RebirthRO

Started by SoObserver, Aug 15, 2012, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoObserver

It's no secret that this server is Pay to Win.  Well, I had been playing this server for maybe 6-8 years, even GM'd on it.  Recently got back into RO and figured it's time to write my review.

Basically, every attempt at customizing content leads to a more ruined game and serious balance issues.  Here's a basic pattern:
Make an OP item.  Wait a little bit.
Release new OP item to make up for original OP item.
Wait for everyone to adapt to it.
Create even more OP item.

Honestly though, you can appreciate the effort.  But it's just so much misguided energy.  This is what happens when the balance team has never PvP or WoE'd at a high level/high skill.

There is currently no reason to PvP.  At one point, this server was great fun in PvP and WoE.  Too many poor decisions have ruined that scene.

But the balance issues aren't even my biggest concern.  There are some dirty things that go on behind the scenes.  Any RMS admin can PM me for details and I will gladly respond.  I doubt you'd be surprised, given the terrible track record this server has.  I feel like this would give away my identity if I posted too much here.

Not all staff is bad, and some work very hard.  But the owner pays them pennies compared to the amount of money he rakes it (seriously, if you saw this server's financials...).

There is pretty much no good reason to play on this server.  The only thing it has going for it is the stability.  I guess that gets an A.  You have to pay if you want to have fun, but you're probably better off spending that money paying some blokes to play with you on your own server.