Revival of RO - It starts from the top

Started by Crimefridge, May 07, 2016, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimefridge

Quote from: Blinzer on May 08, 2016, 02:08 PM

After you posted your dumb donkey review on the server, I gave your character away to someone else because it was implied you were leaving. You came back onto the server to drop s*** in town only to find your character gone, and tried to make a big deal out of it while everyone made fun of you for being a retard. I then reinstated your character to you(against my better judgement because I knew you were a s***), and you immediately proceeded to s*** the town up by throwing items on the floor. The funny thing is you waste yourself on worthless concepts like "being professional" and "not calling people nerds and noobs", but I never laid a finger on you and you're the one here lying about things you don't know about like the scum s*** f*** you are.

Do I need to even respond to this? You have completely demonstrated your lack of maturity, on your own, without my coaxing. You are not ready for a Ragnarok server.

I also love how you're trying to downplay the removal of the character part by claiming that I "implied I was leaving", since you know that doing so makes you look really, really bad and that's why RMS has a Server Report function on their page. I almost considered doing some side-by-side of monsters at 1x on RMS and @mi on your server to solidify my point about how bonkers your exp nerfing is, but I didn't feel like reinstalling the client nor giving your server another second of my time.

Your server is beyond "nerfing easy grind spots". It nerfed random mobs like Wootan Shooters to 1/10, while keeping common grinding spots like Archer Skeleton / Soldier Skeleton / Bongun at near the same exp. The main reason I quit is because when I sat down and tried to hash out where to level with my party, I spent a whole hour comparing every monster's exp that you set to the RMS values and came to the conclusion of: well, it's either I mob Orc Skeletons or get strong enough to group in Ice Dungeon. Not an exaggeration. The exp nerfing was disgusting.

So yeah, you could blow Blue Gemstones spamming Resurrection with Lex Aeterna, on mobs that give virtually no exp whatsoever. Or, you could use the gimped Magnus Exorcismus and get more exp farming Orc Skeletons / Munak / Bongun.

Pretty easy decision there.

kagekomori

I don't think a server should receive a review before it is officially opened.

I first started playing on this server during the Omega-phase (May 1st), I was tired of the regular same old Ragnarok I've been playing on and off for 11 years. I usually don't play low rates, but for some reason this server caught my attention.

It's been a week now since I started playing this server. I've met the server owner Blinzer, and many other players who started playing (or have been playing this server). Blinzer is not the nicest person in the world, but once you get to know him, he's a cool guy. He's very dedicated in improving his server in his own way, and will find ways to balance the classes in his version of RO(I've been getting my class nerfed due to being OP).
When you join someone else's sever, they offer you their ideal server. You might not agree with everything offered in the server, but unless you try to meet half way in understanding the changes he made, you're not going to enjoy this server.

You had a bad experience in this server. Sometimes it happens when you try a new server with different mechanics. I looked at both sides of the story, and it seemed you made the initial spark to this drama by trying to tell the people in game the your thoughts about this server. You could've left without trying to convince other people/making a big commotion in game.

(Would like to point out being called  "plebs, noobs, nerds", if you take this seriously, you are not made for the internet)

In the end I would like to say, this is not Ragnarok we have always played. The world, ai , items, skills are all different. As a gamer, we need to adapt to changes. If we stick to the same old tactics, we would not survive.

Bue

Quote from: kagekomori on May 08, 2016, 10:28 PM

HOLY SHIT.

You join this forum 6 years ago (2010) and never made a post until now.

I am not even high. This is an exciting find.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 10:26 PM
But news flash, your server is beyond "nerfing easy grind spots". It nerfed random crap like Wootan Shooters to 1/10, while keeping common grinding spots like Archer Skeleton / Soldier Skeleton / Bongun at near the same exp. The main reason I quit is because when I sat down and tried to hash out where to level with my party, I spent a whole hour comparing every monster's exp that you set to the RMS values and came to the conclusion of: well, it's either I mob Orc Skeletons or get strong enough to group in Ice Dungeon. Not an exaggeration. The exp nerfing was disgusting.

So yeah, you could blow Blue Gemstones spamming Resurrection with Lex Aeterna, on mobs that give virtually no exp whatsoever. Or, you could use the gimped Magnus Exorcismus and get more exp farming Orc Skeletons / Munak / Bongun.

I'm sorry, but this is something i have to strongly disagree with. As a priest, you're saying that you only have 2 leveling spots? mobbing orc skeletons or partying for ice dungeon? That's a load of hooey. Have you tried heal bombing glast heim prison? Have you tried killing ancient mummies, have you tried ME/SANC normal mummies?

You took the easy way. Mobbing orc skeletons (giving 160 base exp per kill) is super safe and easy. Low risk = low rewards
Mobbing mummies (gives 260 base exp) slightly harder than orc skeletons. Average risk = average rewards
Mobbing Zombie/Skeleton prisoners (gives 650 base exp) is a lot harder. high risk = high rewards.

**as a note, i'm 99% sure you never even mobbed/leveled at Munak or Bongun, because you'd mention their new changed ai which makes them extremely challenging; Bongun gives 300 base exp because he charges at you and silences you. Making the fight tougher**

So yeah, you could blow Blue Gemstones spamming Resurrection with Lex Aeterna, on mobs that give virtually no exp whatsoever.

LEX + RESURRECT on Ancient Mummy (which gives 1400 base exp) is "virtually no exp whatsoever"??? I'm sorry but that's just plain not true and you're lying

Crimefridge

Quote from: Blinzer on May 08, 2016, 04:48 PM
He then proceeds to log onto his character, drop all his items, quit the game, come on this forum and say I deleted his character anyways in a server report. I may just sue him for defamation, since I don't think his efforts to try to ruin this server's reputation should go in vain.

Oh I'm sorry, is the effective difference of confiscating a character and deleting a character not the same end result? Should I resettle my wording? Because what clearly occurred, is that you vindictively lashed out against me because of my review by removing access to my character. That is a despicable action and your server's reputation deserves to suffer for your actions, and the way you have conducted yourself in this thread is but another substantial stack of evidence against you and more evidence to my claims.

aneeshbk

Do I need to even respond to this? You have completely demonstrated your lack of maturity, on your own, without my coaxing. You are not ready for a Ragnarok server.

I also love how you're trying to downplay the removal of the character part by claiming that I "implied I was leaving", since you know that doing so makes you look really, really bad and that's why RMS has a Server Report function on their page. I almost considered doing some side-by-side of monsters at 1x on RMS and @mi on your server to solidify my point about how bonkers your exp nerfing is, but I didn't feel like reinstalling the client nor giving your server another second of my time.

Your server is beyond "nerfing easy grind spots". It nerfed random mobs like Wootan Shooters to 1/10, while keeping common grinding spots like Archer Skeleton / Soldier Skeleton / Bongun at near the same exp. The main reason I quit is because when I sat down and tried to hash out where to level with my party, I spent a whole hour comparing every monster's exp that you set to the RMS values and came to the conclusion of: well, it's either I mob Orc Skeletons or get strong enough to group in Ice Dungeon. Not an exaggeration. The exp nerfing was disgusting.

Thats what we are trying to say its new stuff, not for people who don't want to explorer with team you didn't saw 80 + monster at all u cant even stand alone.

I think you are so adept with regular ragnarok plays you are confused in this server what to do :D

Crimefridge

Quote from: whiteboi on May 08, 2016, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry, but this is something i have to strongly disagree with. As a priest, you're saying that you only have 2 leveling spots? mobbing orc skeletons or partying for ice dungeon? That's a load of hooey. Have you tried heal bombing glast heim prison? Have you tried killing ancient mummies, have you tried ME/SANC normal mummies?

You took the easy way. Mobbing orc skeletons (giving 160 base exp per kill) is super safe and easy. Low risk = low rewards
Mobbing mummies (gives 260 base exp) slightly harder than orc skeletons. Average risk = average rewards
Mobbing Zombie/Skeleton prisoners (gives 650 base exp) is a lot harder. high risk = high rewards.

**as a note, i'm 99% sure you never even mobbed/leveled at Munak or Bongun, because you'd mention their new changed ai which makes them extremely challenging; Bongun gives 300 base exp because he charges at you and silences you. Making the fight tougher**

LEX + RESURRECT on Ancient Mummy (which gives 1400 base exp) is "virtually no exp whatsoever"??? I'm sorry but that's just plain not true and you're lying

Yes, I did mob Bongun and it wasn't that hard. All you have to do is carry a Green Pot to remove silence, it's seriously not even a thing...

But the fact that you and mister server admin love to toss around the "liar" card is a joke. I'm lying about comparing monster exp to base? Did you even read your own numbers? Ancient Mummy, 1400, was 8000. This is actually a merciful example compared to many of the other monsters. Hey, that's about as good as Orc Skeletons! ...but wait, Ancient Mummy and Mummies are in more dangerous areas, so how is getting nearly identical exp and spending blue gemstones worth it if you are putting yourself at more risk for nearly no net exp gain?

Crimefridge

Quote from: aneeshbk on May 08, 2016, 10:48 PM

Thats what we are trying to say its new stuff, not for people who don't want to explorer with team you didn't saw 80 + monster at all u cant even stand alone.

I think you are so adept with regular ragnarok plays you are confused in this server what to do :D

I'm not confused; I didn't like his choices at all. I vehemently disagreed with them. Instead of, say, using the OP monsters as a baseline and then making unfarmed monsters more desirable, he nerfed the entire exp system to make it far slower... unless you know the few mobs that are "near-identical", and once again, many of the monsters touched were absolutely destroyed EXP-wise for no good reason. Monsters that people didn't even farm got devastated.

So, I'm not confused. I complain about the exp system because his heavy nerfing of monsters that didn't even get farmed goes against the very principle of "greater challenge = more exp", but in reality "more exp" just meant "in comparison to the nerfs I did to all these monsters, even ones that didn't need or deserve it".

Was Anubis a broken leveling spot? Absolutely, yes. Were Yoyos? Willows? Metalings? Not.... really no.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 10:52 PM
Yes, I did mob Bongun and it wasn't that hard. All you have to do is carry a Green Pot to remove silence, it's seriously not even a thing...

But the fact that you and mister server admin love to toss around the "liar" card is a joke. I'm lying about comparing monster exp to base? Did you even read your own numbers? Ancient Mummy, 1400, was 8000. This is actually a merciful example compared to many of the other monsters. Hey, that's about as good as Orc Skeletons! ...but wait, Ancient Mummy and Mummies are in more dangerous areas, so how is getting nearly identical exp and spending blue gemstones worth it if you are putting yourself at more risk for nearly no net exp gain?

1) Green potions do not remove silence, they give 4 sp per sec for 15 seconds. So... there's that. So i'm pretty sure you were never there.
2) Yes Ancient Mummy exp dropped to 1400 but so did the cap to level... 8k exp would give me 5% per kill at level 90. So there's that as well.

So yes, i believe the trend of calling you a liar is quite fair seeing as you claim green potions (that you've used in mobbing bongun) cures silence where in fact it does not.

Mummies and Ancient Mummies are in more dangerous areas, yes; but you won't be one-shotted from them. 

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 10:57 PM
I'm not confused; I didn't like his choices at all. I vehemently disagreed with them. Instead of, say, using the OP monsters as a baseline and then making unfarmed monsters more desirable, he nerfed the entire exp system to make it far slower... unless you know the few mobs that are "near-identical", and once again, many of the monsters touched were absolutely destroyed EXP-wise for no good reason. Monsters that people didn't even farm got devastated.

So, I'm not confused. I complain about the exp system because his heavy nerfing of monsters that didn't even get farmed goes against the very principle of "greater challenge = more exp", but in reality "more exp" just meant "in comparison to the nerfs I did to all these monsters, even ones that didn't need or deserve it".

Was Anubis a broken leveling spot? Absolutely, yes. Were Yoyos? Willows? Metalings? Not.... really no.

You're talking about 1/2 of a system.

He changed a lot of experience given by monsters by making them lower. YES

But he also changed the experience you need to level SUBSTANTIALLY.

I don't think you've ever played on 1x rate server, but most of the active players on this server are 80+ in less than a week. Can you get that high on a fresh server with no one helping you YGG anubis?

Crimefridge

Quote from: whiteboi on May 08, 2016, 11:02 PM
You're talking about 1/2 of a system.

He changed a lot of experience given by monsters by making them lower. YES

But he also changed the experience you need to level SUBSTANTIALLY.

I don't think you've ever played on 1x rate server, but most of the active players on this server are 80+ in less than a week. Can you get that high on a fresh server with no one helping you YGG anubis?

I've played on 2x and 3x, and yes, getting 80 in a day is fairly easy when you have un-nerfed Firelocks. So, effectively that's 2 days for 80 on a 1x. Claiming that 80 in a week is something so amazingly fast compared to 1x seems pretty disingenuous.

Yeah, I got 65 in 10 hours (in reality more), and I could have leveled even faster on a traditional server.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:09 PM
I've played on 2x and 3x, and yes, getting 80 in a day is fairly easy when you have un-nerfed Firelocks. So, effectively that's 2 days for 80 on a 1x. Claiming that 80 in a week is something so amazingly fast compared to 1x seems pretty disingenuous.

Yeah, I got 65 in 10 hours, and I could have leveled even faster on a traditional server.

So the short answer is that you've never played on 1x rates.

Thanks that's all i needed to know

Daeron

Last time I played on pre rene on 1x rates I didn't get level 80 on a fresh up server. I'm even impressed how fast people did it on RoR. O_O

Crimefridge

Quote from: Daeron on May 08, 2016, 11:19 PM
Last time I played on pre rene on 1x rates I didn't get level 80 on a fresh up server. I'm even impressed how fast people did it on RoR. O_O

I've gotten my Archer / Acolyte / Mage / Assassin grinds down pat. They are easy classes to level with little to no gear and I've used them again and again to reach the high levels quickly.

whiteboi

Quote from: Crimefridge on May 08, 2016, 11:21 PM
I've gotten my Archer / Acolyte / Mage grinds down pat. They are easy classes to level with little to no gear and I've used them again and again to reach the high levels quickly.

Sure, but you didn't get them to level 80 in two days on a 1x pre-renewal server without other people helping you.

And having the "Archer/ Acolyte / Mage grind down pat" is probably the most convincing piece of news that you also tried those "grinds area" on this server, and when it didn't work... well here we are.