YatagarasuRO

Started by Tom~, Mar 20, 2012, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

I've been playing YatagarasuRO for a year and a half now. It used to be a SHR, but the server recently switched to HR as the admin thought it would be better for the server's growth (SHRs are quite dead ATM, in general). After experiencing the new Yata, I really can't complain. It fixed a lot of the problems the server had, and I can't wait until it's officially advertised.
With that said, I haven't been able to play Yata (or any server, really) too much lately due to personal issues... so, because of boredom, here it is, my yRO review!
Just as a note: I added some images so the review wouldn't be so dull. Feel free to ignore them as I put them in spoiler tags.

Server Ratings

I haven't experienced (server-side) crashes in a long time. While I think that the host could be better, I can't really complain. No lag, no crashes... simply perfect in that regard. Then again, the server doesn't have many players online, so... for now, very good =)

Community Ratings

The community, in my experience, has been quite amazing. They know that the server isn't very newbie-friendly because of the amount of customization, so they do everything they can to help newcomers.

When it comes to interaction between stablished players, you can find just about everything. There's a few bad apples, but they're rare. Most people know each other and talk often. It does get a bit dramatic when people start bragging about PvP/GvG... but what HR community isn't like that? Haha.

Overall, I'd say the community is quite polite, specially considering that there are no rules against swearing/harassment/etc.

Events are mostly automated. There's a different event every hour, on a 6-hour rotation. At first I didn't really like the idea behind having so many automated events, but now I believe they did this simply because automated events are fair. GM-handled events are often biased (or atleast that is what people think), and many end up in drama.
With that said, GM Tiffany holds events every now and then, and there's a forum-based event that resets every week.
"Community Screenshots"

[close]

Game Master Ratings

The way the staff runs the server is almost perfect, IMO. They let the server "flow", so to speak, by being online very often but not actually showing themselves. They answer @requests quickly, and you can see that they bother checking PvP/listening to players' complains or concerns, as most of the changes they make are spot on.
GM Tiffany, the "ingame GM", is quite friendly and tries her best to help players.
The Administrator keeps everything professional, and mostly answers questions in the forums, or through PMs/emails.
I'm very pleased with the way they do things, and I truly hope they keep it up!
"GM Tiffany's Event"
[close]

Gameplay Ratings
Quote from: "YatagarasuRO's Site"We provide a very different ragnarok-game experience here
I don't think there's a better way to describe yRO's gameplay. Different.
First of all, you can build your character is SO many ways. Unlike in other HRs, headgears have no effects at all, and instead, there are "Headgear Effect Cards". Basically, you choose what effects your headgear is going to have. It allows for lots of original builds (specially considering there are 200 headgear effects, lol). Custom gears, crystals, etc... I have yet to find a build exactly like mine. It keeps you on your toes, too, as you're always wondering what kind of build is your enemy going to have.
Then, we have the Region System, Tokens, and the different events... but I'm not really going to explain that, as I don't really want to ruin it for whoever decides to try it, and this is not the place for that anyway =P
The economy is great, despite the server being a HR. Players sell just about anything, and at decent prices: hats, crystals, tokens, custom boss cards, equipments, etc. It's worth noting that, instead of zeny, the server's currency is called "Crow", and to buy from merchants, you have to use "Crow Coins" (1m Crow). Very nice change that allows merchants to hold more money than just 2b. Considering that money isn't hard to make, that's very useful.
Guild competition is the only thing I will criticize. WoE/KoE were great at one point, with two big guilds and some smaller ones trying to take the crown, but that kinda died out. I'm looking forward to the day we'll have more guilds, haha.
"WoE screenshots"

[close]

Overall, the best RO experience I've had so far. Definitly recommended.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Silverbaine

Tom I'm ashamed... Yata is so fail imo... <3
least it was last I checked and I doubt much changed bro its a "creepy" server... xd
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

Tom~

I don't know what do you mean by "creepy".

And it's all personal opinion. You enjoyed playing TSBRO, MysticRO and... another server; all servers I didn't like at all.

Silverbaine

too true bro, but lol even Lexy said yata was creepy, if you don't member... ;p
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

Tom~

Lexy also played for a good amount of time =P

But anyway, as an update, I have noticed more GM activity ingame lately. Hope they keep it up.

Yatagarasu

Thank you for posting this Tom, it means a lot to us! :] We're very glad you're enjoying the server.

Silverbaine

more staff activity? hmm.. maybe I should come check it out.. Like I said, last I logged in Yata was some time ago xd sounds like things changed a bit and worth another shot..