Today I would like to shed some light on a low rate server called Origins RO. I started to play this server
a few months back while I was looking for a low-rate server with an experience as close to classic Ragnarok Online as possible. Let's begin Server features:
- The server is around Ep. 8 with 5/5/5 rates.
- Floating rates happen when a certain amount of zeny is donated to a certain NPC, rates can go up to *8 for experience.
- Available jobs are 2-2, Transcendent jobs are planned sometime in the future, but nothing clear on that yet. If you are a fan of the Pre-trans era like me, you will love this just like I do.
- There is no Cash Shop, whatsoever. While I do not personally mind costume-only cash shop, items like Bubblegum or Battle manuals make you feel like you are missing out on something if you do not pay with your own cash. Origins RO frees you of this feeling and that's big plus for me.
- There is no reset stat/skill. You want to create a pure forger blacksmith ? You ll have to sweat and deserve it to get it.
- There is no card deslotter. Meaning the economy is healthy, because the need for hunting cards will always be there.Community:
- It is a relatively low populated server. Playercount shows usually between 50-100 active players (outside Merchants), and up to 150-200 during WoE.
- The main chat makes it very easy to meet people. Very friendly people overall, no bad experience so far from my end.Leveling:
The leveling is as you would expect from a low rate server. You might have to solo grind a part of your character. If you are not into solo grind, I would suggest reaching out to one of the established guilds, as it is the easier way to level up. Those offer you help for leveling, organizing parties, and an easier/cheaper access to gear. Economy:
Prices are relatively high
. Due to a relatively low population, the supply to be able to garantee low prices isnt there. But due to no card remover NPC, cards are still a very secure way of getting fast cash. The WoE Scene being active, woe supplies are also a reliable way to make your way and afford your gear.
Just be smart about it and you ll get the hang of it :-)WoE:
The WoE scene is very healthy at the moment, with 2-3 guilds of 15-25 members battling it out every saturday (5 pm GMT). What I particularly like is that the guilds, while fiercely competing with one another, are job inclusive. You have always dreamt of smashing people with your Battlesmith ? all guilds will be more than happy to welcome you, even if your job is not part of the top-tier in WoE.
To give you an idea of what you can expect, here is a Replay of last Saturday WoE: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124650461Longevity and stability:
Another big plus for me. The server has been around for more than 3 years. Since it's not reliant on any form of support or donations to survive, it garantees you
that the effort and time invested in the server isnt going to be written off, your characters will always be there, which is rare nowadays in the RO community.
Overall, i would give the server a good 8/10
. It just needs more people to reach the perfect score. If you are still looking for a low-rate classic RO experience, and don't mind the relatively low, but cozy community, origins RO is for you.