Re: Alpha Ragnarok Online! - 10x/10x/10x

Started by Graviteh, Sep 01, 2007, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graviteh

In my previous review I was being forgiving, however now is the time where someone tells his true opinion. The AlphaRO GMs are the most childish whiners, and they mock anyone who dares speak his mind, or disagrees with an obviously stupid suggestion. The friends of GMs are automatically opped/GMed and they act like bufoons in the forums, in game, and IRC. There is obvious bias in forum competitions, the community is rotten, and the server is getting stale every day. Adobe likes to put in things without announcing (examples: Create Deadly Poison reduced chance, a custom nerf which NO ONE WAS INFORMED ABOUT, and Flee/Hit changes in eAthena where NO ONE INFORMED ABOUT THIS). To paraphrase what was previously said: The GMs here are the stupidest people anyone could hire, with the exception of a few good ones that have the unfortunate duty of GMing this s***.

Kristen

Sorry Graviteh, but i'll have to disagree with you on this one. I can see why you may be upset, but i think you're taking things a little too far. The GM team is not childish. Some of us do have friends that play, but we do not favor anyone. Everyone is able to voice their opinions.

The fact is though, if you are going to suggest something that is completely in the wrong direction that we are trying to bring this server to, your suggestions will not be taken into consideration. As to being informed, everything is informed. do you expect us to give you direct calculations for everything we change? Drastic changes are always announced. It is up to you to read the news/forums to get information on the updates.

Don't take this the wrong way Graviteh, I do respect you as a person and for what you have attempted to do on Alpha. It's just that I don't agree with some of the things you've said (i.e GMs being childish whiners when we don't whin at all or they being the stupidest people). These are my friends and my staff members and I feel that it is inconsiderate for you to make such claims.

-Kristen

Graviteh

QuoteThe GM team is not childish.

(Adobe) my gms spam forums... so?
(Graviteh) it doesnt reflect well
(Graviteh) s*** do you know how irresponsible it is to give someone power and they break their own rules? :P
(Adobe) how does gm activeness not reflect well
(Adobe) all you do is complain about my server
(Adobe) im wondering why you're even going to bother playing
(Graviteh) "(8)Do not spam:" <-- rule set by kristen
(Adobe) spam would be considered making a million threads at once
(Adobe) no one is really doing that kind of thing

---

(Graviteh) it's not a GM team, it's a clique that likes to cyber with people and who think that simple opinions always must be backed up with reason, cause nothing is ever good enough to catch up with their "holier than thou" attitude
(Graviteh) kristem and xylphonse are the only ones on the team that, in my opinion, earn respect

I'd post more but my logs are too huge and they got cut off, but the team acts like 9 year olds who discover anime for the first time and are trying to express themselves in irc, so next point:

QuoteEveryone is able to voice their opinions.

And the first one to do so will be the only one listened to, and if anyone disagrees, no matter how unpopular the opinion is, they will just ban you from IRC.

QuoteThe fact is though, if you are going to suggest something that is completely in the wrong direction that we are trying to bring this server to, your suggestions will not be taken into consideration.

Yeah, some things I suggested were bad, but this brings up something else. When someone tried to counter the @shopsearch suggestion, he said it would cause lag. The GMs said, in a nutshell. "IT DUZNT LAG CUZ ITZ JUST SENDZ DATA FROM THE SERVER". Isn't the the function of a client? If the transmission of data from a server to a client was instant, that means the client must already see this. This is not the case, the data is sent to your client (SURPRISE, SERVERS SEND DATA TO CLIENTS) and it DOES have a discernable amount of lag (re:not much) but the s*** talking about the one who disgreed was a really smooth move, especially when he was in IRC under a different nick.

QuoteAs to being informed, everything is informed. do you expect us to give you direct calculations for everything we change?

There is no complex calculation to post "X has been changed" or "Blah Blah has had a name change, guild leader change" in the announcements section. All I asked was that you informed the players. I found out half this information through another GM while it was not announced on the forums or posted in the updates. You can't expect all of us to check the trunk changelog, we are not all eAthena pros.

QuoteDrastic changes are always announced. It is up to you to read the news/forums to get information on the updates.

See above, it was NOT announced, or else I or many more people would have known.

QuoteThese are my friends and my staff members and I feel that it is inconsiderate for you to make such claims.
I see you are attempting to do a filibuster of sorts, trying to make people forget that there is more to this decision to make a bad review of AlphaRO centered on GM cheating with the aforementioned childishness of the GM team. I, and probably others, have witnessed POT SPAMMING MACROS (AlphaRO added a potion delay to reduce overkill tanking, some LKs were spamming pots inhumanely fast), a (self-admitted) GM guild going emblemless (talk about keeping things fair, huh) and half the guild had horongs (somewhat difficult to find monster) and were 9x trans (something extremely unlikely. either you all were leveling and disregarding your GM duties, or you @itemed it. Or just got those levels legitimately and got the items as a gift, or were lucky with the items [unlikely]) . There were also trans classes in that guild no one has ever seen before leveling.

Winnin813

The server doesn't hold much special anyways. Except some pretty hardcore drama its BasicRO at its plainest.