Revival of RO - It starts from the top

Started by Crimefridge, May 07, 2016, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daeron

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:21 PM
I've gotten my Archer / Acolyte / Mage grinds down pat. They are easy classes to level with little to no gear and I've used them again and again to reach the high levels quickly.

But that's not even the point. You don't have to play if you think the "rates" aren't high enough. You can go and play on a 5x-500x server which is just fine. I think to critise the "rates" of a server is the most stupid thing to do... I mean... you chose low rate. oO  /swt

Crimefridge

Quote from: Daeron on May 08, 2016, 11:24 PM
But that's not even the point. You don't have to play if you think the "rates" aren't high enough. You can go and play on a 5x-500x server which is just fine. I think to critise the "rates" of a server is the most stupid thing to do... I mean... you chose low rate. oO  /swt

I chose a low rate and I'd choose one again. The issue is that this server isn't logical on what mobs get what rates, and it hurt the very party play the dev was attempting to create.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:26 PM
I chose a low rate and I'd choose one again. The issue is that this server isn't logical on what mobs get what rates, and it hurt the very party play the dev was attempting to create.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I believe that the experience distribution is vastly better than the original Ragnarok. It's not perfect, sure. But still many times better.

Hurt party play... hmm, I've seen a lot of people partying with each other to hunt and mob. So I don't know where you're getting your info from, you probably made it up like how green potions cure silence

kagekomori

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:26 PM
So you get to choose what's logical, and what's not? This is based on your experience playing Ragnarok. Not many people share the same experiences as you. Suddenly the world revolves around you right?

You have yet to play this server to it's fullest potential, and yet you criticize everything it has to offer. It would be nice to not play off of assumptions.

Crimefridge

Quote from: kagekomori on May 08, 2016, 11:31 PM
So you get to choose what's logical, and what's not? This is based on your experience playing Ragnarok. Not many people share the same experiences as you. Suddenly the world revolves around you right?

You have yet to play this server to it's fullest potential, and yet you criticize everything it has to offer. It would be nice to not play off of assumptions.

My purpose in making this post was to let people know what they are in for if they choose Revival of Ragnarok Online. You, the admin, along with all of the other admin's posse, have demonstrated exactly why you should not go there.

Blinzer

CrimeFridge, buddy, buddy, I'm gonna have to stop you right there. You're doing way too much of that chronic lying right now.

First of all, you used green pot to remove the silence from bongun? w-w-w-w what? just what? LOL

Spoiler
[close]

Confiscating your character? What? Dude, you have nothing to do with me giving your character out. You invented it. I am literally the most benevolent person you're going to find. I saw you left the server and decided that since it was just omega, I could spare one of my players the time of having to level up a priest, and I gave it out. When you came back it was a surprise to me, but I returned your character to you relatively quickly( < 10 minutes after you logged on with the new character). Why do you keep omitting that fact? I gave it back to you dude, and explained it to you exactly why it was gone. Come on, man. You're better than this.

I'm the one who made this thing, and I'm telling you you're not looking in the right places. If you're convinced that your opinion of playing on the server for < 2 days is more informed than mine who has been working on it for a year and a half, you're free to think so, but don't say I didn't try to help you understand after. That's all it is, man.

Lastly, pre-trans experience to reach level 99 on my server is 10 million exp, while on the official it's 100 million exp. You're calling "nerfs" on my experience values by stating numbers without knowing how I changed the experience curve for levels, and you didn't even ask me before you fired shots on me.

I tried to help you in game, answered all your questions promptly, and you come here and make this mess for me. Why?

Crimefridge

Quote from: Blinzer on May 08, 2016, 11:36 PM

I tried to help you in game, answered all your questions promptly, and you come here and make this mess for me. Why?

Do you honestly think the way you've behaved, here in this forum, has demonstrated any sort of "helpfulness"? How can you deceive yourself into thinking you are the good guy here?

And again, I love how you're claiming you "gave away my character out of kindness" when you directly stated in-game that you did so as a response to "me being an idiot and a f***". Why do you keep lying? Oh, the server reputation that you've already destroyed here in this very thread demonstrating your own lack of tact and intelligence.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:39 PM
Do you honestly think the way you've behaved, here in this forum, has demonstrated any sort of "helpfulness"? How can you deceive yourself into thinking you are the good guy here?

He said in game.

He's very helpful in game, which is something important to note.

His behavior in the earlier posts leaves a lot to be wanted. Can't blame the guy. He was reacting to someone bad-mouthing his work for 2 years without a basis. As we have shown that you're making stuff up.

But you're going to leave out the fact that the experience cap being reduced from 100M to 10M is nothing? You're going to ignore the fact that you claim green potions cure silence and you've mobbed at Bongun?

You're just a liar, plain and simple.

Crimefridge

Quote from: whiteboi on May 08, 2016, 11:40 PM

You'r just a liar, plain and simple.
Yeah, I'm lying about the complete and utter harassment in-game I've received.

No wait, I didn't and people have corroborated the entire event, while the admin comes on here and proves that.

kagekomori

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:35 PM
My purpose in making this post was to let people know what they are in for if they choose Revival of Ragnarok Online. You, the admin, along with all of the other admin's posse, have demonstrated exactly why you should not go there.
Please tell me the reason. As a new player on this server I am enjoying the adventures so far.

It's hard to tell people what they are in for, when this server is not officially opened, and you have yet to explore this server's changes/give up when normal leveling strategies don't work. I'm open to changes from the old Ragnarok, and experience new things.

I guess I would like to know, why would you write a review on a server that isn't officially opened. Things are still being changed as it goes. I understand you don't get along with the gm, but it takes two to tango.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:46 PM

No wait, I didn't and people have corroborated the entire event, while the admin comes on here and proves that.

NO no, you're lying about the experience on the server. Saying you've done this and that when you have not. You've lied about your leveling experience on the server, even though the bulk of your post (outside of how you were treated) was about leveling! You've lied about "consuming a green potion to cure silence" and complaining about the balance of the game, when you've made up a lot of your experience in your original post.

The way you've been treated was grossly mishandled, i agree with you. But your post should have been about how the GM acted against you. But you being mistreated and the server having bad mechanics, are two different things.

And please don't take me words out of context to fit your needs. I claim that you lied because you did about the server. I even stated that i felt you were mistreated in my first post. Nowhere did I claim that you were NOT mistreated. Nowhere did anyone claim that he didn't transfer your character. (He also gave it back promptly, which is also important).

Crimefridge

Quote from: kagekomori on May 08, 2016, 11:48 PM
I understand you don't get along with the gm, but it takes two to tango.

Having your character confiscated in response to a bad review is almost undeniably enough reason to avoid a server altogether.

Add on to the fact you have the admin showing in this very thread the type of person he truly is and you can see exactly why people would not choose to play on RoRO.

Could the admin leveled counterpoints and had a polite discussion about my review and explain his changes, etc, maybe I would have changed it?

But that didn't happen... he confiscated my character and publicly shamed me with harassment.

So... what's there to understand? It's red flag after red flag. Whether you like the guy is irrelevant; he's shown his incompetence as admin and that's more than enough to dissuade players from ever picking up this server.

Blinzer

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:39 PM

And again, I love how you're claiming you "gave away my character out of kindness" when you directly stated in-game that you did so as a response to "me being an idiot and a f***". Why do you keep lying? Oh, the server reputation that you've already destroyed here in this very thread demonstrating your own lack of tact and intelligence.

They're my actions, and I am confirming to you that I didn't do it because you bad mouthed the server, but because I thought you were gone. The proof speaks for itself, because you got your character back almost immediately with no hesitation. So, I have a better question for you. Do you wanna have a bad time? Because if you take one more step, you're really not going to like what comes next.

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:46 PM

You never actually said we harassed you in game up until now, so it's curious that you only bring it up at this point in time. Now that you mention it though, I'm not afraid to say that the whole community united together to protect the server from someone who is lying to ruin it. My community stands strong against people like you.

Crimefridge

Quote from: Blinzer on May 08, 2016, 11:52 PM
They're my actions, and I am confirming to you that I didn't do it because you bad mouthed the server, but because I thought you were gone. The proof speaks for itself, because you got your character back almost immediately with no hesitation. So, I have a better question for you. Do you wanna have a bad time? Because if you take one more step, you're really not going to like what comes next.

You never actually said we harassed you in game up until now, so it's curious that you only bring it up at this point in time. Now that you mention it though, I'm not afraid to say that the whole community banded together against you for lying and trying to ruin the server. My community stands strong against people like you.

So you're going to ignore the whole "verbally harassing attacking" part and justify it because my "review lied"? But it didn't, did it?

Also, I love how you're threatening me here. Absolutely love it. If you want to bring a legal case against me, I'd love to see how you'd possibly win with all the harassment piled against your favor. Should I countersue for mental stress caused by the event?

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:52 PM
Having your character confiscated in response to a bad review is almost undeniably enough reason to avoid a server altogether.

Add on to the fact you have the admin showing in this very thread the type of person he truly is and you can see exactly why people would not choose to play on RoRO.

Could the admin leveled counterpoints and had a polite discussion about my review and explain his changes, etc, maybe I would have changed it?

But that didn't happen... he confiscated my character and publicly shamed me with harassment.

So... what's there to understand? It's red flag after red flag. Whether you like the guy is irrelevant; he's shown his incompetence as admin and that's more than enough to dissuade players from ever picking up this server.

Yes GM Blinzer could have handled a lot of things differently. But let me paint you the complete picture. First off you're mostly complaining now about how you were treated. Because everything you've said earlier is a complete lie. About the leveling and the game mechanics. You made it up. I believe that much we can agree on.

So, here is GM Blinzer making an RO server unique, to the best of his abilities. He's been working on this project for a 18 months. I've been with him for 12 of those months working out the kinks. He's on nearly all the time. He does get into a lull sometimes because of the amount of changes and work that is required, which I cannot blame him for.

Then comes a day where he opens the server in an Omega Phase. His server that he's been working on for 18 months released to the public, then enters YOU, Crimefridge (Dynamic Thrust).

Play the game for 10 hours (or more) as you've stated. Can't level with your usual strategies so you come onto RMS to post a review that has no substantial claim.

Now, as GM Blinzer. You've poured 18 months into crafting a unique RO experience, then comes this liar. How would you have responded?

Calm? level-headed? Talked about 'why you don't like this server'

Or would you have reacted, the way GM Blinzer did? Can you blame him for going off on a liar?

IF he went off on someone who had valid points and supported his claims with support, then that would be a different story