Review of riftRO

Started by NoMoreNameToUse, Jul 19, 2013, 08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMoreNameToUse

riftRO is actually a type of server, which I like the most, because most of its setting is following original kRO.

About the balances, GM only implemented part of renewal setting from kRO, the reason behind is because to balance the server but I back to differ because GM only did adjustment according to the "situations" happened; for example:
-we hunt MVPs in high frequent, GM reduced the drop rate of MVP Cards(from 30% to 10% within 1 month, by the way, HIGH rate server),
-we keen to make customized items and crazy to complete the ingredients of  the quest, GM changed the requirements to become more tough(4 billows from castles changed to 8 billows to get Clan Eye Quest done)
-my friends and I went to WoE, we owned the guild(which believed is something related to GM), GM changed genetic's Acid Bomb formula to renewal setting[STR and INT based] from pre-renewal setting[INT based]).

Drop rate of MVP Cards scaled down from 35% to 25% to 10% within a month. This is very unfair to new players, like getting Tao Gunka Card, previously, 3 Tao Gunkas 1 card(in average), afterward,  10 Tao Gunkas 1 card(in average). Therefore, you would need roughly a 10x5hours time to get a Tao Gunka Cardas, disregard other players as your competitors. By the way, this is a HIGH rate server listed in Rate My Server.

But, Rift Point(RP) system is quite fair, despite daily quest has be removed temporarily. But, RP is still fairly easy to obtain. The fairness of the system is in the sense that, (1) obtainable and (2) exchange for rewards. Unfortunately, Level 3 Glorious Weapons from RPs are quite overpowered for WoE and PvP purposes, +100% damage to demi-human and surpass 50% of demi-human defense.

The customized items are quite far, but as like other servers, usually add a lot more STATs compared to kRO but it is reasonably good.

And, for the completion of customized quests, we knew that it is a HARD quest but none would take up to 15 days to complete a quest; for example:
- Devil Wings Quest, it requires Shinning Spear Blade to be gathered, 25 ea, quite fair, but, 1% drop rate from Lord of Death(spawn every 2 hours), at max, 1 day can only do 12 times, which mean one can, at max, get 1.2 ea of Shinning Spear Blade and it would sum up to 20(25/1.2) days to completely gather this ingredient for this particular quest, and also
-Evil Angel Helm Quest, 150 ea of Orange Dyestuff requires, each of the Orange Dyestuff requires 20 ea of both Red Herb and Yellow Herb, you would need 3,000 ea of both herbs and notwithstanding of other ingredient needed, like Alcohol, my point is that, who on earth would kill 3,000 Goats in a particular server to complete such a quest?
*Old Blue Boxes are disregarded in the above ingredients obtainable and it doesn't really helpful.

Another good about this RO is that, Thanatos Card has been downgraded and Golden Thief Bug Card as well. This would really act as balance to some of the classes respectively, like magician classes were taken care, thief classes were not overpowered. Besides, there is noway to get Thanatos Card as the quest is banned, unless donate to this server, this won't be regard as bad since server need money to keep it alive.

And, well, the items in the donation shop are also quite good.

Despite old players are most likely to be in PvP and WoE based players, they are still beatable, though challenging!

In conclusion, I would rate this server as in par(5/10), as advantages have been set-off against disadvantages.