Pomch RO - Revo Classic, SEA hosted

Started by Orange, May 17, 2019, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange

Played Pomch on release for about a week and again for the past 2 weeks, I initially quit because the server felt very 'jumbled' with things seemingly implemented with not much thought. It seems to have improved with the custom stuff they have now being far more fleshed out, they increased the rates to 10/10/5(with cards being .1 drop, mvp .01)

Firstly rates of the server are a bit misleading - There are hunting quests for basically every mob in the game which have a high exp reward as well as battle manuals(50% ones sell for just 100k zeny, HE ones are very limited but some do float around) - Bubblegum is also available and players sell it for just 100k. There's also a custom levelling area from 1-70(leaf cats, geographers, increase soils, spores, wolves spawn here to give an idea) so overall the rates feel more like 15+ exp and ~7x drop

Server is revo classic/progression, currently not even all classes are in and only vanilla maps - I believe the plan is for the server to NOT add trans but add new maps/make trans items usable, though this is up for player vote when they get closer. There is a fair bit of customization, most of it is quite nice like the levelling area or their 'Pomch fruits' thing, custom refinement bonus system but some of it is a bit uninventive, specifically going to mention the 'golden gear' which looks to be best in slot even when they add items like tidals/wools, to me the idea of a progression server falls a bit flat when you have best in slot for the lifetime of the server items available for obtaining on day 1. If there was less pieces(ie just body and/or hat) it would be fine but you can get every slot, including accessory. These are available through donation but quite obtainable in game so I wouldn't say it's too intrusive. WoE starts in 2 weeks so I guess we'll see then if people in golden gear just absolutely dominate

I'm Australian and I have played RO with lag for 15 years, this is the first server I've played that is completely lag free for me so a massive bonus if you're from Australia/SEA. Although more servers these days have proxy servers I even get a little bit of lag on them.

GM's are extremely active and involved. Usually instant responses on discord and they're open to customizing skills and items if the players want it, though this leads to some weird/dumb things(recent controversy over nerfing endow because it is OP again raydric card, resulted in making its duration 3 minutes making it simply more tedious to use rather than any weaker..)

tl;dr
good:
no lag if SEA, active/involved GM's, nice customization

bad:
server launced with metamorphesis enabled lul, no gepard, some customs OP especially in the context of it being progression server. I am hoping they improve bot protection and rework the problem custom items in the future.
:3

s6xens

Overall really good for me too, revo classic is great..

but one thing, customs HG are too OP..
and discord server is nice for conversation, but make the server is like dead.. all the conversation moved to discord
My Opinion discord server is not suitable for MMORPG game. It's like make a community inside community itself.

Orange

Quote from: s6xens on May 20, 2019, 03:01 AM
Overall really good for me too, revo classic is great..

but one thing, customs HG are too OP..
and discord server is nice for conversation, but make the server is like dead.. all the conversation moved to discord
My Opinion discord server is not suitable for MMORPG game. It's like make a community inside community itself.

After giving it some more thought the customs are a bit too OP. I still can't really get over the fact that it's a progression server and there are many items that will be forever best in slot available on day 1. Besides weapon every single slot can be filled with golden gear or a custom hat and there are very few builds that will be switching to anything else as it comes out.

I don't agree on discord being bad, most RO servers and basically every game has one now - What is different with Pomch is they not only don't have forums(acceptable since any lower population sever forums are dead anyway) they don't have #main

So you have small-mid population split between languages, no forums or #main so yeah it gets kind of bad.
:3