Ragnarok Sarah Server

Started by rap8rap, Feb 21, 2016, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmart

Quote from: D3rwish on Feb 26, 2016, 11:22 PM
I really didnt said "its full of pinoy" there are always some others too but after playing two days(17hours each) we never met players speaking english. Its just our opinion after this two days or the english ones only speaking on guild or party chat  /hmm

well regarding that matter the server is enforcing the english only policy on chat channels so everyone can understand one another.

rap8rap

Quote from: D3rwish on Feb 26, 2016, 11:22 PM
I really didnt said "its full of pinoy" there are always some others too but after playing two days(17hours each) we never met players speaking english. Its just our opinion after this two days or the english ones only speaking on guild or party chat  /hmm

I would say there are a couple of Filipinos playing this server, especially since pRO has been gutted out of the MMO scene. But you can just ask them to speak in English and most of them will do. I have partied with lots of people coming from different countries already so I really don't see this as an issue.

Sweetolove

My personal review

STABILITY 10/10 - Alot of players and i feel no lag. I live in Canada tho. 2.2k players no lag very wow, I can mob train empty map ez. /ok

HACKING PROTECTION 9/10. - I didnt see anyone bot or dual log as far as i know but i heard someone complain about a bot priest.

COMMUNITY 8/10. - Hard time finding english players sometime to party with me and/or to be understood by asians, but yo thats my problem... /pif

ECONOMY 10/10. - Almost anything can be bought already and the server is fresh and cool prices. /no1

MANAGEMENT 10/10. - 100% good active english speaking GM. /lv

PVP ?/10. - Haven't done any PVP yet :)

Waiting the upcoming 2/2 classes but with no release date yet. /sob

kmart

this server should release the new patch and episode updates or people will get bored in the long run of episode 4.

Sevarin

The server is quite interesting. Though, often times it dcs's still tolerable.
Not affiliated at the time being

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: sweetsarah on May 10, 2016, 06:30 PM
A big fat zero.

I've been waiting for days on a reply for support. I can't validate my account because for some reason, I never get the email. I've tried resending the email, changing the email, checking my junk mail, making a new account with a new email, none of them receive a validation email for the forum. No one responded to my tickets. No one responded to the live chat on the main website. No one responded to me in game at @request.

I can only conclude that management doesn't give a f*** about support, and doesn't want anyone new to sign up for their forum.

Actually we have a live chat in https://sarahserver.net :) You said your account was not validated yet you ask in game for @request? How come you were able to login without your account validated? totally not a player of sarah server. ^_^

Voryry

(Despite having no other post under this ID, I am not a dummy poster and I am really playing Sarah Server.)

This server is great for having that strong classic feeling, and GM's are strict on rule breakers. I am an unsophisticated casual super lazy working full-time PVM player even though I diligently log on everyday, so this server is good for me that I can hunt and vend etc very relax-ly. Economy is good, stuff not hard to sell, and prices look affordable. They start opening more castles, and seems the WoE scenes have good future there.

I just wish there are many more English speaker here. It is very rare someone speak in English apart from main chat. People are quite friendly, they approach me from time to time, but I feel I will need to hotkey "Sorry I don't understand Tagalog" in my Alt+M soon. They will then switch to English but it feels not natural. In parties they will talk to me a few times in English, then back to Tagalog for 95% of the time. No I don't blame them and I understand completely. Just wish there were more English speakers in server!

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Voryry on May 11, 2016, 09:21 AM
(Despite having no other post under this ID, I am not a dummy poster and I am really playing Sarah Server.)

This server is great for having that strong classic feeling, and GM's are strict on rule breakers. I am an unsophisticated casual super lazy working full-time PVM player even though I diligently log on everyday, so this server is good for me that I can hunt and vend etc very relax-ly. Economy is good, stuff not hard to sell, and prices look affordable. They start opening more castles, and seems the WoE scenes have good future there.

I just wish there are many more English speaker here. It is very rare someone speak in English apart from main chat. People are quite friendly, they approach me from time to time, but I feel I will need to hotkey "Sorry I don't understand Tagalog" in my Alt+M soon. They will then switch to English but it feels not natural. In parties they will talk to me a few times in English, then back to Tagalog for 95% of the time. No I don't blame them and I understand completely. Just wish there were more English speakers in server!

Yes. Hopefully soon ^_^ we are still advertising in facebook and here in rms both in low rate and front page banner. and thank your that honest review

TownBum

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on May 11, 2016, 06:51 AM
Actually we have a live chat in https://sarahserver.net :) You said your account was not validated yet you ask in game for @request? How come you were able to login without your account validated? totally not a player of sarah server. ^_^

??? Pretty sure she means forum account, not in game account. If it wasn't obvious.

sweetsarah

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on May 11, 2016, 06:51 AM

Read it again:
No one responded to the live chat on the main website

While it is pretty frustrating that it took me leaving a negative review to get a response at all, I'll delete it if it gets fixed. I don't hate Sarah server. I have donated $$ to the server already; I am just frustrated with being ignored and unable to post anything.

My in game account is fine, and validated. There is nothing wrong with my character. The problem is with making a forum account, which seems to be where a bulk of player issues are resolved.

icanbankai

So i've been playing since yesterday with 2 Friends on Sarah Server, like mentioned there is a problem with making an Forum Account. Thats why i've been using the Chat Support, and i roughly had to wait 10-15 Minutes, they instantly helped me without Problems.

Im playing from Germany, and im logging in with the Proxy from Frankfurt whicch they suggest and it really works, My Internet is pretty crappy, because of the House, but i have no Laggs at all, even while watching twitch.tv, so thumbs up for that.

One thing which caught my Eye was their Donation Information, they sell 1 Donation Ticket for 12$, sadly there is no further Information, like what currency, you get 1 item? Or what is it. Had to use the Forum to look further into it. And i found out that 1 Donation Ticket (12$) is 10.000 RoK Points, which is really confusing not even to mention that there is another donation currency, and that the ticket is Worth 10.000 Points, several People even suggested that on their Forum, they didnt change that yet, i mean its just so simple, put on the Donation site the Information at least that 12$ is 10.000 RoK Points.

wombocombo31

nice server
very stable
so many players
GM's are active
smooth server
if you guys have a problem
in your ragnarok maybe its your connection
pick the right server for your connection
:)

snakeside

Hi, player from Sarah Server and have been playing for around 2 weeks casually. I came across this thread and wanted to contribute so I created an account!

I came across this server while hopping across low rates server, then I saw in the voting sites that Sarah Server had a lot of votes and was around top 2. I was looking for a vanilla low rate RO server (no job changers, healers, warpers, etc.) where I can re-live my RO experience and do the things I didn't achieve way back in around 2004~. Sarah Server just fits perfectly for what I have been looking for!

Rates
The rates are x2 exp and x2 drop (x4 exp and x3 drop on weekends) which is great for someone like me even if I play casually (just around 4 hours a day, maybe 8 hours on a weekend).

Being low-rate, getting the most out of your zeny is really important! So far I've been enjoying playing this casual style of low rate RO where NPC items are actually useful. (also discovered that Munak Hats are great, 5 def 10% undead reduction for just little price since the player-base deems the headgear as not so useful :P)

Population
Levelling has been a blast so far! I never imagined you can party level in RO this much when you have a lot of players (you will never run-out of 12-man parties! except maybe for super off peak hours)

The server actually has a lot of active players, enabling you to party level starting from your first job until 99!
You can go to the following places and will have no problem looking for parties in these following places:
Lv10 - 30: Payon Cave
Lv40 - second job: Lutie
Lv40 - 80s: GH (archer, acolyte, mage classes mainly, but knights and assassins are welcome as well acting as lurers)

My highest level character so far is a lv78 wiz so I can't speak for the levelling spots at around end-game, but I am seeing quite a lot of shouts looking for parties in the following places as well:
Majoruros (The lowest cave of glast heim)
Turtle Island (not sure which level)
GH Castle (duo parties that want to farm)

Being low-rate, normal monster loots (sticky mucus, bug legs, zargons, manacles, etc.) actually matter a lot when you're just starting! You'll also find lots of merchants scattered across dungeons buying loot for a little overcharged price.
When you have merchants buying loots and selling supplies (arrows, fly wings, aspd pots), you know that the server's population is big enough to make merchant buying/selling viable :)

Be aware though that the server has a "Rewards System" that incentivizes players that stay logged on for prolonged periods, so you have A LOT of players just sitting around towns AFK just to have the Reward System kick in. At weekends, the player count reaches 3k+. I'm guessing the total number of actual active players during this time would be around 1500 to 2000, where the remaining 1000 are comprised of merchant buyers, vends, and the AFK people just waiting for the Rewards. (no real evidence, these are just my estimations)

Custom Features
As mentioned, the server has a Rewards System (you get points for every hour you stay logged in, increasing until you stay for 8 hours in a single character, and then the counter resets to 0). some of the things that you can get from the Reward System are:
1pt - Healing Potions (5 weight, heals around 150 hp)
2pt - Grape juice
50pt - Field manual
90pt - Job Manual

For context, if you stay for an hour, you get 10 points, and after staying for 8 hours you get 80 points.
Playing for 8 hours straight gets you 360 points, so if you play for 8 hours everyday, you're like getting 360pcs free potions for your levelling.
Personal preference, I'd be okay without such a system (making for a truly vanilla RO experience), but it's not game breaking enough and I'm fine with it.

Community
So far I've been playing with a lot of Filipinos, but if you ask them to speak english, they will! The community is overall nice, but of course with a big enough population, you'll come across those rare guys that grief, KS, lure on purpose, etc. I'm a Filipino myself, and I wish more people from the international community would join us here in Sarah Server! English-only rule is strictly observed in the Channel System to make the server good for everyone as much as possible, regardless of nationality.

rap8rap

Didn't expect to have other players leave a review as well.  /no1  /heh

Blinkers

Do NOT make a priest on this server unless you want to put up with endless grief.

English person on this server, I do not speak Tagalog and had to have someone explain these lovely insults I've been getting:

I made an aco as my first character to level with a friend... From the moment I made it I was being called a "Bastos" ("unkind, rude, shameless"), a  "Damot Tae" ("A stingy piece of s***") or had people try to mob train kill me... all for not healing and buffing everyone that ran at me spamming a flag emote or "ab" or some other random things I did not even understand at the time.

This server does not allow Dual Clienting, and such exacerbates the problem. A second computer is required to have a buff priest, so instead, (nearly) everyone thinks they are entitled to b**** and moan and insult priest players who do not buff them or heal them. This is especially infuriating when you're leveling and they start KSing you because they somehow think doing that makes you more likely to buff them. They killed my s***, means they helped me so I should heal and buff? No.

Major problems with what I assume are cultural differences from how most American/Canadian players play RO vs Filipinos.

Some maps are marked as "Free KS" meaning no matter who you are, expect some dumbass hunter to come along and KS the living hell out of you and walk way after taking your loot, spitting in your face, and demanding you buff him.

They market this as "The Friendly Server"... I have experienced VERY little "Friendly".