PcRO

Started by Brilon, Jun 08, 2008, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brilon

I dunno, maybe they don't advertise enough. This server started about two years ago, and is the best server I have seen. Ever. Yet very few people know about it = very few people play it. I guess the server had some trouble in the past, but now it's pretty much a perfect server, and no one knows about it. What do you think? Would you play this server? Here are some of this server's features:

Rates: 6x/6x/8x
SVN Version: 12177 SQL (STABLE) - Has stuff like Nameless Island, Thors, Rachel Sanctuary, Homunculus, etc...
Some little random things: Never has had a wipe, no donations, no lag
WoE: 2 WoEs a week (1 Wed, 1 Sat)
No Job Changer
Free Healer and Warper to any level of any dungeon
Stylist with custom palettes and the 4 (2 male, 2 female) newest Gravity-made hairstyles
Custom quests for 100+ headgears that are otherwise impossible to obtain (stuff like Alice Doll, Neko Mimi)
Custom role-playing quests
A mall in Prontera that offers everyday necessities (arrows, pots, pet food for all pets, etc)
Commands: @who, @time, @refresh, @autoloot, @mi, @ii, @whodrops, @showexp, @showzeny, @autotrade, @invite, @duel, @leave, @accept, @reject, @main, @commands, @noask, @hominfo, @homstats

I guess my opinion could be biased because I have been playing for the whole two years that this server has been online, but by looking at other servers' features, PcRO's pretty damn good. It's not over-customized, yet does have some pretty cool stuff. The fact that donations are nonexistant is also a huge plus. If I know that a server has donations, I don't look at it any further because donations = corruption.

PcRO's website is also very, very pretty. And I think they are changing the website layout soon to make it even more pretty.

Edit: Oh yeah, PcRO stands for Player's Choice Ragnarok Online. Which it is.

Keropi

Went to check it out, it seems good... except there's fake players. Everyone who's only is a merchant/creator... Where is this server hosted?

Thorin

Its hosted in Holland. I played there about a year ago. Its really small, but i quit cause of GM Corruption. IDK maybe its better now  :)

Ronny

Quote from: GM Thorin on Jun 15, 2008, 11:27 AM
Its hosted in Holland. I played there about a year ago. Its really small, but i quit cause of GM Corruption. IDK maybe its better now  :)

eh? only according to a certain overly religious guild leader.... everyone else who ever played pcro will tell you that the gms were the best part. great gms.

if i were to criticize the gms for anything, it'd be that they're not around as much as they'd like to be because they lead busy lives, or spend their free time working hard on making the game more fun for the players....

Spoiler
GM Thorin was in "a certain overly religious guild leader's" guild
[close]

anyway; my two cents

Thorin

Lol, I vaguely remember there being a guild, Lon Lon Ranch, that GMs had characters in, that completely dominated the entire server. They would crush the spirits of anyone else who played the server against them in PvP or WoE with taunts. I remember this guild driving many guilds from PcRO, including Void, Shoalin Dragons, Rightoues Crusaders, Dark Star and anyone else who stood a chance against them in WoE. I also remember members of that guild cursing at members of 'that overly religious guild leaders' guild, Void, without a word of GM punishment or attempt to compromise the arguements. This did negatively effect that 'overly religious guild leaders' perspective of the GMs because he believed that they sided with Lon Lon Ranch because they were members of Lon Lon Ranch and I believe his thoughts of them are right. Of course these are just memories.....

QuoteI played there about a year ago. Its really small, but i quit cause of GM Corruption. IDK maybe its better now

I just left it to doubt and said 'Idk maybe its better now' but seeing this quick reply from who i am certain was in Lon Lon Ranch, i figure the old players from that guild still roam rampant on PcRO. I thought they woulda moved on to widdle away another friendly server to just thier guild. I wouldn't recomend this server to people seeking a server with a friendly community.

- GM Thorin of SocialRO

Ronny

wong, wrong, wrong!

QuoteLol, I vaguely remember there being a guild, Lon Lon Ranch, that GMs had characters in

wrong. terribly wrong. in fact, they always played in guilds opposing llr  because of whining and such claims

QuoteI also remember members of that guild cursing at members of 'that overly religious guild leaders' guild, Void, without a word of GM punishment or attempt to compromise the arguements.

wrong. players were indeed jailed. p.s. everyone was guilty of that. the other guilds weren't angels.

Quotebut seeing this quick reply from who i am certain was in Lon Lon Ranch

LOL - guess again

seriously dude... check your facts.

Thorin

who are you then, cause when we, Void and RC, left the server a year ago it was only LLR, Void and RC and i dun think anyone in Void or RC would give a s*** to reply on a server they were so happy to leave. There was never a GM Zipper at that time anyways O.o

Quotewrong. players were indeed jailed. p.s. everyone was guilty of that. the other guilds weren't angels.

GMs only jailed players for short periods of time when they had no other options because players had Screenshots of the entire inciddent, the GMs even saw it, and we demanded for GM action. In any other servers most of these actions would have resulted in bans or much more serve jail-time. The longest i remember a GM jailing someone in LLR is Lon, who had several incidents like this go on without punishment, for 7 days and they found some way to blame the incident on our 'overly religious guild leaders' saying he provoked him, in order to keep him from getting banned which in any other server would have happened after this beautiful quote " Get off My f*** Server, don't bring your religious s*** here!"

This conversation started with us asking the GMs to up thier chat filter because we were tired of the taunts and wanted peace and an end to the arguements. Lon, leader of LLR, thought to put in his
Quotetwo cents

Ronny

speaking of checking facts, and before i get into responding to your post, let me go over some things that i find ironic, hypocritical and flat out hilarious.

on the server that you GM at I found some interesting things, such as the fact that you're the guild leader of a guild called "Lon Lon Ranch". okay, so that's not an original name, so what? but it doesn't stop there...no, you stole the original Lon Lon Ranch's emblem (peek at pcRO's guild top 25), which, by the way, was hand made by a member from pcRO. also, you're a GM on the server... and in a guild called LLR LOL! That's exactly what you were complaining about. Plus, I love how Lon Lon ranch seems to be doing the best out of the other guilds on the server, though I'll admit that I haven't played there... it just looks really odd when browsing the cp. plus; guild title "Biggoron" once again, not original - but LOL, I can recall that being an old LLR guild title.

So let me sum this up:

You, GM thorin of SRO, top player on SRO, Leader of  the top guild on the server, named Lon Lon Ranch,  complain that GMs on PcRO were in a guild called LonLonRanch, and they dominated the server.

okay.

Ladies' and Gentlemen, looks like we have a classic example of pure envy.

Quote from: GM Thorin on Jun 18, 2008, 05:09 PM
who are you then, cause when we, Void and RC, left the server a year ago it was only LLR, Void and RC and i dun think anyone in Void or RC wouldn't give a s*** to reply on a server they were so happy to leave.

Infact, i wasn't in ANY of these guilds. i didn't even WoE. Just to show you those few guilds didn't make up the entire population. I honestly believe you only have limited information, probably given to you from angry, complex and immature people who didn't understand simple things.

Thorin

Yes, i played on the LowRate, which is kinda of slowing down with only 3 guilds there. I am a GM on the HighRate, which is our main server. Lon Lon Ranch is a support guild name until the original guild, Karma left, and yes i copied the name so uncreative to waste time thinking of a new one, i do in fact think the name Lon Lon Ranch was excellent. Karma was made of the remnants of players of PcRO, from Void, RC, and a couple from Panda Express. I made it as a joke to them.

As for pure envy, i would kill myself if i was to become any of them.

QuoteInfact, i wasn't in ANY of these guilds. i didn't even WoE. Just to show you those few guilds didn't make up the entire population.

I'm gonna guess you were in one of several support guilds of LLR. To name a few, Snakes on a Plane, Hyperion, Fight Club, Happy Sky. On servers were only 30 ppl played for WoE whats the point of having 6 guilds, containing 2/3s the very small server population allied together. The only thing that came of this was eventually driving away the other 1/3 of the players.

Ronny

What?

QuoteGMs only jailed players for short periods of time when they had no other options because players had Screenshots of the entire inciddent, the GMs even saw it, and we demanded for GM action. In any other servers most of these actions would have resulted in bans or much more serve jail-time. The longest i remember a GM jailing someone in LLR is Lon, who had several incidents like this go on without punishment, for 7 days and they found some way to blame the incident on our 'overly religious guild leaders' saying he provoked him, in order to keep him from getting banned which in any other server would have happened after this beautiful quote " Get off My f*** Server, don't bring your religious s*** here!"

First off, your post doesn't make much sense. Ofcourse they were jailed when evidence is presented. And only then. Imagine a server where you can get jailed just because someone says you did something.

Quotei'm gonna guess you were in one of several support guilds of LLR. To name a few, Snakes on a Plane, Hyperion, Fight Club, Happy Sky. On servers were only 30 ppl played for WoE whats the point of having 6 guilds, containing 2/3s the very small server population allied together. The only thing that came of this was eventually driving away the other 1/3 of the players.

Nope. I NEVER WoE'd. I said that already.

QuoteAs for pure envy, i would kill myself if i was to become any of them.

Right. That's why you stole the emblem and the guild titles.

Look, this is the fanaticism that makes your argument null and void. Before you start making wild accusations...make sure you have ALL of the facts.

Null and void.

Thorin

who do you think would have the most reliable facts, somone who was actually there or someone who was probably informed by GMs whom at the time tended to side with members of LLR! I know the facts i was there, its your facts that need to be clarified.

Your 'facts' may have come from the players whom you seem to be siding with now.

Ronny

Wrong. More like someone who knew both guilds well, and played just for my own enjoyment. I only talked to the GMs a few times, and not about any of you ridiculous people.

Hah. I was there just as much as you were, infact; longer than you. So, why should mine have to be clarified? See, more silly accusations.

QuoteYour 'facts' may have come from the players whom you seem to be siding.

Are you talking about yourself? Because that's exactly what you're doing right now. I told you. I knew both guilds, and I'm speaking on the server's behalf, not LonLonRanch's.

Thorin

All i know is that 25+ players, which at the time was more than half, left this server out of anger and saddness of what the entire place represtented AND THAT IS A FACT

QuoteIts hosted in Holland. I played there about a year ago. Its really small, but i quit cause of GM Corruption. IDK maybe its better now 

It's sad how much anger and hatred can be unearthed after a simple unhostile, unsiding reply where i left the truth about it all to time saying 'Idk maybe its better'

Ronny

your old guild left because many of them, but not all, were just like you; Single minded. and SD left because many of them botted and used third party programs, and it caught up with them. So, the server lost some members there, yes.

QuoteIt's sad how much anger and hatred can be unearthed after a simple unhostile, unsiding reply where i left the truth about it all to time saying 'Idk maybe its better'

Unhostile? last time I checked saying a server was corrupt and small isn't exactly patting it on the back. Simply put; you don't know what you're talking about, and if you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Like I said before, this is the best overall server I've ever played on. That's why I'm defending it. You're just here because you envied a guild so much, and belonged to one where immature people couldn't handle competition. So, unhostile? Please.

On a side note. I heard PcRO has new hairstyles and great new headgear quests!

Thorin

Hehe it wasnt just those guilds think about it, IT WAS HALF THE SERVER. SD was already gone when this happened. and many of them were punished unjustly, i am not talking of them.