PoringRO

Started by Ominoto, Oct 28, 2008, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ominoto

This is my experience of the server.  There is also a general review at the end of it if you just want to scroll down to there.
--

As probably everyone has noticed by the spamming of the server around server seeking, there was a new server called "PoringRO".   At first, it was a nice little server.  The server was starting to grow (and at this point, probably still is), but there were a lot of problems arising.

First off, I'll talk about the GMs.  At first I was a regular player, got to 99 hunter, rebirthed.  Then GM Brian of the server went on a little rampage of the server because of creating items for his legit characters, (From what I remember, a ton of zeny, use of #blvl, raydric card), and also did the same for his friends on the server (one of his friends was found with 40 OCAs). This rampage included nuking the majority of the NPCs, changing a lot of the scripts to mess up the rates and leaving.  But he comes crying back, and the head GM being stupid as he is, lets him on the GM team again.

By this time, I'm a GM too, after helping the head GM with the most simplist things. However, I decided to do some powerleveling on my legit, and by the end of the day, I'm a 90 sniper, with some equipment which I bothered to hunt. This spurs a lot of "You are a cheater" drama, because let's face it, anyone with a GM account has to be s*** at the game right?  Well, long story short, I'm not a GM anymore, yet the GM who did spawn items and was known for it, was still on the GM team.  (And we had roughly the same knowledge of scripting aswell).  There's no more problems related to me, however, I did log on my GM account several times in order to activate the event master for people, /b "Please vote for the server and review if you haven't!", and all that general stuff.

What I want to mention at the moment is the attitude of the head GM.  Instead of taking any criticizim whatsoever, he tells you, literally, to f*** off from the server.  A new player to the server, Sammii, or something along those lines, decided to ask in @main why woe was on because the server was too small at the moment.  Nothing wrong there, could have been told what the server is about, but instead, the head GM just blurts out "we're not twisting your arm to play on the server", "if you don't like it, piss off".  That was the last we saw of her, no doubt. 

So, the 2nd last day of my time there, I log on.  The head GM starts accusing me of cheating and how everyone thought I did too, but said he was joking about it.  He then reboots the server so I can't get treasure from my castle because he left my guild.  I'm annoyed, and go on one of my alts to level.  By this point i have a good set of equipment for 1 character, which, because I was a GM, means I cheated, right?  No problems that day either, I log off for the night.

Now, I just got back from school, and logged on my priest there.  I notice that my Sniper isn't in the guild.  Confused, I log out and go onto that account.  My character was deleted.  Confused, I log into my blacksmith, and see the GM on his legit sitting in town.  I ask him why my sniper was deleted, and all he said was "leave me alone, bye" and logged off, onto his GM.  Now he starts kicking me off the server.  I wait a little, log back on, he jails me.  I ask him why he was doing this, he told me that everyone knew why but me, and that's it.  He kicked me again. I finally get an answer from him.  His reply was this;

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenporingro013yn8.jpg

I wasn't cheating, and he would never have attempted to prove I was anyway, so I wanted to find out these other reasons.  I log onto another alt which no-one knows is me and I start talking to him, in the end I reveal myself as "Moral's Friend".
This is a little part of the chat I had with him;

GM Eviscerate : moral
GM Eviscerate : but hes in jail
GM Eviscerate : D:
Omi : Why? D:
GM Eviscerate : cuz hes a bad guy
GM Eviscerate : he breaks rules ALOooot
GM Eviscerate : -.-
Omi : wow o_o
Omi : what did he do?
GM Eviscerate : alot of things
GM Eviscerate : like...
GM Eviscerate : cheating
GM Eviscerate : for 1
GM Eviscerate : also
GM Eviscerate : he changed the server files
GM Eviscerate : even tho hes not a GM anymore
GM Eviscerate : we banned him from the control center now
GM Eviscerate : uhh
GM Eviscerate : kept logging into his GM account
GM Eviscerate : which we had to delete

Logging into the GM account I can admit too, but it was hardly for anything bad, just to remind people to vote and whatnot.  The funny thing is, 4 days before the ban, he told me he reset the password to the control panel.  This meant since then (and that is when I got dismissed as a GM), I could not have changed server files. Eventually, I get these "other reasons" but they are hardly a warrent to delete my characters and ban me permentaly;

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenporingro014qk7.jpg

These reasons were I wanted to play another MMO. (FlyFF at that, but it's been down for a while, so I've been playing this in the meantime).  Becuase I want to play another MMO, I should "leave him alone".  It's like I either have to play there completely or f*** off for eternity (which now I will do, <3).

--

This is my score for the server.

Server

Stability: 5

The server in general was laggy, but it was up for the most part excluding the downtime around the time GM Brian went all emo over the server.

Availability: 8

No complaints, but wasn't perfect either.

Community

Friendliness: 7

The players in general were cool, I'm going to miss them.  However, there are some idiots on there, but then again, everywhere has them.

Eventfulness: 3

Automatic Event NPC which only has one working thing : Town Invasions, and they get incredibly dull since theres only 3 cities it happens in, and the same monsters spawn each time.

Game Masters

Friendliness: 2

Head GM's attitude is disgraceful, his motto could be "Either play or f*** off".  Treats players except his guildmates like trash.  The other GM, GM Brian, only ever really speaks to one of his friends on the server, and either says to you "I'm done talking to you" without any answer or he'll ignore you completely and remind you to go vote.

Availability: 2

Truthfully, they are usually around most of the time, however the head GM is always away and the same goes with GM Brian, and even when he is around, he ignores you completely.

Helpfulness: 2

Neither one of them know how to run a server.  Whenever I was on in the begining, they always came up to me and were pretty much "Moral, how do I do xx" "Moral, can you do xx for me?".  Thank god for eAthena.

Game-play

Economy: 1

I've never seen shops on the server except mine.  With drop rates to high, no one needs to trade between each other.  Screw supply and demand, I'll just supply.

Guild Competition: 1

During my time there, WoE was dull.  My guild held the castle easily against the attackers.  It needs a great population boost before this mark could ever go beyond 3 truthfully.

Class Balance: 5

I could give this a 10, but since it's the same as almost any server out there, I'm going to give this a 5.

----

I expect that the PoringRO team will whine, so I await this. Thank you for wasting your time to read this review, and I hope your opinions of the server have changed. <3

Hutchy

*pat pat* I'm sorry dear.

Thanks for writing this though, as I was about to try that server. ><

Descent

It's a good review. Sorry you had such a bad experience there.

Not to flame the guy, but I had my reservations about the server from the Admin's recruitment post.

PoisonWolf

Guys,

If an administrator doesn't even know how to properly terminate a GM-member, he really should just call it quits and close shop (assuming I'm reading this correctly).

That's my opinion though. From what I gather, you've been removed of your status, and yet you were still able to log in as a GM? Am I missing something? However, there will always be another side to the blade, and I hope this nubcake comes up and speaks more about it.

Cheers.

Ominoto

Well, even though I was "dismissed", he never removed power.

Because I don't think he knew how.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Ominoto on Oct 28, 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, even though I was "dismissed", he never removed power.

Because I don't think he knew how.

Ominoto,

If that is really the case, then he really should just close the server. I mean, how can you run a server and not know that?

Cheers.

mickiedeez

I might try this server... I'm attracted to drama ._., and I think I could stir up quite alot of trouble here :)~
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

lol lets not bash the server okay? >.<

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 28, 2008, 06:42 PM
lol lets not bash the server okay? >.<

Nobody is. Are they...? o.O

Defaced

GMs that are l33t speaker always fails. Where's the professionalism anyway?

Odin02

yeah decent  ;D  dude thats kinda sad bannins and deletins some of your chars
that you put mush efforts since you play as normal players xD . . xD
but anyweis lets wait for PoringRO Head GM reply xD so we can know whats
really happenin xD

are you playin other MMO?? :( thats kinda sad. .
another player leaving RO =( huhu. .were goin to miss ya dude  :'( huhu
~     • Baby Im Here To Save You. . I <3~ Imari. . •     ~

Sildan

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but atleast I know somewhere to avoid  :D
I wonder, how the head GM from there is going to react.xD

Brian

Hello, I'm GM Brian.

First of all, how did you get a level 99 high priest when you only logged in once on a low rate server? I checked the char log and it show you only logged in once and yet you have a level 99 hp. Also, you are the laziest person on the server. You do not like leveling whatsoever so how do you have a level 99 sniper and a taekwon also? It took you about 3-4 days just to get a level 70 hunter and now it took you one day to get it to a level 99 sniper as well as the taekwon.

Also, I find it funny how you quit GMing once you did not have access to the database. You couldn't delete any more logs?

Anyway, I will continue this post once I get home.
currently playing at raijero

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Brian on Oct 29, 2008, 07:42 AM
Hello, I'm GM Brian.

First of all, how did you get a level 99 high priest when you only logged in once on a low rate server? I checked the char log and it show you only logged in once and yet you have a level 99 hp. Also, you are the laziest person on the server. You do not like leveling whatsoever so how do you have a level 99 sniper and a taekwon also? It took you about 3-4 days just to get a level 70 hunter and now it took you one day to get it to a level 99 sniper as well as the taekwon.

Also, I find it funny how you quit GMing once you did not have access to the database. You couldn't delete any more logs?

Anyway, I will continue this post once I get home.

Brian,

Interesting. Finally, the other side of the story. Let's see who's the one with the mask.

And.
Here.
We.
Go.

Cheers.

Hutchy