Review on SolaceRO.

Started by Greed, Feb 28, 2009, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greed

Well, a couple reasons why I left, even though I was headed somewhere on the server.

1: Ignorant, annoying players. Although I didn't take a screenie every time one of the players made a racist comment, or tried to attack as many people personally as they could, you can ask a lot of players there, it's not the friendliest community.

2: Corrupted staff. This one I surely did take a screenie of. It's the one thing I can't stand. The racism, the insults could all be dealt with, but the following pictures are proof of their corruption. Dawn is their Admin. Although I don't have proof of it on this computer, he also planned on taking 50 dollars from a player, promising him a position on the staff, and then banning him. Whether he went through it or not, I didn't stick around to find out. 

3: Inexperienced, Immature staff. One of their higher level GMs was abusive of his powers, and provided nothing back to the community. Yet, he kept a position of power, and authority. He would constantly @doom and @raise Prontera while we all tried to run. No, it was not an event. No, it was not provoked. It was random. Their Admin, Dawn, would also randomly put a gravity field on us, draining our health until we died over and over again. He jailed a bunch of players NOT for an event, spawned a Satan Morroc, put on the mode that makes you drop items upon death and logged off. This was one of the legits of the Admin, Dawn, being.. I'm not sure:

4: Lack of punishment. Even with all of the racism, insults, etc, etc coming from some select players, he didn't get rid of them because, "All of those idiots are potential donators for the server."

Those're the main reasons. I could pick at every little thing, but there's my review. Nothing positive I could think of except that I kicked donkey at PvP, and WoE.

QuoteKorii says:
Except for the small fact that you are crazy
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Littlechan

thanks for pointing this out, one more server to stay away ;D

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

A92FL0163

Since this will be already moved to Hall of Shame, I'll just say for some reason this really don't impress me anymore, I mean, corrupted GMs are already a Position for the Staff on MMO's, Greedy Administrators are something I believe that are just being popular now. I don't know if I'm stupid or something, but what is the deal with the last screen PMs? Spamming stuff about economics?
If even the administrator is corrupted and acts this way, I guess the server won't live long enough to the "Idiots" donate, who will end up without money and being a idiot will be the administrator.
And donating for GM positions? How retarded would someone be to do that? With 50$ Dollars you can pay someone across the internet to teach you how to make your own server, customize it, advertise, and he will also teach Origami and Yoga.

Not wanting to be a fag or something, but the: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,7657.msg51531.html#msg51531 advertisement is kinda weird, I know, they deserve it, but it's just like getting on their level, and I believe none of them will come to post another advertisement, so it's better that nobody know about the server at all, so could the ad be removed?

Greed

The server actually has a growing population because the Admin basically gives them what they want. And he also went to different servers and sent PMs to players that looked new and took them to his server. Gave them items, and they stayed. MastelaRO (If I spelled that right) was one of the victims. It's ridiculous.

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Orange

Proof or GTFO, I'm pretty sure the $50 for a GM thing was posted on the forums and proven wrong,

Quote"All of those idiots are potential donators for the server."
Server has no donations...?

You provoked EVERYONE, You got yourself illegit items, Denied it and then insulted people so they retaliated, Did you seriously not expect racism and such? As far as the corruption goes yeah we have had a few bad GM's, All have been sorted out though(Fired and items taken away, should be a few threads on forums)

QuoteNothing positive I could think of except that I kicked donkey at PvP, and WoE.
Nice, you got kinda owned in WoE, every time, with illegit items. Niiiiiiiiice.
:3

Greed

The 50 dollar extortion event wasn't proved wrong, Dawn just denied it, and the 3 or so players that were brown nosing him agreed. And what do you know, it got them a position on the staff. And the racism wasn't just pointed at me. Which is why I talked about it. Hell, I deserved it. But Amy, Redemption, Riccio, (There's about 15 or so people) didn't. As for the illegitimate items. Take a look at who gave them to me, stupid. Dawn's name is right on them.

And yes there are donations. Ask him in a PM and say, "Hey, how much for some God items?" He'll give you a price. The only legit items I earned were the angel wing ears, and the +8 chain. Everything else Dawn gave me. While we were in Prontera too. You guys were just too stupid to realize the corruption was right under your noses.

So don't get all butthurt because I showed the truth of that server. If you don't like it, then maybe you should talk to Dawn. And when he denies it, ask him about how he tried to delete our forums. Now why would an innocent man try to get back at the people exposing him?

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Descent

Quote from: Greed on Mar 02, 2009, 01:22 PM
And yes there are donations. Ask him in a PM and say, "Hey, how much for some God items?" He'll give you a price. The only legit items I earned were the angel wing ears, and the +8 chain. Everything else Dawn gave me. While we were in Prontera too. You guys were just too stupid to realize the corruption was right under your noses.

If you were accepting illegit items, you're every bit as wrong.

Greed

And yet, I'm not in a position of power. I wasn't looking to be morale. Besides, I took the items because I knew I could hold it over him if I wanted something done in the server. I got what I wanted too. I forgot that the player's job is to cover the Admin's moves so he doesn't look bad. If he's going to make a mistake like hand out items, I'm going to bust him for it.

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Descent

But you still accepted them, even if you had an underlying motive to do it, doing something like this thread after the fact quickly drops your credibility.

Not like I care, but think in the eyes of a casual observer for a moment.

Greed

If you honestly have trouble believing what I say then they don't need to worry about the server. It's the internet. 90% of it is fake or a lie anyway.

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

ilyjay

Sawp Gaiz.

1) Sacred Blessings quit because they thought GM's dispelled their traps.
- They didn't use @refresh
- It was tested in game and they were PROVEN wrong, by me. (who else?).
- Acted like asshats after they were proven wrong.

@refresh was enabled for this very reason, as well as many other reasons. Traps don't show up if you're off screen, ie: if you move out of the screen, then come back, they will "disappear". The fix for this is using @refresh which will refresh the screen and it will display the traps D:, which has been enabled throughout the server, for server wide use for a good month.

1) Sacred Blessings accused Bittersweet for e-calling 3 TIMES, within a time limit of 3, minutes. That's roughly 1 minute per re-call. It sounds so true right? Wrong. Here's why:

The guild limit recall has a default set of 5 minutes between each recall. Even if you relog, that time resets and you are unable to recall. Is there a way through this? No. (If you have one, go ahead and feel free to post it in eAthena and list it as a bug. You'd need to provide a sufficient amount of evidence in order for it to be looked on though.).

tl;dr

Sacred Blessings is a s*** guild coming from a good server. Even with their "illegit" items, they still lost to legit players.

Orange

^ Nothing you say, Ever, makes sense.

Quote from: Patapon on Mar 09, 2009, 04:24 PM
Quote from: ilyjay on Mar 09, 2009, 01:42 PM
@refresh was enabled for this very reason, as well as many other reasons. Traps don't show up if you're off screen, ie: if you move out of the screen, then come back, they will "disappear". The fix for this is using @refresh which will refresh the screen and it will display the traps D:, which has been enabled throughout the server, for server wide use for a good month.

THAT'S THE POINT OF TRAPS THEY'RE HIDDEN SO THEY 'TRAP' YOU SO TO SPEAK ARGH

THIS IS A GAMEPLAY FEATURE

When i read this i felt the same way, ~_~ traps are supposed to be invisible.

:3

Patapon

Quote from: ilyjay on Mar 09, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh okay. All traps are invisible. ^_______________________^.

learn how traps work you fool

They're visible if you see the hunter/sniper place them down, or if you detect them with Detecting/Sight/Whatever.  If you walk off screen then come back, they're hidden.

This @refresh crap you're talking about just makes trap+falcon based snipers that much worse

this image copyright 2009 Patapon

ilyjay

Quote from: Patapon on Mar 09, 2009, 04:56 PM
Quote from: ilyjay on Mar 09, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh okay. All traps are invisible. ^_______________________^.

learn how traps work you fool

They're visible if you see the hunter/sniper place them down, or if you detect them with Detecting/Sight/Whatever.  If you walk off screen then come back, they're hidden.

This @refresh crap you're talking about just makes trap+falcon based snipers that much worse

Sorry we, as the community of solace don't like randomly getting stuck ):.

Patapon

Quote from: ilyjay on Mar 09, 2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry we, as the community of solace don't like randomly getting stuck ):.

your server is absolutely terrible if "waah i got stuck" is your excuse for completely destroying the functionality of traps.

Hunters get remove trap.  Rogues get remove trap.  There's a handful of ways to get out of ankle snare if you're stuck in one in PvP, less so in WoE but still possible I believe.  There's a good amount of ways to detect the traps and avoid them alltogether.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but seriously, learn to play.

this image copyright 2009 Patapon