Ragnarok Sarah Server

Started by rap8rap, Feb 21, 2016, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Dahaka on Jun 29, 2016, 06:50 PM
Currently I'm playing in the New York proxy, the ping there is much better, but it's only good for PvMing.
However if the ping is good enough for WoE and PvP, this server has everything to make a great impact in the brazilian fanbase, here's a petition https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Lancamento_de_um_servidor_OldTimes_pelo_bROLUG/?fbss made by the RO fans to Level Up! Games (the company in charge of ragnarok online in brazil) requesting a old times server. As you can see, the petition stoped in ~4,2k players, who are willing to play in a server of the same characteristics as yours, but the company is not interested in making one, according to them: they're focusing in the Renewal system only.

The current brazilians Private Servers don't have enought players for a proper WoE, they are all scattered across many different servers and they don't provide the same feeling as SarahServer do. That's why I'm so interested on your server, but in matter to play it, the ping must be lower. I'm no expert on this subject, the example I've made about the proxy in Canada may not be the only or best option to diminish the lag,  I trust in the staff of sarahserver to make the best possible choices about this subject.

Thank you for your attention.

Hello.
Okay I understand. I think we can add a proxy in canada in our next maintenance and hopefully it will lessen your lags. ^_^

ayris31

My personal review about Ragnarok Sarah Server

STABILITY [8/10]

Given that I'm playing the game on an old laptop, and 1 MB connection, I only experience occasional lag and DC. mostly happens during WOE.

HACKING PROTECTION [9/10]

So far, so good. I even scarcely see and reports of hacking incidents reports about it on the servers forum.

COMMUNITY [9/10]

Good community, most of the people are friendly enough, and it is never hard to find a party. but of course like in any community there are those toxic player, just like IRL.

ECONOMY [8/10]

Been playing for a couple of months now, and i could see that prices seems reasonable. slight changes in prices due to events that increases the need for a certain item. donation items is not OP.

MANAGEMENT [10/10]

GM's in game and in the forums are very active. always ready to help out and hear everyone's concerns.

PVP [??/]

I don't do PVP,

Voryry

I have been playing on-off for months now.

- Overall it is quite close to Classic, apart from free pots and manuals. Some commands like @rewards, @noks, @time, etc, but not too many that it ruins Classic feeling.

- No job changer, no stat/skill reset, no stylist NPC. Battle manuals can be obtained by either logging on AFK for hours, or by buying in cash shop. Cash shop also offers Kafra Card, Gym Pass, Token of Siegfried, Bubble Gum, Giant Wings,and costumes.

- Free pots and manuals obtained by logging on in game. That is how there are always 1.8k - 3k accounts logged on any time, most of them are AFK collecting "pogi points". The real active players aren't that much, maybe some hundreds.

- Populated, yes (despite the AFK characters, there are still enough people around). Easy to get parties, quite easy. Easy to get good party, I don't know.

- Cons: KS-ing and rudely attacking other parties' mob are encouraged by GM. Some maps are officially @noks free, and that behaviour is extended to other maps by rude players. And there are a lot of rude players !! I am not sure if the @noks free maps is designed for Pinoys because they are used to KS-ing, or players got rampant with KS-ing because it is endorsed by GM. Chicken and egg. Keep in mind, in the end this is a Pinoy server, despite they are trying to make it sound "international".

Example: Wiz + hunter standing among an established party, casting SG & Arrow Showers to mobs brought by the party's lurer. You can't do anything to make them leave, because it is legal and allowed. They are allowed to take part in your mobs' exp, take benefit of your songs, enjoy the safety of standing with the party etc.

- No bots, at least not what I can see. This allows low level or casual players to still earn zeny by hunting stems, poison spores, irons, etc.

- Active GM hunting RMT-ers and scammers, and punishment is public.

At this moment, I am still playing here, but I am staying away from partying.

xtarinos

So i've been playing this server for around a month, thought id drop a review from a non-pinoy/non-south east asian player.

STABILITY: 9/10.
Haven't had any issues, minor lag at time though.

HACKING PROTECTION 9/10.
Never noticed any bots

COMMUNITY 5/10.
Jeez this is a tough one, THE GOOD: i love the fact that it is crowded af. I come from TalonRO and the liveliness factor is stronger here. Almost no map feels like your are alone farming in an offline game which i love, i dont mind having less mobs to kill though. For anyone skeptical on the population i can assure that this is as crowded and lively i have seen any RO server since 5 years. THE BAD: The community might be big but its mostly south east asian players, i know people keep saying that its international and stuff, but people just come up to you and assume you know their language, thats just a testament to how its not really an international server. It gets annoying after a while and makes you feel like an outsider. But most of them do speak English and you would find a good amount of friendly folks. This problem can be solved if English speaking crowd were to actually start playing here. Ohh and yes be prepared to be ksed alot.

ECONOMY 7/10.
Quite alright, things are not too pricey. [15k&20k for Elus and Oris, pretty classic i know]

MANAGEMENT 7/10.
Disadvantage of playing Talon is the fact that no other server's management seems professional enough, that being said GMs are approachable and active(kinda).

Some thoughts:
I am not sure but ive heard this server is gonna remain classic and never get trans classes. I just hope they keep releasing content or the server is gonna reach a stalemate.
They have 2 stupid server announcements that are on a loop at 2 minute interval. Despite how harsh this review might seem, i still have had good fun playing this server. It has some real strong nostalgia- scattered vendors in pront, massive parties in almost every dungeon, a hefty dose of ksing(which makes me happy for somereason), dead vendors and buyrs in almost every map enterance. Give it a try the sheer playerbase might just be the most fun part about this server. 

lordmiggy

First of all the last time i played Ragnarok was waaaaaaaaay back 2005 so its been 10+ years since i set my foot on Midgard and main reason why i stopped investing time in the game is because what is has become. for me its too complicated now.

Random day some time in 2016, out of no where i felt the urge to play MMORPG again, Ragnarok never crossed my mind as i didn't like how it is now. Then while browsing in the a private gaming site Sarah Server came across with the word "Classic" which caught my attention. To date i am a grown man with a full time job but for the love of the server i still find time to play.  /ok

STABILITY (connection, performance) 7/10

Like most private online server the game play is a bit slow and laggy due to the hosting which is fine.
I am using some latency fix stuff but ever now and then lag still incur.

HACKING PROTECTION 10/10

2 thumbs up on the hacking protection and i am not really familiar with the protect stuff but as far as i can see the game is CLEAN! every now and then an A-hole player would attempt to hack the game and they will succeed but i trust the server that it is being dealt with.

COMMUNITY 8/10

Community is very good! though majority is Filipino players but still you would get to encounter people from other country which makes the game diverse. And GM are REALLY strict when it comes to RMT(Real Money Trading) which i totally agree with because it makes the game balance. I think the GM's arent bias because i have seen couple of people which were banned even though they donate in game.  /no1

ECONOMY 8/10

I have been playing for a month now and i can say that even though farming is though due to the rates(which by the way i enjoy) i was able to get my character some decent items.

Donation rewards are not overpowered items but only costumes which i am good with because that gives us less fortunate people still compete with rich players and making the game Pay to Win.

though you can sell the costume for zeny i don't really mind because doesn't make other people stronger anyways.

MANAGEMENT 10/10

Just play the game!!! for a person like me that gave up hope in MMORPG long time ago this server made me love the game again.

lllaaazzz

great server i love it, its fun trying to play without all the s*** the newer episodes have, only problem is being english and not being able to find parties even using very simple communication like "lvl xx inv plz" ignored like 90% of the time

DarkDevine

As I am actually playing this server right now, been playing it for like 4 weeks, I want to give a review as well.

Stability: 8/10

The server itself is pretty stable, I didn't disconnect while doing anything active yet, it doesn't lag and it seems to handle 3.000 users well.
You sometimes disconnect in the night while staying AFK in town, which is annoying, since the longer you stay online, the more reward points you get. DCing resets this and it's somewhat a luck-thing.

Hacking Protection: 8/10

They are using Gepard-Shield. It protects against most basic things, but it seems sometimes some users are able to bypass it. I've seen one botter and a report regarding him yet, I've seen 4 reports for macro-users and a lot of dual-clienting seems to happen, though, I've also seen photos of people using 5 computers at the same time and we're not talking about an easy topic at all here.

Community: 6/10

Mostly filipino. Yes. They are mostly nice people, you can talk to them in english, they respond in english, they help you, go party with you and talk with you.
Sometimes people simply assume you're a pinoy, which can be annoying, especially if your party suddenly starts talking tagalog, everyone ports away and you're left with wondering what happened and where everyone went.

To get through it, it helps learning a few words of tagalog. With "pa resu" for res, "pa baps po" or simply "ab" for buffs and "sali <level>" to enter a party you get to 99 easily.

I've meet a few europeans, I've even been in parties where simply everyone came from somewhere else around the world, it's not that it's only pinoys.

If you're playing this server, keep in mind that those people mostly came from phRO and BalikRO. They could speak tagalog there everywhere and they're assuming Sarah Server is the "new official Server", kind of, so they keep on talking it there.

The server language itself is english and it's forbidden to talk Tagalog in public messages like shout, the channel-system or chat-rooms (Event though it's mostly not enforced).

I've also seen racist people from other countries trying to bash on them (Character names like "Pa means no for me" and guild ranks insulting Filipinos) which isn't really nice as well. I see it as their realm, not mine. I join them, so I have to get used to them. Simple as that.

The hardest thing with the community is the typical KSing-attitude. Some maps were KS-free until the last update, which meant you were free to KS anyone there. Now it got forbidden since it simply was too much KSing, but people still KS and GMs are too stuffed up with reports overflowing.
You have @noks which doesn't help really well in parties, but it helps you if you're farming alone and don't want to get KSed.

There are some toxic people, but there are toxic people everywhere, so what does it matter.

Economy: 4/10

Trashed by reward points.
There is a system that gives you reward points based on the time you were online. Many people simply stay AFK over night (which makes up like 40% of the population on this server!) which results in having like 2,5k RP each day.

As Grape Juice can be bought for 2 RP, simply everyone got like 1k Grape Juice each day, which makes things like typical grape farming absolutely useless.
There are no Homunculi yet, which in turn makes Alchemists rather useless right now (Potion pitching not needed at all)

Some classes like Monks profit greatly from it, as they don't need to farm manually to run WoE and PvP.

Next to GJ you can also buy condensed red potions for 1RP which most people use as their primary healing item.

The community doesn't want it removed, since everyone got used to it and they simply don't want to start to farm now.

Management: 7/10

The GMs are generally good, professional and capable. They do what is right for the server, mostly. The only bad thing is: They are slow. They respond slowly, they seem to not take part too actively in discussions and finding solutions for something takes a long time.

Some things are handled rather bad, such as character deletion. You can only delete characters when the server is in maintenance, using the Sarah Server website. This is a protection against scamming in some way, but honestly, I feel like there are better solutions than that.

There are no signs of corruption whatsoever and they are actively banning everything that harms the server permanently (e.g. RMT)

Generally it has been a fun experience to play on Sarah Server. You get to see real RO, as it used to be, as it was the greatest fun, as it should always be.

When have you been able to make a fortune by selling warps with a priest in Payon the last time?
When did you go to Toy Factory 2, enter the warp to it and the second you're in you get a party invite resulting in a 12-person party moving on to Glast Heim later?
When have you been standing in Magma with bards, dancers and 3 wizards, 4 lurers pulling, snipers protecting the wizards with Arrow Shower for leveling up?

I found a Skeleton Card the first minutes on this server (Cards are 1x), I made a fortune!

You get to see things you don't see on other private servers, simply because of the low rates, the sheer amount of players and because of the small level of customization (which is a good thing!)

Yes, many people are AFK. But that doesn't remove the 1.800 people not being AFK.

I can recommend this server to anyone searching for a good low-rate experience and doesn't hate filipino people.
Learn a few basic words of tagalog and you'll get along with them just fine.

Quote from: lllaaazzz on Aug 20, 2016, 12:56 PM
great server i love it, its fun trying to play without all the s*** the newer episodes have, only problem is being english and not being able to find parties even using very simple communication like "lvl xx inv plz" ignored like 90% of the time
Try "sali <level>". Always worked for me. If you're being nice, try "sali <level> po"! "sali party" seems to be "searching for party" (Asked a filipino)
Follow a party, make a chat with ALT+C and write "sali <level>". Wait for either "gap"-response (You're out of the level range) or an invite.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

ServerCritic

Money Talks server, selling +10 gears for the right price if you know how to contact him. One of the GM Namely (Ro Je) is very Rude always get into a fight with player not very good costumer service/very sensitive. Other GM is nice though (Raven) I respect her. Lots of toxic players which admin is listening to because he don't want to lose them since money talks. Admin have no sense of Justice, if you are the only one it does n't matter if you're correct you will be wronged because all toxic player is against you. Rules applies depends on how important you are in the server. Previous server of the owner was shutdown due to corruption. Don't waste your time and money in this server.

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: ServerCritic on Sep 09, 2016, 05:10 AM
Money Talks server, selling +10 gears for the right price if you know how to contact him. One of the GM Namely (Ro Je) is very Rude always get into a fight with player not very good costumer service/very sensitive. Other GM is nice though (Raven) I respect her. Lots of toxic players which admin is listening to because he don't want to lose them since money talks. Admin have no sense of Justice, if you are the only one it does n't matter if you're correct you will be wronged because all toxic player is against you. Rules applies depends on how important you are in the server. Previous server of the owner was shutdown due to corruption. Don't waste your time and money in this server.

Totally not true :) We ban all rmt and any rmt related case. We are also strict by the rules regardless if your donator or not and we can prove that in our forum. Show us some proof of what you are saying and we will show ours in our forum

ServerCritic

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Sep 09, 2016, 10:39 AM
Totally not true :) We ban all rmt and any rmt related case. We are also strict by the rules regardless if your donator or not and we can prove that in our forum. Show us some proof of what you are saying and we will show ours in our forum

Don't BS me, your forums are for front only. Your server is full of toxic peenoise, you only ban those rmt that you can't benefit from. Server security is questionable, yet one of the guild who caught hacking was pardoned, why? Money talks, full of hacking incidents, but nothing have ever made to the forums why? owner does not give a s***. Just look at the owners previous server, cause of closure was corruption, remember MediaFire huh StriderHiryuu? I don't need to prove, just try playing there and you will see it for yourself I'm sure of it. Also one of your GM is hot headed btw.

DarkDevine

Quote from: ServerCritic on Sep 09, 2016, 03:07 PM
I don't need to prove

Well, it would actually be pretty awesome if you can provide any kind of proof. I am playing this server for a while now and I didn't sense anything in that direction yet.
It's true that some people were able to bypass security systems in some ways, but those that have been reported have also been banned.
Watching the forums daily, I didn't see any reports that suddenly disappeared.

Please provide some proof, right now your words are exactly as much worth as Strider's. That would help everyone.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: ServerCritic on Sep 09, 2016, 03:07 PM
Don't BS me, your forums are for front only. Your server is full of toxic peenoise, you only ban those rmt that you can't benefit from. Server security is questionable, yet one of the guild who caught hacking was pardoned, why? Money talks, full of hacking incidents, but nothing have ever made to the forums why? owner does not give a s***. Just look at the owners previous server, cause of closure was corruption, remember MediaFire huh StriderHiryuu? I don't need to prove, just try playing there and you will see it for yourself I'm sure of it. Also one of your GM is hot headed btw.

I dont know what you are talking about  /heh clearly you are the one BS*** around with no proof and seems your accounts a newly registered just want to take the server down :) We have active forum and all are judge fairly based on our server rules.

eoinh

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Sep 09, 2016, 11:16 PM
seems your accounts a newly registered just want to take the server down :) We have active forum and all are judge fairly based on our server rules.

Seriously? I myself made this account here just to back what ServerCritis was saying. The server is full of lies. It was pretty decent at first but suddenly went downhill because of your greed.
You made personal changes to the server, that even the Classic RO lived 10+ years without doing so. Especially that monk nerf, which reduces its potential damage up to 30% on PvP/WoE just weeks before your major event, Agit Lords.

STABILITY (connection, performance) 8/10.
Availability is almost 24/7 except ofcourse during maintenance/patch.

HACKING PROTECTION 5/10.
DDoS Attacks during last minute WoE and not doing anything to compensate(ie. Extend WoE for atleast 10 minutes maybe?)

COMMUNITY 2/10.
Lots of toxic players.
Lots of scammers.
Lots of spammers(Chat/Megaphone).
Lots of skill abusers.

Before
ECONOMY 8/10.
Very healthy economy.
Lots of other players to trade with.

Now, after that latest fishy update
ECONOMY 3/10
Lots of players already quit. From 2.5k average to now 1k-1.3k both including AFKs.
Imagine losing almost 1.5k players in just 1 month. I'll let you decide on that.
If you want proof regarding this, just visit their website. Players count: Peak : 3,899 / Current : Average 1k-1.3k
Losing lots of players had huge impact on economy. Prices changed by +/- 50% to 80%.

MANAGEMENT 0/10.
They took it for granted. When there were still 3k+ players, almost no event have been held. (There are no automated event maybe for the classic feel). Atleast a simple hide & seek or Q&A Event once a week would be great. But no, they only did this when the player count dropped to 1.5k-2k. But even that couldn't stop people from quitting. Maybe it's too late?
There was this GM named tor sen who got into a heated argument with players. The one i wrote about DDoS Attack during WoE. That GM lose on the argument and just started muting players. Worse? A Guild master of an active woe participating guild has been banned (which was later got unbanned after explaining to other GMs, but later quit because of GMs being bias).

Admins avoiding questions on forums.
Not listening to the majority of players.
Locking threads after losing an argument.
Very poor technical support.
Very very very bias management.

PVP 0/10
This is where most of the toxic players meet. Almost everyday you will see shouts of trashtalking pvp players, calling out names, which was broadcasted throughout the whole server.

My friend told me that this is already their third or fourth server. The first ones didn't last long because of corruption and DDoS attacks, which they believe from their haters from previous servers. Using different server name when making a new one.

Oh and it's already been de-listed here in RMS.

Aikuzo

Edited: Community is terrible. No servers are perfect, but majority in this server are filipinos. And Filipinos are among the most ILL MANNERED people you'll ever encounter online. I do NOT recommended this server at all.

rezhd71

I've been on this server for just over a month now and so far so good.

I'll start with the good things =)

1. Love the proxy servers, I'm playing from Australia and connects through USA proxies, ping is VERY good.

2. I haven't experienced much of the hatred mentioned by other people, the community is generally nice, occasionally you do see a few rude people but I don't think it's fair to judge the whole population based on this. Things are however different in popular leveling maps, everyone doing anything possible to steal other people's mob, I personally have no issue with this because i like competitions and we are all exp hungry =).

3. Very active PVP, on average there are around 20 people in the pvp room. Althought i do find average skill level of players in the pvp room to be some what noobish.

4. Custom new features are consistently being put into game which is a big plus from me.

5. No bots sighted so far.

6. No game breaking mvp/mini boss cards, some people suggested have them implemented for PVM only which i agree. =)

7. Everyone seem to be enjoying the game =)

And of course every coin has two sides, here are the downfalls.

1. Not enough Events, we are getting about two new events per months plus some on going events from previous months, for me I'd like to see some sort of event every week.

2. GM does accept suggestions but only if it's aligned with their goals, take WOE 2 for example, I saw a number of players backing it but was rejected for unspecified reason which is a big let down for people.

3. Everyone assumes that you are Pinoy, i'm sure many have mentioned this, it does get kinda annoying when people keeps on talking to you in Tagalog, it makes us international players feel isolated.

4. The modification on trap pushing really handicaps hunters' gameplay in pvp, I've been a hunter player for years and not being able to push traps around really make hunters look insignificant compare to other classes, some may argue that this change was to stay true to the classical RO way but at what cost??? I'd like to see this changed back to how it should be later on, hopefully really soon.

From a players who's been playing everyday since November........