Cream Ro

Started by Liquid86, Aug 21, 2012, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid86

Cream Ro is one of the few High rate servers that is actually embarking into the task of achieving a balanced gameplay with the presence of the new 3rd classes. The server is still new being about just a month and a half old. I'll limit this review to all the insider info i can get you from the server mostly.

On Stability: It has never gone through a DC for as long as i have played,  but sometimes it does lag a bit. Nothing too serious I guess, besides there are plans to move to a better host soon.

Availability: If it's down it's usually only about 3-to 4 hours once a week to update eathena and to implement customs. Since the beggining there have been about 3 customs batch updates which were done at the same time of eathena updates i think.

Friendliness (Community): Asking nicely to players usually can get you the answers you need on where are npc's located and such, and i haven't seen any heavy flaming, racial or abusive slurs thrown around in public chat, except for some pvp trashtalk and cries of imbalance sometimes which usually happens. 

Eventfulness: I have seen many kinds of events, from automatic events triggered by scripts everyday with some prizes, to gm controlled events with the classic hide and seek, bloody branch spawning, Trivia, and etc. When the server opened there was an event to see who got to level 12 char slots with different jobs to lvl 255 first. There should more pvp events in the future when more players arrive.

Friendliness (GMs): This is way over the top of what you could Expect. The main scripting gm is usually always around to answer questions and receiving feedback and is active on the facebook community made for the server; Sometimes i have seen the main gm giving new players a tour of the npc's and broadcasting to tell everyone to welcome new players.  Also , there has not been any rumors of players getting free godly stuff from gm's or unfair advantages that would break gameplay, so i'd guess they are  pretty smart on how to handle players.

Availability (GMS): The main gm is usually always on, but the support ones are usually either on at the same time as him or not on; This causes a timeslot that is usually without a support gm on, but not really for long; the server is probably too new to have all time zones covered by trusty staff, but give it some time.

Helpfulness: Gm's usually are quick to act with game breaking errors and problems with customs and skills, Willing to test out problems in pvp and such. If a gm is on, whoever it is, i hardly doubt he'll just turn the other cheek on you if you have a situation.

Economy: Economy hasn't still taken flight since the drops rates are at" everything is 100% but the mvp cards which are at 2%" Meaning, almost anything can be hunted and people won't buy it of someone else; something that changed it is the addition of more quests for customs which usually require a lot of items that i have started seeing in the market.  Other than that instead of selling big name mvp cards such as tao gun ka or thanatos, Those are usually traded on 1 on 1 chats in the street.

Guild Competition: Currently there is about 2 main guilds in the server. Unfortunately  The server still has not set official woe times and it's going through a period of "testing" opening 1 castle woes to check out how 3rd classes interact and if nerfs are needed.

Class balance: So far the most devastating class i've seen are sorcers spamming 4 types of heavy hitting skills with different elements. There is already debate on that and there have been some fixes for other class for example dragon breath used to ignore any racial def cards, that was fixed and now it can be countered with a simple pasana card and some good equips. Gtb has been nerfed from 100% to 60%, so mages have a better chance right in that aspect; kiel has been nerfed from 30% delay reduction to 15% as well.

Donation level: Donation items aren't crazy over the top items. While they do provide some nice effects, they are just a bit better than customs and should be able to break the game for non-donators as it happens in other servers. I think The players with the most kills in the server did them without donation items as far as i know. 

Customization: There is a lot of headgears at the moment and wings and stuff, and the quests usually require either a crapload of items that some classes cant even hold out of str limits, or even a forgotten mvp card that is not usually sought after. Right now That just it, fortunately no erroring customs maps or skills, just simple headgears with some pvp related effects. There's also a mall with quite a lot of items to buy from; deadly poison, glistening coat, fire and acid pots, and speed pots can be bought from npc's.

That's mainly it. I believe there is a lot of hope and possible growth from this server mianly because the staff is really focused.  I hope the rates and the non crappy donation items dare you to try it.  If you do, find me in-game with my chars: Liquid Payne, Blaze, Venom.