Origins RO

Started by Dank, Jan 15, 2019, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dank

Server Ratings:
Stability: The server very rarely crashes and freeze even with 1k+ players online including vendor during WoE, I'm very satisfied with it. You could check the number of unique game account online (excluding vendor) online at the homepage.

Availability: 24/7

Community:
Friendliness: I sense the eagerness from veteran to help newbies. Since there is no stats/skill reset, this aspect is very crucial because you have to ask the veteran and use stats/skill calculator to plan your char far ahead to avoid mistakes. Join the discord it to ask for advice and organise a party.

Eventfulness: There is an event for special days like Halloween and Christmas, Pretty decent. The Bloody Halloween with Ghost NPC following you was an innovative gory/creepy concept, didn't really enjoy the sight of blood everywhere but there are people who like it.

Game Masters Ratings:
Friendliness: They kill players out of fun, just kidding!. I'm very impressed by this, WoE scene is very hard to manage because of the insult/offensive behaviour that usually happened after WoE finished. I'm really glad that they didn't kill the WoE scene just because of WoE players famous bad behaviour (If you play other competitive game, you will know it brings out the worst out of people online). In my opinion, they managed it really well with muting people who have over-offensive behaviour in #main chat, although I still encourage players to turn off #main chat after WoE finished.

Availability/Helpfulness: I love when GM replied my support ticket/direct message fast from discord and this is what I experienced during 4 months game time I asked 4 questions that couldn't be answered by the veteran and GMs always replied to me within 24 hours, this is what I experienced with GM-Kreuzbaby and GM-Mathy/Hooch.

Game-Play Ratings:
Economy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumZLwFXJqE <- MMO Inflation explanation. This server understood it and applied some measure to it. Most items that produce too much zeny are nerfed. I like the idea and origins did it quite well.

Guild Competition: Being in a guild is still one of the best ways to grow up in the game either for PvM/WoE. They will guide you, makes you a better player and encourage you to abide server rules.
PVM: Party levelling and MVP is much easier to organise and more fun to kill within guildies especially in origins where you are really rewarded for levelling in a party with other unique players.
WoE: WoE is still something that other games can't offer. Saturday and Sunday WoE has 70++ people joining with 2-3 big guilds competing. Only WoE 1.0 is implemented means some guild still enjoys abusing the portal casting skills makes it less competitive, require less thinking/strategy and discouraging for a smaller guild to compete. Although I can understand that not all people are fond of thinking.

Class Balance: Not sure about this since I only play a class that I enjoy playing. What I do like though, In Origins party levelling is rewarded and encouraged greatly, you could say that every build/class is needed in the party. PvP Build that is very hard to level will still contribute to the group, all you need is to make an effort to create/join a party and invest time to it. Much easier to organise this if you are in a guild since the beginning.

What I like about Origins is a non-donation server that has been up for 4+ years, so the effort that you put in-game is really appreciated. No fast-track and short-cut to get rich easily, all you need is patience and spend more effort in the game. It is also the longest running and the best classic(non-trans) server out there.

Most players are from EU, server peak time is 14:00 - 22:00 GMT+0.
Outside these hours, there are numerous players from America, South East Asia and Australia.

I played in origins since 4-10-2018 till now. Taking a break, that's why I used this time to leave a review. Let's make a party when I'm online. my In-Game-Name:
PvM: Sebas, Ulbert, Nishikienrai ; Guild: Lazy Lizard, Sushi, Meowpocalypse
WoE: Vegito, Ash; Guild: Olympian, Hivemind

Here I attached some screenshot that I have.