RagniteRO

Started by IvHolmes, Feb 25, 2019, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvHolmes

I've been a ragnarok player for more than 12 years now on classic servers 99/70 Pre-renewal, High rates max level 255 Pre-renewal and two years ago Third Jobs Renewal servers 175/60.

After all these years I finally found a really nice server, RagniteRO. If you're looking for a High/Mid rate Pre-Renewal server then give it a try!

Updates 9/10
Context: It is a great plus for a traditional player like myself, I've played both Pre-re and Renewal but the fact that the Staff is adding new stuff step by step is really friendly with players new to the renewal.
- It implements new content every month from the Renewal system to the Pre-renewal, new items, new cards, new instances/dungeons/fields, even new systems are adapted manually by the Staff.

Community 8/10
- The community is quite friendly and helpful, mostly at Prontera. Some guilds have moved to other towns like always but if you ask them for advise/help usually they'll help you ou

Staff 10/10
- The GMs are friendly and active, they are always attentive to new and old players.
- They post EVERY change in the forum with detailed information, this is a 10/10 for me on the social/forum section.

Quests and Farming/Drop Rates 9/10
- Official headgears have been reworked to be on the 'same level' as the popular hats Baphomet Horns but it keeps the original essence of the hats.
- I really like the idea of adding a Quest slotted version [1] of normal equipment: Skeleton Manteau [1], Chameleon Armor [1], Sprint Ring [1], Goibne's Armor [1], etc.
- Quests require an accessible amount of materials and most of them give value to normal cards or even Pet Eggs!
- Low level weapons [4] have a small random enchant by drop (Atk +6, Hit +10, Flee +12, etc), it gives a plus to low level weapons and Whitesmiths willing to refine +10 the 'perfect' weapon.
- Crimson Weapons are also an option with 0.5% drop chance on normal monsters and 2.5% drop chance on champion monsters!

General Economy 8/10
- Zeny is required for consumables, quests and to buy/trade stuff with a merchant.
- Cash Points is usually used to buy Costume Headgears or Food items. An exact amount of Cash Points can't be traded so is better to trade the items.
- Ragnite Coins are another currency used to trade, it is obtained from auto-events, instance MvPs or dailyreward. Is an alternative mode to buy some normal headgears or costume hats.
- NO Pay-To-Win! Donations are manly costume headgears, Ragnite coins/Cash points are also available but everyone can get those by playing BG, events or instances. I've seen most of the donators buy Costume Suits (3rd Job suit) to look cool.

Leveling 9/10
Context: Right now I don't have the time I used to have years ago, so I like the idea to level up fast but not so fast as others HRs.
- Any job can level up to Lv 255 solo, via Eden Group or Quest Exp (Hunting missions at the entrance of the dungeons).
- Party share limit is 30 levels, so leveling up with a party is nice too.

World Map: Fields, Dungeons and Instances 9/10
- Fields and Dungeons can be easily accessed through the Warper NPC.
- All instance NPCs have been moved to a single for easy access and quests to enter some instances like Nidhoggur's Nest aren't obligatory.
- Instance drops (Temporal Crystals, Coagulated Spells, Bloody Coins, etc) have been changed to understandable drop rate, Instance gears/quest doesn't require 999 runs to craft a gear but you still need to complete some runs.
- Instances are divided on two types: Party and Single player. Solo Instances were reciently implemented and adjusted to complete them by yourself. Party Instances have different difficulties, some of them may be completed with 4 organized members and the most hardcore maps require 6 or 7 members.

Gameplay PvP/BG/WoE 9/10
- Jobs are really well balanced at the moment, even Expanded Super Novices can fight against a 2nd Job (Trans.)
- DLs can't enter Battleground. Command @joinbg, Telma supplies to inventory/storage, Lite Graphics mode.
- Godlike Quests/Equip removed. We can win WoE Medals instead to use on a shop similar to the Kafra Shop from iRO.

Summary: I believe the server has a great potential, I would recommend it to old RO players to experience an extended Pre-Renewal. I think it only needs that players give an opportunity to RagniteRO to discover everything it has to offer!

RagniteRO's rating: 8.9

Forum: https://forum.ragnitero.com

KnoksPE

my experience in Ragnarok is already many years, and the truth is that I was surprised with the dedication that you put this server, you never get bored playing here. the community is very active and GMs are always active to solve the doubts of new players.  /lv