Pokemon Ragnarok Online

Started by DaisyVic, Apr 23, 2018, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyVic

PokemonRO is a full out themed Ragnarok Online Masterpiece. It is incredibly customized and well made. As a beta tester for the server, I have to say that it completely exceeded my expectations and more. Everything is done in meticulous fashion, well thought out, and planned. At first I was a little unsure with how the server would turn out because it seems like a massive project that requires a lot of time and effort. I have seen the current era of private servers and many of them really miss the mark. Would this be just a themed cheesy server that I regret trying? For the love of god prove me wrong please.

To give you an idea of the attention to details put into this server.
Pokemon BGM
Pokedex Sounds
Pokeball hatching sounds
Pokecenter sound when being healed by Nurse Joy
Safari Zone BGM
Custom Pokemon themed town
Full 8 Gym Leaders Story and Elite 4
PokeFlute Sounds

I am probably missing a lot more, but it just goes to show the effort put in to make an authentic experience for players.

The Player VS Monster experience is spot on when it comes to this server. The server boasts 245 Pokemon Pets that aid/assist you in battle. I can swap out my Mr. Mime for a Kakuna for more defense, or have a Charizard endow my weapon with the fire element. There are also Pokemon Stones that I can use to boost the attack power of my Pokemon. When I am attacked or attacking, they show the monster whos boss unless its an MVP, it would crush my dreams as I am still a ways from max level. The gameplay is fun, engaging, and interactive. I feel like it is almost a completely different game from the traditional grind of iRO, yet it still has that classic feel and the nostalgia. It is hard to put into words, the server is incredibly fun and without trying it and seeing it for yourself, it is hard to believe a server like this exists.

With the server being so new, I am going to reserve this space for the feedback in terms of the PVP and WOE aspect of the game. I was informed that when players hit past a certain level, PK is enabled on maps. Kind of gives it that Pokemon Trainer VS Pokemon Trainer battle feel which is exciting when the player base picks up.

In summary, I think the server is an absolute must try. Whether players like the custom content or not, I recommend people to check it out to see what kind of effort was put into it as it is an example of a very well made private server. If more servers had the same development, I could totally see less private servers shutting down due to lack of effort and poor development. 

I implore players to come try it out, say hi, catch a pokemon or two, or just come out and appreciate a spectacular server.

Stay tuned for a more in-depth review!

Lemon

PokemonRO

Quote from: Lemon on Apr 23, 2018, 02:14 PM
http://pokerag.com.br/sapphire/
Copy paste?

Nothing but huge respect for Pokerag, but this is an independent project from that. This one is more iRO style in terms of mechanics.

Here is a promo video so you can see some of the differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ue1HpSuiQ&feature=youtu.be

Rtangerz

The leveling system and grinding system is great. they have the monster gachapon system, auto attack system, with exp seeds and rare candies that add that extra help when leveling. Also included is the pokemon pet support which is amazing system too.

JamesRG

I just wanted to stop by and say that the server is truly awesome and well made.

1. Discord Server
2. Forums
3. Website

All of their stuff actually works and is up to date with no issues/bugs. So many servers still have websites that say Lorem Ipsum crap with no server info and half donkey effort.

Their in-game mechanics are even more impressive. Since playing, there hasn't been any server stability bugs or big issues that cause the server to shut down or crash. Alongside their unique Pokemon theme, it actually has a full gameplay about it rather than just pets thrown into a server. I just finished beating the 8 gym leaders and onto the Elite 4 now. Surprisingly, they have very balanced iRO mechanics as well and aren't out of the park customized to the point where things become so OP and everyone is using the same items.

If you haven't tried the server yet, it is an eye opener for sure and sets the standard pretty high for other servers.

Kris

A crossover between Ragnarok and Pokemon?

I've officially lost all hope in humanity
2k21 Return

Yasi

Server is pretty fun. A lot of s*** to do and grind even though it's a 255 server. Floating drop rate is usually around 18x or 19x because players can randomize it using ingame currency. There's also infinite battle manual you can get by collecting 50 pokemon and infinite bubblegum at 100. There are also custom items you can get like a costume ring that gives +1 to all stat just from beating the 8 gym leaders. The customs in this server doesn't feel overtly obnoxious and overpowered. There are also custom mobs that actually require the very best equipment and parties to clear which is a nice change for a high rate server.

PokemonRO

Appreciate all the kind reviews guys, thank you for all the support on such a custom project

popoy4real

Quote from: PokemonRO on Apr 29, 2018, 04:27 PM
Appreciate all the kind reviews guys, thank you for all the support on such a custom project

This server is lit man, it is the best I ever seen for custom server. When you encounter wild pokemon, it makes the wild pokemon encounter sound. So freakin awesome man. It makes 99% of other servers look bad for not putting enough time and effort

JennyKenzington

I want to say this server is "true" questing server. Along with iro quest from original ragnarok, they have own custom story line too for more content. The intro in the server already tell you that it is going to be good server when you start playing. More recognition, more power deserved