NovaRO

Started by JuicyJuices, Apr 12, 2017, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuicyJuices

Stability:
The server is up most of the time. Out of 10 times I get disconnections, 8 are problems on my end.

Economy:
I'm not a hardcore player and don't understand much about this, if at all.

Content:
I enjoy the game very much. The server is supposed to follow kRO, but I can't tell how close it is to kRO because I don't play kRO, or understand corean to keep myself up to date with the latest kRO features. However everyone says that this is the closest server to kRO, so it's probably true. I am pleased with the content offered to me though.

Rates:
25x/25x/10x. I think it's great, items are hard to get but not that hard. Leveling is hard but not that hard. It's the perfect spot between unreasonably difficult and unreasonably easy.

Custom stuff:
There is a cash shop, but everything that is there you can get without donations as well, so I don't see a problem. The server needs money to keep running.
Cash shop items include a number of hats and consumables, like bless scrolls, enriched ores, etc.
Most useful command is @autoloot, which official servers don't seem to have. With this you don't need to pick up items on the floor! What a life saver.
You can also save your loot id settings, and there are many other useful commands as well.

Community:
Most people are very friendly. There are 1 or 2 bullies though, but that's to be expected. Overall great community.

Game Master:
This is where I have a problem with. Not the GMs actually, but the administrator, Nova. Before I get to that, I'd like to praise Atticus and Artemis, they were very helpful and friendly.

Nova is very hard to approach. Can't talk to him, can't criticize him. He would feel offended and get defensive easily. Saying "who do you think you are", "I don't have to answer", etc. My english is bad, I always made it clear that I didn't want to offend anyone. I never had a problem like this on other games.
Nova never wanted to answer my questions. The problem is, he thinks that because he is the admin, he doesn't have to answer my questions. That's where we diverge, I think that the provider should always answer the customer's questions. The problem gets worse because my writing is unrefined and like I said...he gets offended too easily. So, I realize there's a language problem here, but at the same time, since I never had this problem before, I feel like this is more of his problem than mine. The fact that he is not willing to answer + getting offended by my messages ultimately led to my forum and discord accounts banned. Probably my game accounts as well at this point, since I changed my nickname in the forums to "deletemyaccountsaswell" or something like that. Because I stopped playing.

The worst part is that I like his server a lot, and always tried to help. I created an autoit macro for selling things and storing things because I would get finger cramps, he allowed me to use the macro, and I shared the macro to the community(which he removed because he thought people could get the wrong idea and start to look for ways to bot and such, but my point is my contribution), I also created a refinement program so the players could learn their chances(not just the chance from upgrade +x to +x+1 like the refinement tables that are already available, but chances from any upgrade level to any upgrade level, taking into account downgrading, staying at same refine level and breaking) and how much they would spend refining. I also made many suggestions, replied on the discussion forums to try to help newbies more newbie than myself. And lastly I also filed many bug reports. Most of them were items descriptions though, but a few were not.

So basically, I left with a bitter taste. He even said that if I caused a ruckus in game he would ban my accounts. Which left me sad because like I said, I was always trying to help, like why would I create a ruckus?

Just to be clear...I don't think Nova is a bad person or corrupt. I think he is trying to do the best for the server and doesn't do his work just for money. He seems like a good person. My problem is that I basically can't approach him lol.

Overall I recommend playing on this server, because it's really fun. Avoid the administrator and you should be fine.
The best GM is Artemis, and the best guy to help you with technical issues is Atticus(this guy helped me a lot when I couldn't run the newest client).

The game itself is 10/10, but I gave it a 7/10 because of customer support.

noheal

nice review I guess. I would suggest to link what this macro and table you created so people have the whole picture of the problem you had....

Maybe add to the review how long it takes to level?, do they have a nice voting system? woe is active something, Bg is active, #main is active? some basic information

A few notes you should work on your social/human skills just for the sole reason that someone is the administrator/owner/GM/regular player or anything that dosent give the right to any user to inquire, spam or request anything out of said person lol, regarless if you are a paying customer or  not.

just posting this is a red flag lol "Nova is very hard to approach. Can't talk to him, can't criticize him."

Maybe is just me but this just looks like you followed a template to post a rant, I hope is not the case,try to add more information related to the server

JuicyJuices

Quotenice review I guess. I would suggest to link what this macro and table you created so people have the whole picture of the problem you had....
From my iRO post: https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/207447-cost-calculator-and-refinement-calculator/. It's the same from NovaRO, just pre-configured for iRO. The reason I post the iRO one here and not NovaRO is because the one I posted on Nova might get deleted at any time, given that I was banned and all.
The macro I won't post here because I don't know if it's allowed. Just to clarify, I didn't get banned because of them. They are contributions.

QuoteMaybe add to the review how long it takes to level?, do they have a nice voting system? woe is active something, Bg is active, #main is active? some basic information

• It took me 1 week I think to level my ranger from 1 to 175.
  • There is no voting system. There is a daily reward system. Each day you stay online for 1 hour and get better rewards every day
  • main is very active. I don't know about bg or woe because I don't play either, but it seems very active from what I read.

QuoteA few notes you should work on your social/human skills just for the sole reason that someone is the administrator/owner/GM/regular player or anything that dosent give the right to any user to inquire, spam or request anything out of said person lol, regarless if you are a paying customer or  not.
Could you rephrase that? I did not understand.

QuoteMaybe is just me but this just looks like you followed a template to post a rant, I hope is not the case,try to add more information related to the server
I followed a template, but I'm not trying to post a rant. I'm trying to explain my experience.
The part I most enjoyed on the server were the instances, there are lots of instances and most of them are 1 day cooldown, cheap stat/skill resetter. Card remover. Everything helps so that you can try new builds easily.
There's the new refinement interface: https://www.novaragnarok.com/forum/news/refinement-patch-notes-r115/
There are buying shops, healer, warper, many convenience npcs that sell stuff for specific classes like the arrow dealer.
There is this thing called "Gramps", where everybody gathers to party and level up. It's very fun as well.
Field MVPs are easy to kill but hard to find alive.
There are crimson weapons.
Another thing that I enjoyed a lot is the vending map. People can go there and set up their buying or selling shops. Then you can go @go market and @shopjump to teleport to the player buying/selling what you want, using @whosells and @whobuys.

Hm...I don't know what else to say. Like I said, I enjoy the game itself very much and highly recommend it. What I don't recommend is talking to Nova.
Feel free to ask more questions, it makes it easier for me as well  /no1