Ragnarok Sarah Server

Started by rap8rap, Feb 21, 2016, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Blinkers on May 23, 2016, 05:27 PM
Do NOT make a priest on this server unless you want to put up with endless grief.

English person on this server, I do not speak Tagalog and had to have someone explain these lovely insults I've been getting:

I made an aco as my first character to level with a friend... From the moment I made it I was being called a "Bastos" ("unkind, rude, shameless"), a  "Damot Tae" ("A stingy piece of s***") or had people try to mob train kill me... all for not healing and buffing everyone that ran at me spamming a flag emote or "ab" or some other random things I did not even understand at the time.

This server does not allow Dual Clienting, and such exacerbates the problem. A second computer is required to have a buff priest, so instead, (nearly) everyone thinks they are entitled to b**** and moan and insult priest players who do not buff them or heal them. This is especially infuriating when you're leveling and they start KSing you because they somehow think doing that makes you more likely to buff them. They killed my s***, means they helped me so I should heal and buff? No.

Major problems with what I assume are cultural differences from how most American/Canadian players play RO vs Filipinos.

Some maps are marked as "Free KS" meaning no matter who you are, expect some dumbass hunter to come along and KS the living hell out of you and walk way after taking your loot, spitting in your face, and demanding you buff him.

They market this as "The Friendly Server"... I have experienced VERY little "Friendly".

Hello,

You can always report ill behavior players on our forum. Our staff are very active on punishing those who dont abide by the server rules. Its seems your not active on our server community.

Blinkers

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on May 23, 2016, 10:23 PM
Hello,

You can always report ill behavior players on our forum. Our staff are very active on punishing those who dont abide by the server rules. Its seems your not active on our server community.

The problem I have on reporting is I don't understand what these people are saying, most of the time... So I have no idea if it's even worth reporting. Is Bastos ill mannered? I have no idea if it's a curse or a common word like "jerk" in english.

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Blinkers on May 23, 2016, 11:47 PM
The problem I have on reporting is I don't understand what these people are saying, most of the time... So I have no idea if it's even worth reporting. Is Bastos ill mannered? I have no idea if it's a curse or a common word like "jerk" in english.

We have livechat on https://sarahserver.net you can always ask the staff regarding those players who you think are trashtalking or has inappropriate behavior. Just dont forget to screen shot

Voryry

Actually that is something I don't understand either. What it the point of making "Free KS maps"?

Does it basically mean KS-ing is allowed?

I play with @noks almost all the time, and avoid the Free KS maps because being KS-ed just makes me upset. I know I can KS back, but I am from English speaking servers and that is not how I do, I just can't do it, much like why we eat cows but we don't eat dog. By trying to avoid Free KS maps if I can help it, I missed out something here.

If you'd like to attract international players, maybe this could be considered.

Slurp

Quote from: Voryry on May 28, 2016, 06:49 PM
Actually that is something I don't understand either. What it the point of making "Free KS maps"?

Does it basically mean KS-ing is allowed?

I play with @noks almost all the time, and avoid the Free KS maps because being KS-ed just makes me upset. I know I can KS back, but I am from English speaking servers and that is not how I do, I just can't do it, much like why we eat cows but we don't eat dog. By trying to avoid Free KS maps if I can help it, I missed out something here.

If you'd like to attract international players, maybe this could be considered.

You mean they don't want us as '' international '' players ive been called a dog dog and white trash fat american by all these pinoy. From where i am from you dosen't ks people like that and you clearly don't call people like this , The player base are very rude/hater you won't be able to chat with people if your'e english most of the time, they won't invite you either into party/guild. So basiclly what i am saying if you speak english and you play on this server it's pretty similair to a RPG without MMO.

Charity Case

yeah this is not a server for english speaking players,i made a priest first too and the lack of respect coupled with the blunt demands for buffs was super annoying/disrespectful.
Not to mention i dont fit in 90% of the partys i join(due to language/culture barrier),so i end up listining to a pod cast or the radio while i play.

imo,if your english speaking player this is not the proper server for you. The ratio of english to philipino guilds is like 50:1, it doesnt matter if your advertising the server more now days or not,the culture of the server seems pretty much cemented with pinoys.

Another shocking aspect i learned is the rmt,someone told me they make more money playing ro then finding a full-time job in the philipnes.For  me this totally turns me off,because now i know people are out there working diligently to make $,while im just trying to casually meet the goals of being woe ready. Its pretty shocking stuff if you look throught thier forums in the banned/rmt section.

Blinkers

I tried joining an english community/guild and most of the players aren't around long. They often quit with the reason of language barrier or just straight up annoyed with the crap attitude everyone on this "friendly" server has. Doesn't matter if it's a KS map or not, if @noks is on or not, some idiot is going to be effing with you and insulting you when you tell them you can't even understand what they're talking about.

Going to farm solo for something? You're gonna have some asshatt hunter KSing you.

Going to Duo farm? Going to have some asshat hunter Ksing you.

On a free KS map trying to level because the only place parties on this server level is called a free ks map? Expect to deal with endless grief from "roaming parties" KSing or people just being jerks.

There is no "friendly" on this server, I think someone mistranslated "friendly." the word you wanted was "Asshat".

rap8rap

Updated my review again.

I think this will be the time I quit being active in the server. I'll be staying online just chatting with in-game friends but that's it. The community is very toxic already. If you play to relieve stress, this server's not for you. It's fun for a while though.

Aeroskye

Stability (8/10)

Not any significant lag as far as I am concerned. I do face disconnection if my character is idle for more than 15 mins. or something, apart from that its all pretty smooth and nice.

I may have seen a couple of complaints about lag during certain WoEs, but that's pretty much it.

Game Masters (9/10)

Very easy to reach, especially on forums. They are doing a great job managing the server. I like that fact that they stick to their decisions and not get overwhelmed by ranting and nonsensical pursuasion by players.

Community (7/10)

80% of the server is Pinoy. Thankfully they can understand and speak decent English. The only problem is they automatically assume everyone around here is Pinoy and talk in Tagalog to you, so you need ask them to speak English every time.

There are multiple English guilds around so if I find a way into those you are good to go.

Market (10/10)

Market's pretty set and nice. Easy to access vends from the site itself. Also, the market channel makes it very convenient.

PVP and WoE

I haven't done much of these yet, but PvP rooms always have 20ish people in them. As far as WoE is concerned, there are a few competing guilds. More seem to be coming as 2-2 classes join in this July.

Pros

1) Great population, Easy to find parties. (2k+). No dual clienting or @autotrade, so the player count is real.
2) Interesting ingame events and facilities like reward points to make life easier and fun in a low rate such as this.
3) Great balancing of skills and stuff.
4) No pay to win. Super balanced.
5) Pure nostalgic classic feel.

Cons

1) Majority of population is Pinoy. So you need to do some work to find and get into the English community.
2) I am sorry to say this, but with Pinoys comes trashtalking, KSing...etc etc. so you will have to deal with that. Most of them are nice, but then there is always the bunch.

My recommendation?
Don't hesitate, come and join the server. There's a reason why its the best classic LR server around, and Ranks 2 in all the RO private server fraternity.

Looking to see you ingame.

noobshotfck

Rating this Server Very Very low, do not play on this server.
1. This is a very racist server, your not allowed to communicate on your own language
2. Very Strict as s***
3. They ban you when ever they want without proof and proper investigation.
(example. they noticed someone gave you an item or zeny, they will note that as RMS-real money trading then boom your banned)
3. rates are modified as s*** usual card drop is reduced from 0.1 to 0.01 piece of cake 1500z but on their server its only 500z

i gave my girlfriend her starting items that would cost approximately for 1m zennies. then after a week she got banned

dont play on this server if you dont want to experience the same thing. but you really want to get s*** on the head go on. This is based on my OWN experience and just an opinion

nuvacaseto

Minuses:
- very low rates (2x with useless voting system), need 8x minimum
- no @autotrade, @autoloot, @autobuy

Pluses:
- 99/50 with online 2.5k
- no lags

Aeroskye

Quote from: nuvacaseto on Jun 23, 2016, 12:34 PM
Minuses:
- very low rates (2x with useless voting system), need 8x minimum
- no @autotrade, @autoloot, @autobuy

Those aren't minuses. Those are your preferences. You shouldn't have played in the first place if you didn't the rates. Also, voting system is pretty nice since there is more to it than just increasing rates. Don't play  LR if you can't handle it.

Dahaka

Hello, I'm a huge admirer and fan of sarahserver, but since I'm from Brazil the lag is too high for PvP or WoE (my main objective) and I'm pretty sure I am not the only brazilian player on your fantastic server.
So I would like to ask if there's hope for those of us who live in South America to gain a server hosted in south america or even in Canada - we had a brazilian private server hosted in Canada (PandaBRO) with a very good ping, however it went bankrupt.

I would be very glad to hear some news about this and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ragnarok in our country used to be a huge game, but now it's overtaken by ROP's, greedy politics and we don't even have a old times server as a option to play... I look foward to hear some news related to this subject.

Thank you very much for your time.

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Dahaka on Jun 28, 2016, 09:07 PM
Hello, I'm a huge admirer and fan of sarahserver, but since I'm from Brazil the lag is too high for PvP or WoE (my main objective) and I'm pretty sure I am not the only brazilian player on your fantastic server.
So I would like to ask if there's hope for those of us who live in South America to gain a server hosted in south america or even in Canada - we had a brazilian private server hosted in Canada (PandaBRO) with a very good ping, however it went bankrupt.

I would be very glad to hear some news about this and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ragnarok in our country used to be a huge game, but now it's overtaken by ROP's, greedy politics and we don't even have a old times server as a option to play... I look foward to hear some news related to this subject.

Thank you very much for your time.

Have you tried our proxy servers? I have talk other brazilian players with our proxy and they seem to like it. We could add another proxy near your country if these proxy doesnt work well with your connection

Dahaka

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Jun 29, 2016, 03:56 PM
Have you tried our proxy servers? I have talk other brazilian players with our proxy and they seem to like it. We could add another proxy near your country if these proxy doesnt work well with your connection

Currently I'm playing in the New York proxy, the ping there is much better, but it's only good for PvMing.
However if the ping is good enough for WoE and PvP, this server has everything to make a great impact in the brazilian fanbase, here's a petition https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Lancamento_de_um_servidor_OldTimes_pelo_bROLUG/?fbss made by the RO fans to Level Up! Games (the company in charge of ragnarok online in brazil) requesting a old times server. As you can see, the petition stoped in ~4,2k players, who are willing to play in a server of the same characteristics as yours, but the company is not interested in making one, according to them: they're focusing in the Renewal system only.

The current brazilians Private Servers don't have enought players for a proper WoE, they are all scattered across many different servers and they don't provide the same feeling as SarahServer do. That's why I'm so interested on your server, but in matter to play it, the ping must be lower. I'm no expert on this subject, the example I've made about the proxy in Canada may not be the only or best option to diminish the lag,  I trust in the staff of sarahserver to make the best possible choices about this subject.

Thank you for your attention.