Review of ZenRO, 99/70 pre-renewal server

Started by snakeside, Jul 29, 2017, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakeside

ZenRO is a 99/70 pre-renewal server with high exp rate (x1000) and moderate drop rate (x100 item modifier, 0.01% mvp cards)

The server just recently started and is beginning to pick up players. First few days of ZenRO I noticed the player count at around 70-90 people. Then day by day steadily increasing until I noticed 200 people online. I jumped ship and joined in on the fun when I saw 200 online.

I have played for around 3 days and the experience has been fun!

Relaxed Battlegrounds Scene

What I like most about the server is the lax Battlegrounds scene. With everybody still new and not that many people in the server yet, BG is usually small skirmishes of around 5v5.

Since everybody is not yet fully geared, it is a breath of fresh air since some classes become viable in small scale BG. I've seen whitesmiths and groups of snipers participating and contributing to BG. It will only be a matter of time I think before the BG meta slowly adapts to the standard GvG stacking meta. But for now I am enjoying the most out of this young server with decent BG activity.

Decent hunting

It is easy to get basic gear for your characters, just make your preferred farming class (more often than not, Sniper) and you should be able to get at least 1 piece of equipment and a card per 30 minutes (depending on how lucky/unlucky you are at 1% drop rate of cards). Equipment is easier to get (ranging from 1% to 10% usually).

Important to note is that there is a warper and free healer so you can use this to your advantage and go back to town when you are out of gas and just re-warp to your farming map.

What's the actual end-game?

Since levelling and gearing up is pretty fast, the server will most likely focus on BG activity and probably WoE.

Summary

All in all ZenRO so far has been a good place for me to unwind and just have fun. I was looking for a PVP server but still unsuccesful, I guess I will stick with ZenRO while waiting for a decent server with a good PVP scene.

I hope more people join in on the fun!

*Update: You can buy BG-exclusive supplies using your BG badges! Some of the things you can buy for 1 badge:
100 condensed whites
20 elem converters
7 edp bottles
50 AD sets (for 2 badges)

You can get 15-25 badges per match

RistrettoJoe

There are rumors that this is another server by Yrvine. Can anybody confirm? Would hate to play in a server that dies in less than 6 months

Daifuku.

Can't confirm but by the looks of it I get why the rumors are flying around.
The NPC positions are nearly the same, the donations are the same, fb posts (updates) are showcased the same way, they don't have a forum (last forum was maintained by only him and poorly) and from what I heard the admin is not really active ingame.

But then again, it could be someone who purchased the files off yrvine as he sold them recently.
Either way, at least people have a new place to play now?

luffyd3rd

This server is good for a 2 and a half weeks old server. BG going up 18 vs 18 every night because donate tcg is in BG shop. PVP is always active when BG is off.
As of now it's promising and fun to play while it last.

Quote from: RistrettoJoe on Aug 09, 2017, 07:37 AM
There are rumors that this is another server by Yrvine. Can anybody confirm? Would hate to play in a server that dies in less than 6 months

It does look of Yrvine servers which isn;t bad because he does make good servers but handles it bad. but can't confirm its the same owner because he went of server files sale on the offline of his website.
I doubt it is because he claimed he won't be on ragnarok scene anymore and he does midrate mostly ( casero,oncero,abraro )

Quote from: Daifuku. on Aug 09, 2017, 09:29 AM
Can't confirm but by the looks of it I get why the rumors are flying around.
The NPC positions are nearly the same, the donations are the same, fb posts (updates) are showcased the same way, they don't have a forum (last forum was maintained by only him and poorly) and from what I heard the admin is not really active ingame.

But then again, it could be someone who purchased the files off yrvine as he sold them recently.
Either way, at least people have a new place to play now?

You sound a bit salty here. how can you even comment on a server you don't even play? Admin is like online 24/7 half a time he afk. This server is 100x better than your Elaria.

Daifuku.

Quote from: luffyd3rd on Aug 09, 2017, 10:08 AM
You sound a bit salty here. how can you even comment on a server you don't even play? Admin is like online 24/7 half a time he afk. This server is 100x better than your Elaria.

Not sure why I would be or sound salty. I know Yrvine in real life and helped him when I could. I played on ZenRO for a few days and simply stated the things that I know are similar to Yrvines servers, not implying that it is him because I don't know for sure/didn't bother asking him about it. But yup, just because I run servers I sound salty when I say something about a different server, makes sense.

luffyd3rd

^ Daifuku. Makes sense you should just launch your ElariaRO and bring your fanboys ^.> I asked the online GM he told me it is bought files from a GM. Bought or not it don''t matter bc its a good server to play. no pay 2 win because if you play of BG you get TCG ( the donate card )

Kris

how can this server be taken seriously when they don't even have a forum yet
2k21 Return

annedavidd

I played on this server for a couple of days and I am amazed that there are 150+ online and it seems that the server is really active. But then I found out that multiple clients is enabled. Lol. That's the secret of having a 150+ population /heh

Vic7us

Quote from: luffyd3rd on Aug 09, 2017, 11:07 AM
^ Daifuku. Makes sense you should just launch your ElariaRO and bring your fanboys ^

I really hope she does.  /ok

In the meantime, I'm gonna hang out on ZenRO. My first high rate experience.  /pif

RistrettoJoe

"""Can't confirm but by the looks of it I get why the rumors are flying around.

Either way, at least people have a new place to play now?"""

I'm not sure how this would sound salty

Quote from: luffyd3rd on Aug 09, 2017, 10:08 AM
This server is 100x better than your Elaria.
Pretty sure, this sounds saltiER though

Btw, thx for the input people

luffyd3rd

^ Rist, salty problems <3 my updated review on this server* bg is 25 vs 25 today.. ppl tend to say bad stuff when some made sucess #crabmentality

Dailice

Just in case the owner of this server see this. This is my reply to the review that I created.
I'm sorry mister/miss? What do you mean same person? I am new player and my experience in your server has nothing to do with the experience of other players who played on your server. I never played BG cuz I myself can't survive asura of champions. How can I play in BG if my character is level 1? Lmao 😂😂😂 My first day in your server will be my last day. Not because I am banned like what you're saying. But because the server is not a newbie friendly server. My review about abusive GM based on the first comment or review that I have read. I am more on farming/hunting and just one of the players who often enter your "PUB" in Prontera saying "Write a review in RMS". So I did. Everytime I enter your PUB not even a single HI reply came from you if it was really you. lmao  /heh As an admin you should know how to respect your player's opinion. If the review that they created is bad, it is how you handle your player as an admin. This only shows you can't accept constructive criticism.  /o /x Learn how to be more considerate to players and please answer their queries. Create a forum so they can contact you if they need you. That's how effective Admin you will be if you'll be more approachable and be more active on your server. Not just doing AFK inside the PUB. Again, I will not recommend this server to any players I've known. Your response on my review only means that you aren't approachable and just jump into conclusion that the first person reviewed you is also me. Btw you can check and read again how the first person talk.  /heh

mmair172

How can you write review when you didn't play at all ? xD You pissed off because he didn't say "hi" to you?  /heh /heh

Dailice

Quote from: mmair172 on Aug 11, 2017, 01:40 PM
How can you write review when you didn't play at all ? xD You pissed off because he didn't say "hi" to you?  /heh /heh
LMAO that's shallow and lame response coming from you sir.. Have you read what I have written? Ok let's elaborate further so your narrow mind can understand. I am not pissed off either ;) chill out there.  /no1 Really? What you only understand is I am pissed off because he/she didn't say "HI"?  /heh I did play mister that's why i saw that the Game Master is creating a PUB in Prontera ;) My point here is, how can a newbie enjoy the server if no GMs are even active to atleast walk them through? Where to get staff, how to donate, what's the use of BG etc.  /heh

yC

For the sake of public interest.  Dailice, you are definitely related to the other person's review that the server owner's reply is referring to.