RichRO

Started by Monkey26, Jun 07, 2009, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

QuoteThere is no such thing as "RO Game Balance" after 99.

Actually up until level 162 (with the stats capped at base 130) is when it starts to get more imbalanced, because after that, for some reason, the tables like to fluxuate and bonuses become more.. dramatic than before hand.

Metafalica

In my opinion, and an opinion that is widely shared, if you dare to go over 99 without taking the few weeks to re-write all the game mechanics to fit such, (Sides adding 3rd classes) there is no possible balance. It becomes a matter of which enemies are ohko'd, can't hit because of flee, PD is thrown out of the window, a lot of features become moot, status need to be re-written, elemental property charts need to be lowered. Damage percents become incremential and need to be fixed.. when you heighten base stats, base level and job level a lot of other things need to be brought 'down' not 'up' percent wise. Then it starts to get.. OVD.

I agree though, it is possible with the current mechanics to get around 150 or so with a balance (sort of imba) but when you put 3rd classes into the picture it becomes a kafuffle, not worth it. They arn't completed, nobody should even be touching them yet.

LuTze

As am I... x_x

I'm not sure this is the right place for this discussion at any rate.

Anyone, including Server Owners interested in my Renewal project may PM me.

I'm sorry you don't approve of 3rd classes and the Renewal schema, but it's not fair to call my server not worthwhile. Plenty of talent and hard work has gone into creating things so far, including pushing the boundries for other servers (I am also LuTze on the eAthena forums - the same one who released a 3rd Classes project DIFF long before Malufetts team, as well as contributing the Warlock skills to Malufetts team after I closed my releases due to XRays latest revelations).
If we don't do them now, they won't be ready for months, or even a year after official release. Like or not, teams like mine, Malufetts, even LimitRO are ensuring the future for those who appreciate the Renewal.

The way I see it, RO is stale and I'm eager to introduce new changes, even if they must be treated as a customisation at this stage.

Sarin

I took a look through your customs before replying...
Quote from: LuTze on Sep 15, 2009, 02:33 PM
It takes both headgear slots... making it exactly the same as existing possible headgear combinations.
Name it. I haven't found it among your customs.
Not to mention max stats are 175, 5 is a lot less significant since it is a lower total percentage than applies to stats of 99 (which you seem to think it is for some reason).
There isn't a huge dropoff in signifcance of stats as you seem to think. The damage difference in % is about the same between 120 and 130 str as is between 190 and 200 str. Vit also adds 1% of hp/point...and those 5 to all stats is still a lot.
Old fashioned balance does not apply in my server, as I have nearly all 3-1/3-2 skills implemented,
So no balance at all...3rd classes at non-renewal enviroment? Oh wow....900ish flee? You're a joker...
Mummy card (a common card is +20 hit)... do you see where I'm going?
+50 hit to lose an important headgear slot (the wings offer no defence, nor are they slotted) is hardly game breaking, especially when 3rd class skills allow flee approaching the 800~900 mark.
*laughs* now this is fantastic. Losing a headgear slot? Oh come on...there is no lower slotted headgear among your customs. Out of those lower headgears, this is by far best. You've said it yourself...with that flee values you're gonna need every point of hit you can get. And mummy card? It's weapon....irrelevant to this topic.
If you consider it overpowered come and try it out for yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you actually tried the server. I am not popular, I realise - there is a lot of jealousy/players angry about my strict enforcement of the rules, but I sure as hell know what I'm doing, both in terms of programming and in terms of creating fair items. - If you need any further proof of my credentials, check the source code of any server with 3rd classes, my name is right in it!
I'm not wasting time with server giving obvious bonuses to donators. Besides, it has some fishy smell about it...the way it's laid out...donator headgears are among normal customs, and you have to do some poking around to actually find out they are donators only....
At any rate, I will no longer reply to this thread. It's not appropriate since I own the server, everyone is entitled to an opinion, just make sure you have your facts straight before you go on a tangent with inaccurate statements.

Go ahead...like I said, I don't give a damn about your server. But I do give a damn when someone starts throwing around inaccurate stuff, especially when it makes his server looks better.

LuTze

I'm not sure what you're talking about. We have a very limited list of customs. The items I'm referring to are the official items... you know the ones that come with RO ^^

There are zero donator exclusive items, the items you can donate for are also obtainable by everyone.
That's why you're having trouble finding what's donator exclusive, because nothing is.

I hate people jumping down my throat over things they haven't even seen for themselves. You said yourself, you've not tried the server.
Anything you can say it's just heresy and guesswork.

Yes, the balance of 3rd classes is radically different from non-3rd classes. An Archbishop can kill an Assassin Cross, but a Guillotine Cross will always kill an Archbishop. But I'm also not claiming class balance is the only thing making my server.
I spent weeks looking for the right staff, who are currently putting their heart and soul into creating server personality. Quest storylines based on real life experiences, items with humorous backstories etc.

Please don't try and judge things that you haven't experienced. It's fun to play. That's it. We're not professional RO players, I'd hope people would have fun on my server, not get fat and sad grinding away just for pixelated victory over others.

Sarin

Quote from: LuTze on Sep 15, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. We have a very limited list of customs. The items I'm referring to are the official items... you know the ones that come with RO ^^

The only headgear with such power in normal RO database is LKH, wich is, not surprisingly, unobtainable by normal means. So I really can't count that
There are zero donator exclusive items, the items you can donate for are also obtainable by everyone. That's why you're having trouble finding what's donator exclusive, because nothing is.
Actually, after some poking...let's take a look at your custom valkyrie helm. Dropped by-nothing. Poking through quest database on your forums-oh, there is no quest for that either. So how does one get it-oh, it's donation reward....

Disprove please...looking forward to it :D

Metafalica

QuoteYes, the balance of 3rd classes is radically different from non-3rd classes. An Archbishop can kill an Assassin Cross, but a Guillotine Cross will always kill an Archbishop.

So in other words, no balance. Job Class Rock Paper Scissors =/= Balance.

LuTze

Quote from: Sarin on Sep 15, 2009, 05:35 PM

The only headgear with such power in normal RO database is LKH, wich is, not surprisingly, unobtainable by normal means. So I really can't count that
There are zero donator exclusive items, the items you can donate for are also obtainable by everyone. That's why you're having trouble finding what's donator exclusive, because nothing is.
Actually, after some poking...let's take a look at your custom valkyrie helm. Dropped by-nothing. Poking through quest database on your forums-oh, there is no quest for that either. So how does one get it-oh, it's donation reward....

Disprove please...looking forward to it :D

Purchased in game with the variable #CASHPOINTS, a.k.a. Rich Points, obtainable through Voting, Events and Donations.
Would you like screenshots of players winning said events?

And to Metafalica, have you ever seen an Assassin kill a priest pre trans days? Didn't think so.
People HATED trans when it came out, said RO was ruined forever. They said there was no balance, and it was the end of the World, but now they love it. Same thing here, people like you hate 3rd classes, but there are many who don't.

I really don't get why you're denouncing my server, I am running a tight ship and working hard to provide my players with a new experience. (And my players love 3rd classes - or they wouldn't be my players now, would they?)

Sarin

Quote from: LuTze on Sep 15, 2009, 05:43 PM
Purchased in game with the variable #CASHPOINTS, a.k.a. Rich Points, obtainable through Voting, Events and Donations.
Would you like screenshots of players winning said events?
Just tell me, how much points you need to get the helm, and how much points you get for voting and events? Just the fact it is there means nothing as long as it is not realistically obtainable.

Btw...you're saying that it's all guess on my part. Okay, but unless I wanna spend most of my time trying out servers I eventually won't like, I gotta guess...

Huh...and want me to prove why 3rd classes are without Renewal unbalanced?

LuTze

The helm is 1000 points, you can earn up to 12 points per day by voting, and up to 300 points for an event/competition. Points are tradeable/vendable by being converted into an item called a Premium Ticket (1 Ticket to 100 points).

Sarin

Okay.

Makes me wonder why, instead of pointlessly saying it is balanced and making me go angry, you just haven't pointed out that he can get it too without donating.

Metafalica

It's still imba. Everyone many a guillotine cross, you'll never lose. TNT always beats rock paper and scissors.

Sarin

LuTze

I assumed you all realised this already.
Hence I didn't understand why you were all going off the rails =\

But Guillotine Cross is definitely not the most powerful class. They often lose to Rune Knight who in turn lose to Warlock, who lose to Ranger.

There is no perfect balance in any server, and believe me, I've played a lot.

You can say what you like without playing it, but there is a reasonable balance here, whatever you think.
Not that you should be posting here anyway, you have no intention of even trying the server, so in reality it's nothing to do with you how I run my server, and what modifications I make.

Metafalica

I'm reviewing a feature of your server. I'm done though, Just so you know. =x Il let Sarin say things for me now, otherwise it just becomes spam, and I don't mind if he spams, but I mind if I spam. :D

Rock Paper Scissors =/= RO. tata