reviewer, trying to discredit
them so that in the end your server isn't tarnished by the mud they have been slinging.

Quote from: LuTze on Sep 24, 2009, 07:49 AM
I know all my GMs personally, and they're all 18+ with real public service experience.

Anyone can have a job @ McDonalds.

That's "Public Service" experience.

And just because they have experience, =/= that they are good at it.

Additionally, age =/= maturity. People do s*** all the time because they are irresponsible or don't take responsibility for their
actions. Being a particular age has nothing to do with how mature you are.

Maturity == Maturity.

What you have been doing this entire time, is making your server look worse. You come in here, attempt to derail and defend your
server's reputation by slinging more mud. And in the end, you expect that after this "mudslinging contest" you, your reputation, and your
server will be unscathed, as if you had worn a wedding dress and came out brighter on the otherside.

I would've hoped that if his review didn't have any basis, you wouldn't have had to respond at all.

And sadly enough, I had wanted to play on your server, considering I see a lot of posts from you on eA and you seem like a nice person
(this was of course, when I first started to script and go to eA regularly).

[/endrant]

Done now.

Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

RelaxDude

Looking at all the bad reviews, I could'nt help staying in the dark anymore.

What has this got to do with anything? I'm a professional programmer, I need the staff to be in game while I program...
The players get more professional GM presence (I know all my GMs personally, and they're all 18+ with real public service experience), and I get to update quicker.

Maybe you're one of the 15 bots we banned yesterday, and don't like how you can't get away with cheating anymore.

You were saying, 15 bots "YOU" banned yesterday? Please, who were the ones hunting for bots? Your precious GM team?
NO!
You and your GM team did'nt do anything in hunting those bots. Its those players in your server who were searching for them.
And i agree with GamePlay, we are just giving our opinions. Why do you have to be so defensive about it? Are you guilty of what we have said? Or perhaps you are guilty, and trying very hard to cover up your guilts, but failed.

Anyways, if the server is so great, then why are there so many bad comments here. And notice, these comments are all charging towards your method of running the server.

Talking about donations, let me guess, your main aim of running the server is to get as much money out of your players as possible? Don't tell me its not necessary to donate. I know its not a must, but from my point of view, you are making it a must. How is that?

By removing the warp to all levels of dungeon, making the donors to have advantage of getting a +10 armor more easily (by the use of Enriched Elus in VIP room), whats next?
Selling MVP cards and Mini Bosses Cards to players? Or maybe you have already done it, and yet no one knows about it or perhaps do not have enough evidence to prove you are doing it?

GamePlay

QuoteI know all my GMs personally, and they're all 18+ with real public service experience

I want to point out that that is 100% BullCrap.  I know for a fact, that you do not know ALL of your GMs personally.  In fact, you only know two as I recall.  Now how can you even know for a fact that they are all 18+?  I remember a few months ago I met someone on RO, they told me they were 16.  They were in fact 14.  Interesting eh?  I wonder, since that person was capable of lying...Could any of your staff be to?

LuTze

Quote from: Catalyst on Sep 24, 2009, 10:16 PM
@Staff of RichRO
I don't care if you don't like it, It's my opinion, and have the right to free speech in which I may give out MY opinion. 

You haven't read the thread. This is exactly what I said a few pages back. No one is arguing this.

And working at McDonald's is better than being 14 with no job, no one should think they're above having such a job. I work behind a computer for days, often going 2 or 3 weeks without pay. Sometimes I WISH I worked a stable job like McDonalds.

It's more than obvious none of you are posting here to give a review. Can an admin delete all posts that aren't actually reviews because this arguing is getting ridiculous.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: LuTze on Sep 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
Quote from: Catalyst on Sep 24, 2009, 10:16 PM
@Staff of RichRO

You haven't read the thread. This is exactly what I said a few pages back. No one is arguing this.

And working at McDonald's is better than being 14 with no job, no one should think they're above having such a job. I work behind a computer for days, often going 2 or 3 weeks without pay. Sometimes I WISH I worked a stable job like McDonalds.

It's more than obvious none of you are posting here to give a review. Can an admin delete all posts that aren't actually reviews because this arguing is getting ridiculous.

Den wai u still heruh?
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

RelaxDude

QuoteCan an admin delete all posts that aren't actually reviews because this arguing is getting ridiculous.

Are you trying to get rid of my post? Is it because you are guilty of what I wrote, and trying to get rid of the evidence on selling of MVP and mini boss cards?

LuTze

Quote from: RelaxDude on Sep 25, 2009, 11:05 AM
QuoteCan an admin delete all posts that aren't actually reviews because this arguing is getting ridiculous.

Are you trying to get rid of my post? Is it because you are guilty of what I wrote, and trying to get rid of the evidence on selling of MVP and mini boss cards?

I was just under the impression that this was a review thread. Ya know, for reviews...

But, it doesn't matter. The casual players who my server is for, aren't the people who would post here anyway. People who like my server are already playing there, so it's all moot.

But thank you for playing, and sorry we didn't match your ideal server. Keep looking ^^